“Rm 2208” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Rm 2208”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

At full price it's a 3 for a regular person. I have a REALLY cheap corporate rate and got some nice freebies since I'm platinum so I'll give it a 4 for my experience.

The room was very clean, the TV worked nicely, there were feather pillows, and there was a channel guide. So, I would stay here again. For a tourist it's attached to the Lenox Square Mall and right across the street from Marta which is awesome. I have Platinum Status so I got to go to the concierge lounge which is really nice here compared to some other properties. The paid internet at $16.95/day is faster than my internet at home. The gym was really nice but I had to switch treadmills since one is off a little. The daytime front desk person was crazy friendly. The night time didn't seem as friendly but really was super helpful in securing me a dental kit from who knows where since the shop was out of toothpaste. The six elevators are pretty speedy for any size property especially one this big.

The entrance and signage was a bit difficult for a self-parking person unfamiliar with the area. The lobby was nice but the layout was atypical. The double bed is small. They are not for sharing. If I had to share the double bed with my wife I wouldn't have slept. Your kids can share it. On the 22nd floor my Verizon work phone had trouble keeping calls after 2pm. A LOT of dropped calls. My Tmobile personal phone didn't at night but did during the day. The water pressure is low up here, too. There is light that shines in around the door. There is also poor sound-proofing for the door to the hall. The walls were great, though.

I guess some people really like Buckhead. Maybe walking from the self-park up that flight of stairs made me miss something. It's not worth $389 + tax, parking, and internet to me which was the rack rate. The Marriott across the street with the Shula's in it is pretty comparable and usually priced lower for both parking and room rates.

I would stay here again but not at rack rate.

Room Tip: Lower floor may help with cell phone signal.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We certainly appreciate your loyalty and patronage. I am delighted you found our front office staff to be "crazy friendly" and helpful. We strive to ensure our guests have a positive experience at the JW Marriott Atlanta so I will be sure to share your comments. I wanted to let you know that I have personally followed up with our team to ensure we have check the treadmills. Thank you for letting us know. We look forward to your future visits. Let us know on your arrival and we will be happy to show you how to access the elevators from the self-parking garage. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Buckhead (the area where this Marriott is located) is a prime place to be. Especially if you'd like to enjoy the day & night life! Emphasis on nightlife. I think this area is much like alas Vegas! In that many establishments don't close until the wee hours of the night. People are everywhere, food vendors alongside the streets, and plenty of adult entertainment. I wouldn't suggest this for a family however. Only because there is a large volume of college aged people who want to seriously party. I would highly recommend for a "fun adult visit", but definitely not for underage kids. Tons to do and see.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from rooms near the elevators. People who have been drinking will thunder by and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have stayed at this property several times and the service is always 5 stars. Richard the driver was great and full of information and there was a young lady that worked the front desk, I can remember her name but she was young with short hair was so friendly and went out of her way to ask me and others if they needed anything. This will ALWAYS be my go to hotel when I travel to Atlanta!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thanks for your "5-Star" posting! I will be sure to share your nice compliments with Richard and our Front Office team. We are so fortunate to have such a great team who are dedicated to taking care of our guests and enjoy what they do. Your loyalty is certainly appreciated and we look forward to your next visit.
Juneau Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is our sixth or seventh stay here, and the quality is always "perfect." Friendly, helpful staff. Our number one choice when in Atlanta on business. The rooms are spacious, the Concierge lounge is very nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
I want to thank you for your loyalty and nice post. Hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Check in and check out we're easy and quick. Rooms are spacious and clean. I appreciated that the room had plenty of outlets for my devices. Working space in the room was ample and good. Internet speed was excellent. Club lounge was nice and good and beverage choices we're plentiful. Workout room was also good with plenty of equipment. Pool area is adequate but without areas to sit. There are upkeep and maintenance issues there with exposed electrical outlets. The restrooms were quite dusty.
The biggest complaint was with the noise between the rooms. The connecting room doors aren't well insulated for sound. Ugh.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review and letting us know about your recent experiences during your stay. It is nice to know that overall you enjoyed our amenities; however, I was most concerned to learn about the noise issues you experienced. Rest assured that I have personally followed up on the maintenance issues you have noted. The electric plate cover in the pool area has been replaced. Thank you for letting us know. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally to extend our sincerest apologies. Please feel free to phone me or our Director of Operations, Ebrahima Mbye at your earliest convenience. You can reach either of us by calling our assistant, Pam Drake at 404-262-8631. I hope that we will have an opportunity to regain your trust and confidence. I do hope you will plan to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This JW Marriott is classy. Very nice rooms, well appointed, up to date, clean. The rec area (spa and workout room) is great as well. I stayed at this hotel 5 or 6 times for business in 2012 and was always very satisfied, which is why I kept going back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thanks for your "classy" review and for your loyalty! I hope you will keep returning so we can continue to exceed your expectations!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Friendly staff, fantastic Buckhead location, and a concierge lounge only matched in the US by the JW Marriott in Miami. This hotel is one of the best deals in Atlanta with an experience not far from a Ritz or Four Seasons but a price tag usually significantly below its fellow luxury neighbors. Great option for a layover. And don't be too disappointed to find out that you can only dine in the bar area ~ the food is fantastic with some excellent wholesome and vegan options....

Room Tip: Opt for the concierge level.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I enjoyed your post and will be sure to share your fabulous comments with our team. I am glad to learn you enjoyed our dinner menu options. I will be sure to let our Executive Chef, Robert Mitchell know you especially liked our wholesome and vegan selections. Thanks for your loyalty and I hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!