“Pricey but good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Stoneville
“Pricey but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I rate hotels on location, safety, cleanness, and price Location is important because I like to be close to meetings I’m attending. Westin Peach Tree is a good hotel. Because I prefer to park my own car without having to pay, for parking or storage; an option here is to pay $22 per night or park it yourself at a much lower rate in an area real tight to manuvier in. I selected to have them park my car.

Outside and around the hotel should be clean and free of obstructions. Hotel has to be safe, if I see a thick bullet proof glass around the front desk, I know I’m in the wrong neighborhood and find another location. I saw nothing to think I was at an unsafe hotel. Come on this hotel is downtown Atlanta, what do you expect in a large city?

Room’s cleanliness is an absolute must with an adequate safety lock for the door. The room needs to be comfortable with the television at viewing level while lying on bed. Room was very roomy, very attractive view from the 60th floor of metro Atlanta. Bed was very comfortable with a rain like shower and a detachable shower head.

Front desk personnel are important but not as important as my safety, if they have pleasant attitude that’s great if unpleasant it’s a real bummer. Front desk people here were excellent and went out of their way to see that I knew how to get around the huge hotel. Internet connection is important since being on business is generally the reason for traveling. Internet is fast but not free, as it would be at a mid-priced hotel. I believe we had to pay $15 per 24 hour period.

On top of having to pay to park, paying for the internet, the breakfast bar which is free with the same items Westin charged $25 per person. Last but not least I ask myself, would I stay their again? The answer is yes if the meeting I was attending was held at the hotel, otherwise no.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Sandersville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here for a SECO convention... Nice hotel with comfortable rooms. Riding the elevator up to The Sundial is a must. The only downside there was the waitress. She was rude.
The thing that stands out most in my mind is the valet and bellman. They were fabulous! The rooms themselves were just as nice as any other hotel I've stayed in while visiting Atlanta. That's great and perhaps my expectations were a little bit higher than they should have been... Nice enough...I'd definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GMWestinPeach, General Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Good Afternoon 'Danielle B',

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed receiving attentive service from our guest services associates, however, I do apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had with one of our Sun Dial Restaurant associates. Please know that we strive to provide welcoming and friendly service to all of our guests and I apologize that you did not experience that.

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Stayed here for one night. My food was delivered 2 hours late after calling 4x. When it arrived it had a fly sitting on it. Asked for no bacon because I'm Muslim and it arrived with bacon. Management "reed" was very rude and disrespectful. My Co workers of 12 stay at the w but because of the people that work here I choose to come here over there. NEVER in my life have I felt so disrespected after my complaint. When I told them about it all I received was a free breakfast... sorry not interested after your food had a bug on it. Disgusted. Will never stay here again!!! And neither should you. Unless you like Flys on your food and to be treated like dirt. I travel 8 months of the year and this was the last time! Front desk personal was great but Mr Reed needs a new profession... good luck to anyone that stays here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This 72-story hotel is by the far the coolest, most unusual hotel I've ever stayed at. Was in town for a convention and it was close to everything! Didn't have to "walk" far from the plane to my room. From Atlanta's fantastic airport and well-designed MARTA, I was able to get to the Westin with little effort, as the MARTA Peachtree stop is literally steps from the hotel. My room had a great view and I'm sure others could say the same as we ALL get a surrounding view of downtown Atlanta. This is especially true if one eats at the hotel's revolving restaurant, the Sun Dial. Trouble with any revolving restaurant, however, is your table is gone when you return from the bathroom! The food was excellent and our waiter was terrific! The views were fantastic of Atlanta's downtown and great for pictures of the sun setting! There is a Starbucks in the 5th floor lobby for a quick breakfast! Elevators operate by a confusing touch key system using your hotel room key and the touch mechanism is on only one side, so everyone on your elevator crowds to one corner just to push their floor number; they should have one on either side of the doors. Overall, I look forward to staying here again because of the close proximity to other fine restaurants and attractions such as Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium.

Room Tip: Don't have a fear of heights!
Hello 'Deansorgan',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, great views, the Sun Dial Restaurant, and Starbucks Coffee Bar during your last stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Atlanta. Stayed on the 70th floor, the view was breath taking looking over the city. Room was pristine, beds were fresh and we couldn't have had enough of that friendly warm welcome we

• Stayed March 2014
Good Afternoon 'Norma R',

I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our great views during your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your much appreciated feedback and for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your anniversary. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Norton, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here for a conference at the Georgia World Conference Center. This hotel was very nice. Lobby was beautiful. Convenient walk to nice restaurants. I really enjoyed the bar on the top floor. The shuttles to the conference center came often and were very convenient. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Myesha C, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Peachtree Plaza, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Good Afternoon 'StephanieD365',

I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Sun Dial Bar, our convenient location, and your stay during your recent experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Myesha Cross
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was in Atlanta at the end of February visiting a friend. She booked us in this fabulous hotel. The decor is modern and the facility was very clean. I didnt like the fact that the wireless services were not that great so it was hard to get reception on cell phones and computers. I adored the view of the city from our room high in the sky. :) I asked for a toothbrush because I forgot mine. My friend called as we were on our way there, when we got to the hotel the hospitality crew had left a new toothbrush for me. I was thrilled about the service and friendliness of the staff. Great stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hello 'Pia H',

I'm so delighted to hear about the prompt and attentive service you received during your recent experience with us and that you enjoyed our great views and friendly associates. Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Myesha Cross
The Westin Peachtree Plaza

Been to The Westin Peachtree Plaza? Share your experiences!