“Excellent restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchanalia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 3,466 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cross street: between Huff Road & 14th Street
Peachtree City, GA
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Food is excellent..We actually ate at Quinones. Love the Chef's menu. Wine was just okay for the price.

Visited July 2012

San Luis Obispo, CA
“Truly outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The restaurant is tucked away inside what looks like a country store selling dishes and kitchenware. When you walk through you enter the restaurant which is sophisticated but low key.

The basic menu is a set price 5-course dinner with multiple options for each of the courses. You can also order a la carte if you wish. Service was attentive, friendly, quick, but never obtrusive.

But the best part was the food. Truly outstanding. It was one of the best meals I've had in the past decade and my companion said it was the best she'd had since she was in France several years ago.

Besides the dishes we ordered, they brought out three different "suprises" from the chef--a tiny puff pastry filled with melted cheese that was to die for, a beautiful little tray of golden beets with an unusual glaze, and a selection of delightful desserts in addition to the desserts we ordered. And when we left the ladies in the "country store" at the front urged us to take home free bread, muffins, whatever... Amazing experience, that was fun, satisfying, surprising, and delicious. I'd go back again tonight if I could. Well worth the visit.

And regarding price, for two of us the total came to $150. She had a glass of wine, I had a beer, and we ordered a la carte. Expensive, yes, but well worth it.

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“The only fine dining left in Atlanta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Professional staff, great menu options, conversational atmosphere, deliciously complete wine menu and excellent house made cocktails. There are a lot of whiny comments on here, but really and truly, this is a must try if you are into great food and are staying in Atlanta. Yes, it is expensive, but this isn't McDonald's. You are paying for the experience, also. Excellent presentations. Friendly and attentive staff....a great romantic place or special occasion place to go. The menu IS confusing if you don't speak English. Otherwise, read and go...and if you have a question, ask. I'm honestly quite shocked it isn't number 1 on Trip Advisor, but that chain restaurants rank more highly should tell you a little something about the type of people who are rating Atlanta restaurants. I travel the world, and this is still one of my favorite spots....and when I bring people here, they invariably say it was one of the finest they have ever experienced.

• Visited April 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“Not the same”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Maybe I'm just older and more jaded, but this is not the restaurant I remember from years ago. The menu is confusing and I had an oyster dish that was horrible. Yes, every plate look like a work of art, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's good. There were some courses that were good, but for three people at almost $400 I think we all could have agreed that we were not full when we left. When they first opened and the concept was new it was one thing, but now that so many restaurants are doing the same thing and doing it better and at less cost it has lost its edge. So many years a five star experience is now sadly a three star at best.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
atlanta
“Phenomenal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

One of the best food experiences I have ever had! The beauty, quality and taste of the food was beyond anything I had ever had. Of course I had this expectation when going to celebrate an anniversary dinner and I wasn't disappointed. The amuse-bouche that the chef often sent out were like little fantasy treats! Loved the ambiance too....everything was just fabulous!

• Visited July 2012