“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Hotel was very nice. Rooms were great. Excellent location. Buckhead is sufficiently close to everything you need. Was there for a football game and was able to get to the game and have a fun trip without the hassle of long drive times. Customer service was really great. The downstairs bar was great. The breakfast was great. Made to order omelets and a buffet that was really good. The price was reasonable relative to other hotels in the area because I got the room well in advance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thanks for sharing your great comments. I'm delighted you found our hotel to be convenient and our customer service to be top notch. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Boerne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

There are multiple Marriott Hotels in this area, within walking distance. Two of them across the street from each other. If you re not aware of this it is easy to pull into the wrong one. If the one you chose is the Hotel, not the conference center you will find it is not just across the street, but also inside a shopping mall, with confusing one way streets, and no easy way to turn around. This driving problem is severe enough that I would advise anyone not very familiar with the area to consider other facilities. Otherwise the hotel is typical Marriott. Others in our group were staying in other walking distance hotels. I asked the check in desk if there was a restaurant in the hotel, and was told it was on the second floor, and was open until 11. Based upon that our group agreed to meet in the hotel. When we gathered for dinner, the restaurant was closed,apparently for renovation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent visit to the JW Marriott Atlanta. I am very sorry you had difficulty finding the hotel. It can be confusing with the Atlanta Marriott Hotel and Conference Center located across the street. We are attached to the mall which is a wonderful convenience; however, I will continue to review the signage around the perimeter of the mall to ensure we are clearly marked. We want all of our guests to have a perfect arrival experience. It is most concerning to me that you were misinformed about our dining options on the evening of your stay. Our Nox Creek Southern Grill located on the second floor is open for breakfast only. Dinner and lunch are served in the Nox Creek Lounge on the first floor with a full array of chef-crafted items available. I will personally follow up with our front office team to ensure all associates are aware. I do hope you will choose to visit us again and will plan to enjoy a wondeful dining experience.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

My experience at J.W. Marriott started as a pleasant experience and has ended as a customer service nightmare that I have only previously read about online. I traveled to Atlanta in a vehicle that I had just purchased 3 weeks prior and had 1,500 miles on it as I pulled into the hotel. I was excited about my trip as I had custom ordered this vehicle after just selling my previous car that was 10 years old and had 250,000 miles on it. I had waited 6 weeks to receive my custom order and was excited about my first road trip in my first new car. Against my better judgment, I decided to valet my vehicle the first night of my stay. The next morning as I entered my vehicle, I noticed a large, blue ink stain in the middle of my light colored seat as well as the lumbar section that was obviously made by a careless valet. I stayed somewhat calm initially as EVERYONE that I spoke with promised to “take care of it”. I later found out that my definition of “take care of it” differed from theirs. After returning home, I called to discuss the incident as well as the VALET CHARGE (yes – they actually charged me!). After not returning my phone calls for 4 days, they told me to take it to my dealer (an hour from my home) and send them the bill. I called the dealer and they said all they could do is use hairspray, which I decided to try. Fortunately, I was able to remove the ink stain, but the hairspray discolored the seat and left what appeared to be a permanent wet spot on the seat as well as deteriorated the leather. I called back and informed them that I would like to have the seat recovered. After another 4 days of waiting on a returned phone call, they denied my claim and offered to have my car cleaned. Wow….how generous of them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you want to be in Buckhead for a reasonable price, this is a great place to stay. Hotel has a modern business traveler feel, but that was ok even though I was there for leisure. Staff were friendly, room was clean. Room had a nice view of downtown Atlanta. Room didn't have a lot of character, and bathroom looked a little dated (dark green faux marble), but it was clean and did the trick. I had room service a couple of times, and it was good.

The location was the best part! It's attached to Lenox Square Mall and is across the street from a Houston's. It was also within a few minutes' drive of all that Buckhead has to offer. In a low traffic time, it was only about 20 minutes from ATL.

One small complaint I had was how difficult it was to enter the darn hotel driveway! Since the hotel is sort of in an odd location behind a mall, there's a lot of walls, parking lots, driveways, one-ways, etc., so it's hard a little hard to get in and out of.

Regardless, I give this hotel a solid rating, and, if I had to come to Atlanta, I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: You can hear the MARTA train a little if you're on a lower south facing floor like I was. It di...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and review. I am happy you found our location convenient for your needs and appreciate the feedback. I am sorry that you had difficulties locating the hotel and will be sure to take a second look at the signage around the mall perimeter directing our guests to the hotel. You can be certain that I will take your comments regarding the guest room into consideration during our next guest room reinvention. Thank you for letting us know. Hope to see you again soon.
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay this past weekend at the J.W. Marriott. I would like to thank the GM Mike Giamundo and Pam for making my recent stay possible. Whenever my travels bring me to Atlanta the J.W. will be my first choice based off stellar guest service alone. I was checked-in by Dionne who was professional, pleasant and made the process a breeze. I like the smell of this hotel, not sure if it is a mild air freshener they are using but it is a subtle pleasing scent. The room was spacious and nicely decorated with modern amenities and an amazingly plush king-size bed (I slept like a baby). The bathroom was very spacious and nicely decorated as well. I was on the 16th floor which had a stellar view of Buckhead and downtown Atlanta. This hotel is connected to Lenox Mall which I love because I was able to do a little shopping and grab a bite to eat without going outside. There is also a Jacuzzi and indoor pool which was awesome to visit after a day of sightseeing. I also liked how housekeeping took initiative to deliver clean towels before my check-out without me requesting. The small things go a long way. I requested room service for breakfast and it was delivered early, hot and was delicious. What a refreshing way to start the day overlooking the city with a cup of hot chocolate. The only thing I would suggest is to add grits to the room service breakfast menu. The fire alarm went off during my stay and I had to start down the stairs but luckily it was a false alarm and my slumber in the luxurious King bed continued. Hey, at least I'm familiar with the exit plan for my next stay(Safety 1st: where ever you are, review your exit plan folks). I didn't get a chance to partake but the bar looks amazing and looks like a great place to have a cocktail and was not loud or distracting at all. The floor I was on was very quiet as well. The elevators are fast and I never had to wait a long time. I can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room facing downtown Atlanta or Buckhead.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Wow – thank you for your stellar comments and kudos. It was our pleasure to help make your stay an exceptional one. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff and especially Pam and Dionne. I do apologize for the alarm but am glad you recognize that safety is our number one priority. I am happy you were able to return to your peaceful slumber without too much trouble. Pam and I will look forward to your return and will have a cup of hot chocolate ready for you. I bet we can find some grits as well!
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I spent just one evening but enjoyed the views and meal service during my stay. The hotel did suffer a false fire alarm in the middle of the night which was unfortunate. The management did their best to handle the situation well and to ensure guest comfort and safety which I appreciate. The meeting space was comfortable and the conference food was above par for my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely plan another meeting in this venue. I recommend a low floor though just in case of the fire alarm.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments for your stay. I am glad to know you enjoyed your guest room view and meal service during your meeting. I am sorry that the alarm went off during your visit but glad to learn you felt it was handled professionally by our team. The safety of our guests is our number one priority but our next greatest mission is for our guests to enjoy a comfortable and peaceful stay. I thank you for recognizing this and look forward to your return.
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Enjoyed the room, big and spacious.
Hotel is literally in the mall so lots to do and shopping in walking distance.
Restuarant in lobby had terrific options and was extremely crowded which was a positive.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thanks for your post and nice comments. I’m glad you enjoyed our dining options and our convenient location. I hope you will plan to visit us again soon.

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!