“Beautiful view, beautiful service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #72 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Beautiful view, beautiful service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I know some people have complained about this Westin and while it is not the newest in the chain, it certainly does show itself to be worthy. I love the pool on the 11th floor. The views of Atlanta. The wonderful Westin beds. The positive energy of the staff. One little peeve I have but it is one that I keep encountering in high end hotels...the fee for WiFi. People. This is the 21st century and WiFi is free in almost any shlock motel. At this point it should be as standard as hot water in the shower. Keeping that aside, I would recommend this for anyone visitin downtown Atlanta.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views but longer wait times for elevators. Take your pick :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WestinPeachGM, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Hello 'June W',

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our friendly associates, our indoor pool, and great views during your recent stay with us. You also mentioned the cost for WIFI and I do hope you were able to take advantage of the complimentary WIFI access we offer in the Lobby on the 5th floor. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed here for two night to do some sight seeing. I stayed here 7 years ago and it was great. I can honestly say I was not disappointed My room was a little too clean, the duvet smelled like bleach and it was quite strong. I called the front desk and they changed my room immediately. I never had any problems again. The room was clean and neat. The view was amazing ( 60th floor). We ordered room service and it was timely and very good. I have nothing but nice things to say about this hotel. The location is great, we walked everywhere and it was very centrally located to visit the downtown sites. I highly recommend Teds Montana grill just a few blocks away, great food and milkshakes!

Stayed July 2014
Hello 'luckygirl8596',

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us on TripAdvisor. We truly value your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your guestroom view, In-Room Dining experience, and our convenient location during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warmest Regards,

Land O' Lakes, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

One of the most beautiful and unique properties I have ever set foot in.
The staff were attentive and friendly. Our room was on the 55th floor. Yes, you read that right. 55th.
There is an observation deck on the 72nd floor above the restaurant. It is free for hotel guests. ( note: if you pick your kids up from camp in TN and your kids are wearing their best neon playclothes, the staff may assume you are not actually staying on the property, and might want to charge you to see the observation deck). The view from our room was nothing short of spectacular. We only stayed one night, but I would have gladly stayed two or three just to hang out and immerse myself in the ATL scene. I would drive the 8 hours to stay here again. That says a lot!
The kids loved Hard Rock Cafe across the street.

Stayed July 2014
Greetings 'Susan A',

I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our great views, the Sun Dial Restaurant, and our convenient location during your recent experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

If you're familiar with the Westin brand, this property is top notch. The hotel has quite a few floors and a fantastic revolving restaurant on top. I highly recommend staying here and asking for a higher room. The room I stayed in (and I believe they all do) had floor to ceiling windows, so my view of Olympic Park, the Ferris Wheel and Aquarium were fantastic.
There's also a Starbucks in the lobby for your morning pick me up.

Good Morning 'MrTG',

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our great views and the Sun Dial Restaurant during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in the near future.

The Westin Peachtree
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for our ASOA/NAOT meeting. I was blown away from the minute I opened my door to my room. The curtains were open and the view out the floor to ceiling windows was nothing short of breathtaking! The staff was very attentive to the needs of their guests. Case in point.While I was on the elevator going up to my room on the 66 floor, a security officer asked me how I was enjoying my stay.I told him that I was struggling with sleeping at night due to the hardness of the mattress. He told me that they were known for their Heavenly mattresses and he would see what he could do.Now, in all fairness, I am used to sleeping on a very fluffy soft mattress at home so this is not unusual for me when I travel. The next day I had a message on my phone from the security officer. H e wanted to see if I had slept better that night as he had housekeeping come in and add padding to my bed. WOW! I had slept better. More importantly, I was amazed that he followed through on my complaint. There were 3 conventions going on at the hotel while we were there and he still made sure I was taken care of. That is exceptional service!
The location of the Westin is perfectly located for walking down to Centennial Park, The Coca Cola Museum or the Aquarium. There were lots of great restaurants in the area within walking distance, but if you are staying at the hotel, DO NOT miss lunch or dinner on the 77th floor at the Sundial Restaurant. The food and presentation was fantastic! The views were breathtaking and the restaurant rotates during your meal so the view is constantly changing. The glass elevator ride up to the restaurant is impressive as well.
I would highly recommend staying at The Westin to heighten your experience of your visit to Atlanta. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: For the best views, stay in floor 50 and above. The pool is fantastic with a retractable roof.
Green Features: I loved that the hotel is green. They offer the opportunity to get a 5.00 voucher every day that you don't have maid service. You hang the card on your door before 2:00am and in the morning when you awake there will be a voucher under your door to use at Starbucks or the restaurants.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed here during last May's Momocon. Fancyyyy. Haha. I'm not used to staying in hotels like this, but so many amenities. However, despite already paying a lot, you're still nickel-and-dimed for things like bottled water, extra toiletries, WiFi. Nonetheless, once you get used to your surroundings, this hotel is prime. Rooms with a sky view are ideal--it's so amazing to gaze out of the window being several stories high. I felt safe in the area--there were cameras & men in suits everywhere. It's conveniently located within walking distance of so many shops, restaurants, the mall, the convention center, etc. There's literally nothing to complain about in this hotel other than paying 4$ for a bottle of water. But what do you expect from a luxurious hotel? I'd highly recommend staying here, especially if you can find a great rate via a travel booking website. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Sky view, always !! :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hello 'herbravado',

I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our great views and convenient location during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Coppell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Almost finished with week long stay for Ann's conference. The hotel is up to par for downtown highrise. I can see where things like concierge and parking and getting something printed from a laptop can break down real fast. I had to ask for shower drain to be unplugged, but they did it right away. We plan to have a Sun Dial experience, so we will see how that goes. I also do not understand why a pricey hotel cannot have free wifi.

Green Features: I like the idea of the Green. We agree to taking care of our own towels and bedding, saves environment from phosphates, save them money, and we get a $5 credit each day to use in hotel; Ann get's Starbucks coffee
Hello 'gregorio1955',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Make a Green Choice program during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Been to The Westin Peachtree Plaza? Share your experiences!