“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Birmingham, Alabama
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Checking-in was quick and easy. The bed was very comfortable, along with the rest of the room. The staff was nice and helpful the whole time. I particularly enjoyed the RunWestin program. They provided a map with a couple suggested running routes, so I got to see some of the city that was and get a good workout. I would stay here again. The view from my room on the 47th floor was also fantastic!

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel back in October of last year. they were going through a lot of construction but you cant really knock them for that because ultimately it was for the bettering of the property. There were however several elevators and it was a little confusing. We were up on a high floor and got a pretty nice view. the whole side window thing was nice. the one thing that brought their rating down for me was long wait times for anything to be sent up and the staff. The woman who I asked for extra blankets and pillows from early in the morning after a long night on the town was rude and unfriendly. When it took over 40 minutes and we still had no blankets I called back. She snapped at me ( I wasn't rude or upset when asking if they'd be up soon) and said "yeah they're on the way!" and hung up on me. I work in that department and would NEVER talk to a guest that way. The next morning we got the same attitude from someone else. This beautiful hotel was given a lower rating because of the ugly attitude of some of their staff. Hopefully since then they remodeled that as well!

Room Tip: higher floor with a view of downtown
Green Features: They are pretty green make a green choice to skip service
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Enterprise, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a high class hotel. The building is part of the skyline icons of the city, the Sun Dial restaurant at the top is spectacular. The hotel is close to CNN and the World of Coca Cola.
The food and breakfast are refined, everything fresh and warm. The rooms are wide and have an amazing view of the city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Halifax, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

One or two problems with the room on arrival, dirty linen, no coffee whitener, tv remote not working, all sorted out by SPG rep on check in desk (April) did a good job, many thanks to her.

Unfortunately there was a womens convention taking place, they were very loud, especially at 3.00am in the room next to ours.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the more expensive thy become, ask for a view over the Olympic Park.
Green Features: Nothing special, just the same as most of the hotels we have stayed in, used of towels etc.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

For all that this hotel appears to be outwardly and by its brand name, sadly, doesn't fit with what you get when you walk into this hotel. Checked in to a complacent front desk agent... while walking to my room encountered vomit all over the entry to the elevators. I could hear loud partying coming from a conference room... when I walked over to hotel staff to explain that I had walked through vomit and could not get to my room, they issued no apology, but radioed for someone to clean up the mess. I notified a police officer of what appeared to be underage drinking by high-school students... he informed me that it was "prom night" and that a local school had rented out the loud conference room for their event. I was absolutely disgusted at the lack of concern shown from the police officer to enforce age-appropriate drinking, as well as the hotel staff for condoning it. When I asked hotel staff why they were allowing high school students to have a prom there, when obviously they were under-age drinking, they informed me that if rooms are paid for... well... and that was about all they could say. I was issued a room... upon entering, found eyeglasses on the table belonging to a previous guest. Heard loud partying down the hall, so then I called and complained and asked to be moved. They agreed to give me another floor. Upon exiting (with no bellman sent to assist me with moving my belongings), observed more teenagers in hallway groping and making-out in elevator lobby area. I had to cover my child's eyes to prevent her from seeing the raunchiness exhibited by the drunk teens. After I was moved, after again hearing repeated partying and dog barking down the hall, had to call and complain again to the office. Although it did settle down after that point, it was already 2 a.m. and there was not much good sleep to be had. Nothing about this stay was fun, enjoyable, or sanitary. I will not do business with anyone who clearly turns a blind eye to underage drinking. Completely unprofessional!

Room Tip: Get another hotel!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Good Afternoon '720jr',

I am very disappointed to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the unacceptable behavior you witnessed from other guests and for the lack of attentive customer service you experienced. Please know that your well-being and the quality of your stay is very important to us.

I'd like to discuss your experience further, so please contact me directly at your earliest convenience at westinpeachgm@westin.com. Thank you for taking the time to provide your important feedback and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,

Ron Tarson
The Westin Peachtree Plaza
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've stayed in this hotel several times while going to the Bridal Shows. The staff was very nice. So were the rooms. The beds are so comfortable! The only complaint I have is that there aren't electrical outlets close to the beds or tables....they are all the way across the room. So there is no charging while working at the tables or sitting in bed. Other than that, it's a very nice stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great restaurant up on the revolving floor, a wonderfully seasonal menu was served. The workout facility is OK, I expected a little more. The breakfast buffet was good, but expected more for the price. Amenities were fine, but could always use more lights!

Room Tip: Wi-Fi is automatically zeroed out on your bill
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Westin Peachtree Plaza? Share your experiences!