“First time at a JW” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, IL
“First time at a JW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was my first stay at a JW Marriott property, and I didn't regret it! If you find yourself in Buckhead, JW is a nice choice given the price point and value. For a little under $200 a night, you have a top notch property with excellent service.

You don't have to valet park, save yourself some bucks. There is a parking garage next to the hotel that charges $22 a night. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby, so that's always a plus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We enjoy welcoming our first-time guests to the JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead. Thank you for taking the time to post your nice comments following your visit. We are so glad to know you felt we have a top notch property and provided excellent service. Our goal is to make you want to visit again and I do hope you will return for your second visit soon.

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Great location. Marta station across the street so easy access from ATL airport. Next door to Lenox Mall which has awesome shopping. Hotel employees were very helpful and VERY positive attitudes. Everyone was smiling and attentive. Beds were very comfortable too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for commenting about your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that you loved the hotel. We have a great team that really enjoys providing personalized service to each guest. I hope you will return for another restful nights sleep in our comfortable beds.
Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just got back from the Marriott at bunk head. Wow what a wedding. The hotel was top notch, everything was perfect. The Marriott arrange everything perfectly. My wife and myself had a king size bed, which was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was spotless.

• Stayed October 2013
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I am so happy you enjoyed the wedding and your accommodations! Perhaps you will visit us again whether to attend a wedding or whenever your travels bring you to Atlanta. Our hotel is a very popular venue for weddings or any other social occasion. We also have one of the best catering teams to assist with all the planning details. Hope to see you soon.
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed a two-night stay at the JW Marriott Buckhead while in town for a friend's wedding. First off, full disclosure -- I'm a self-professed Marriott snob and look for its brands whenever I travel, in large part to load up my Marriott Rewards account. I'd never stayed in a Marriott brand above its namesake (usually at Courtyard or SpringHill Suites locations), so I didn't quite know what the difference would be. Here's what I found:

Unmatched sleeping experience: The bedding was the best I'd ever encountered for a Marriott brand. You had foam and feather pillows to choose from, and the mattress was soft yet supportive. You could draw the drapes completely closed to create pitch-black darkness, even at 11 a.m. in a room with huge windows facing the sun. And even on the seventh floor, with the soundproof windows, the normal hum of Lenox Road and Lenox Square Mall didn't register a decibel.

Amazing shower: The water was instant-hot and plentiful and the tub was elongated so my wife could stretch out for a bath after a long day of travel from the West Coast. The fixtures and appointments were high-quality as well, exactly what you'd expect from a luxury hotel.

Beautiful, happening public spaces: The lobby bar was well-appointed and lots of fun the Saturday night we were there, with a diverse mix of groups (from LSU and Georgia football fans to fishing groups, family reunions, etc.) and a nice menu of bar bites available into the later hours. It was nice to be able to have fun and just take the elevator up to our room (vs. fighting for a parking spot to check out a Midtown or Highlands hotspot).

Helpful staff: Even though we checked in at 1:30 a.m. the night we arrived, the front-desk staff checked us in swiftly and delivered our bags promptly to our room. They even delivered wedding clothes to our room that friends had dropped off hours before.

Great location: If shopping's your thing, it's hard to beat Lenox Square Mall (Phipps Plaza may be nice, but you might actually be able to afford something at Lenox). This hotel has a connection directly into the mall. No navigating the crazy parking lots and parking decks (and while we were there, rampant construction). I believe there's a MARTA train stop adjacent to the hotel, too (we didn't take advantage of that). And you're near Buckhead, which has amazing restaurants and a great breakfast/brunch spot I found on Yelp (Joy Cafe on Pharr Road).

Price: Without a doubt, this is a business-oriented hotel. It caters to travelers with expense accounts, but we scored a AAA weekend rate of $220/night. Still a lot relatively speaking, but for a special occasion (a wedding and the tail end of our own honeymoon) it was well worth the cost.

Along that same vein, I wasn't thrilled having to pay a la carte for in-room Wi-Fi, and the $22/night self-parking option is excessive, but for the most part that's reality when staying with a luxury brand. Marriott periodically promotes weekend rates that include Internet and parking, and they're worth seeking out.

The JW is a luxury address within Atlanta's luxury destination. You get what you pay for, and it's worth every penny (just look for those weekend specials if you're not traveling for business).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful comments. The JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead actually has a motto professing that we are the “approachable luxury experience finely crafted in today’s genuine Buckhead style”. It sounds as though you described everything we strive to live up to each day. During the weekdays we do cater to a large volume of business travelers but we also have some amazing weekend packages and shopping packages for those coming to Atlanta to experience the city sites so be sure to watch for them. Business or pleasure -- we want you to have a luxury experience and leave with pleasant memories.
Chappaqua, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was my first time staying at this property and will probably stay again. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the room spacious and clean. Its connected to the mall which is great if you need to pop in for something or to stroll around and window shop. Plenty of places nearby to eat, meet, etc.

I stayed on the concierge floor and stopped in quickly for a bottled water at the concierge lounge at breakfast and it seemed fully stocked and comfortable, too. Didn't get a chance to hit the gym and didn't eat or visit the lounge (was Family Weekend at Georgia Tech) but the lobby bar seemed very comfortable and a nice place to relax with a cocktail and watch a game. There is also a mini-Starbucks in the lobby.

Room Tip: My Marriott profile requests a room away from the elevator and a high room, this room was particular...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent visit and sharing your comments. I am happy you found our staff friendly and accommodating and your guest room spacious and clean. We are very fortunate to be in a premier location with access to Lenox Square Mall and many of the Atlanta restaurants and entertainment venues. I am sorry you did not get a chance for a workout or time to relax in Nox Creek Lounge. We have received many compliments on our state-of-the-art fitness equipment and have just re-invented our locker room and in-door pool facilities. Perhaps you can plan a nice weekend visit just to unwind and pamper yourself.
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I cannot think of how we could be treated any better! Upon check-in, all our requested items for our infant daughter (crib, microwave and mini-fridge) are all ready in the room. The 23rd floor room has a nice view of Atlanta downtown skyline.

Valet and bellman always addressed us by Mr. / Mrs. + our last name --- I wonder how they did it with so many guests in the hotel. Staff in Concierge Lounge were very helpful; and their food and wine were excellent.

I wish we could try their pool as well -- it was closed during our stay there. We stayed in the hotel for four nights, and really enjoyed this place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments. We strive to anticipate our guest’s needs so they can truly be free to enjoy themselves while visiting. We have a wonderful bell staff that I am truly proud of and I too am amazed at how they so often remember our guest’s names. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and left with some wonderful memories. I do hope you will come back soon to experience our re-invented pool and locker rooms.
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I got out of my cab from ATL. The bell hop simultaneously opened the door, grabbed my luggage and radioed my name to the front desk. 45 seconds later I walked in the front lobby and a front desk person was standing there with my room key. Another employee gave me a glass of peach iced tea and I was in the elevator heading up to my room 1 minute later. That level of service is something I haven't experienced even in 5 star hotels- it was great! I had dinner plans at a restaurant that evening and the great service continued as I took the free hotel shuttle (actually a nice SUV...not a cheesy bus). The driver was very pleasant and gave me his mobile # to pick me up later in the evening.
Other than that, the hotel is beautiful, clean, and the rooms are great. The bathroom was huge with both stall shower and tub. View of the mall...nothing exciting there. But wait- THE MALL! You can enter Lenox mall through a door in the hotel lobby and great shopping awaits just up the escalator.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
I am thrilled to learn of your wonderful check in experience. It is comforting to know that we have exceeded your expectations with our service levels. Thank you for letting us know. We do have quite a few rooms with a spectacular view of the Atlanta Skyline so the next time you visit, please check to see if these rooms might be available. Pleasae come back to visit soon.

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!