“Hotel of Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Hotel of Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is my hotel of choice in ATL. It is a superior hotel with great rooms. Very central to everything downtown - walk to restaurants, sports, aquarium, world of coke, etc. But most of all - the staff are outstanding and will do what they can to accommodate requests - from the front desk to housekeeping - they are outstanding. You should know that this is not the norm at most of the hotels in downtown ATL despite our "southern hospitality."

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view and are very quiet - tallest hotel!!!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a business trip and thought it was the most amazing hotel I had ever stayed at! I had a room on the 56th floor and had an amazing view of Olympic Park and the FerrisWheel. The lobby is one of the most gorgeous hotel lobbies I have ever seen and the revolving restaurant at the top of the hotel is a must see! It is a really fun place for a happy hour drink. If you choose to forgo room service, the hotel give you food vouchers that can we used at the revolving restaurant. The Starbucks in the lobby is also really convenient and the food vouchers can be used there as well. My only complaint is that the rooms are not as technology compatible as other hotels. For instance, the lamps on the nightstands did not have electrical outlets to charge my cell phone at night. I had to use an outlet adjacent to the bed and leave my phone on the floor to charge while I was sleeping. The same went for the desk in the room. There were no outlet plugs on the lamp to plug in a laptop or phone.

Stayed December 2014
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had a nice stay at this hotel, starting with when employees handed out complimentary bottles of water when the check-in line was extremely long. I also liked the complimentary late Sunday check-out. The agent was extremely friendly and chatty. I removed one star because people talked about the complimentary bottle of water in the room, and I swear I saw the tag on the water bottle that it was complimentary. However, after I went home I saw that I was charged $4.xx for a stupid bottle of water. I guess I can call it even since I got one earlier for free. I didn't want to call and argue over $4 but I'm still highly annoyed about it and will hold a grudge over it :) Next time I stay at a Starwood, I just won't touch the water.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Long Eaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a massive hotel, it feels like something out of a sci-fi movie when in the reception. Having said that the rooms are very cosy with fabulous views. It the highest hotel in the Western Hemisphere, so that's not a surprise. The rooftop restaurant with the external glass lift is a must. Good central location I'll definitely return there. Cheers

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Abingdon, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was not happy when our annual meeting was booked at the Westin. I am a long-time Hilton Honors Diamond Member and hate to miss any opportunities to earn points. After I checked into my 59th floor room, the disappointment quickly went away. My king bed room with an awesome view of Atlanta was very nice and spacious. From the comfortable bed, awesome shower with multiple shower heads, comfortable and functional room amenities, I became a fan of Westin during this stay. The room also had a refrigerator and in-closet safe. While the room was spacious, I did find the bathroom a bit on the small side, but it became a non-issue each morning with the great shower. I normally don’t hoard the complimentary toiletries, but did on this stay. While my floor was relatively quiet during my three night stay, if you are a light sleeper, ear plugs may help because there is always someone who lets the door slam behind them and always someone who wants to have a freaking conversation in the hallway instead of in a common area or in their room as not to disturb other guests.
I used the gym daily and was very impressed with the extensive and well-equipped fitness facility. Always stocked with towels, water and fruit to-go. Get there early if you want a treadmill; on my daily visits they were always in use and people coming in to use were forced to use alternate pieces of equipment. In addition to cardio equipment, the center has an abundance of stationary equipment, weights and a stretching/yoga area.
All of our meeting facilities were great. The staff at The Westin was wonderful in meeting the needs of our group of nearly 200 Coca-Cola Quality professionals. The staff was attentive and there were no complaints during the four days we were here. One night a few from our group had drinks at The Sundial and another night I used Open Table to book a table for dinner to again enjoy its revolving floor and view of downtown Atlanta. The meal was good and our server; Anna Tucker was very attentive and great to chat with during our dinner.
The property is located within walking distance to a number of dining choices so a car is not necessary unless you have to travel beyond the downtown area. The Westin does not have its own shuttle, but uses Super Shuttle at a rate of $16 one way from Atlanta-Hartsfield International Airport. If you do opt for a car, the hotel offers valet parking at $32/night. I definitely will stay here again. I’m now looking to build up my SPG loyalty points after this awesome stay!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Agree with other reviewers--this is not the usual Westin standard in any way. Really loud, huge gaps around the door mean you hear everything in the hall, paper thin walls between rooms, you can hear the water and toilet in the next room, rattling around in the closet, etc. housekeeping really spotty, toiletries not replaced, tea not replaced, they must have realized the sink was clogged but never reported it, so I had to wait for maintenance to fix it. No robe or slippers unless you request them. It took three calls for the front desk to answer the phone. Lighting really is terrible.
Not worth the price, but they obviously thrive on conference business and don't really care.
Neighborhood has virtually nothing to offer in decent restaurants or basic shopping. Hard Rock, Hooters, and a tiny CVS.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We visited this hotel for a quick trip to Atlanta and we weren't disappointed. It's one of the tallest buildings located right in the center of downtown Atlanta. This is an awesome location being just blocks from the Phillips Arena, GA Aquarium, Coca Cola World and numerous other great attractions. The hotel offers onsite self parking or valet at a cost of $32. The lobby is quite modern, clean, and there even is a Starbucks located on the main floor. At checkin we were upgraded (for being a loyal SPG member) to a room on the 59th floor over looking Olympic Park which was a great little bonus. The room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable as always with the Westins! Being a round hotel you've gotta expect the rooms to have some awkwardness to it and in our room it was the bathroom. It did the job, but not as big as typical Westins. There was not one thing that would deter us from staying at this Westin again in the future, and we would highly suggest it! Also, while visiting, be sure to have a meal up on the 72nd floor at the Sundial Restaurant. It's quite a treat.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Peachtree Plaza? Share your experiences!