“Perfect for Special Occasions” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchanalia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 3,464 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: between Huff Road & 14th Street
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect for Special Occasions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Bacchanalia and it's exclusinve Quinones Room are by far the best fine dining experiences I've had in Atlanta. We went to Bacchanalia in October 2012 to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversay and we had a wonderful and memorable experience. The highlights for me were the crab fritter and lamb. My husband's NY strip was to die for. I had the apple souffle for dessert and devoured every ounce of it. It is an expensive endeavor so you have to be ready to spend the money for a special occasion, but it was worth it and I didn't suffer from buyer's remorse the next day. Worth every penny to me. As a bonus, we got to see a man proposing to his now fiance two tables over. A wonderfully, romantic environment.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Consistently creative and rewarding food for a number of years. Somewhat crowded tables but, hey, you can't have everything.

“Riding on past glory”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

There was a time that this was the best restaurant in the Southeast. Now, it is not the best in the shopping center. The food is just ok. It has not kept pace with the development of Atlanta as a pretty good food city. The wait staff is snotty and not at all helpful. One has the feeling that they are really inconvenienced by having to serve. The wine list is very, very limited. I udnerstood this when it was an up and coming restaurant. Now I find it grossly disappointing considering the price of the entrees. When you expect a guest to pay $100 per person for food, you should have some good wines to offer with it. I suppose I will have to return here because of friends who remember the good old days, but I will push for Restaurant Eugene or Rathbun.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“not worth the investment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We are Foodies and having heard about Bacchanalia from our local friends my Bride and I were looking forward to eating here. we found the service to be some of the worst we had experienced in a long time (could be that we had an early reservation and the wait staff was still waking up!!). The food was Ok but certainly not anything as inspired as we had been led to expect. Save your cash and eat at Miller Union or one of the other newer resturants springing up

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

One of the most memorable dining experiences of recent memory.
This place is truly world class. Interesting menu offerings, impeccable service without being invasive, and best of all, I loved getting the 3oz "splashes" of wine which each of my five courses...
Be prepared to pay dearly for it, but if you are a true foodie, it'll be money well spent.