“Lovely trip!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a lovely stay in Atlanta. The hotel was convenient for all of our needs. (Quick visit and tour some historic sites.) It is actually connected by an indoor walkway to the Buckhead Mall. Great shopping. The staff was very friendly. They greeted us with a cold iced beverage, which was wonderful as it was very hot outside. Check-in and out were a breeze. We needed a few extra towels and the guest services person was very helpful and funny. Kids thought he was great. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mike_Giamundo, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your nice comments. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be so convenient for all of your needs and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We are fortunate to have such a genuine staff that truly cares about our guests. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel again soon.

517 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I arrived in Atlanta with my daughter on July 5th, took a cab to the JW Marriott as instructed be the car rental agent. Pulled out my ID. credit card, insurance, AARP & AAA card. They didn't except the credit card, wanted a electric bill (or cable) and the other card I had didn't have my name on it. (I had just purchased it) To make a long story shorter I went to the front desk asked where the closest drug store was, they not only told me but gave me a limo to take me & bring me back. Made me feel at home , gave me comfort in a stressful situation. My partner got there 4hrs later he got the car and we were off to the girl's AAU basketball tournament. On the 8th we returned. JW's employee greeted us with open arms, stored our luggage, and made us feel home once again for 6hrs till our train to Philadelphia. Thank You so very much to the Staff and Management. Hug and Kisses to all. We weren't guess, but were treated like family!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent post. I was delighted to know that we were able to help you out in a time of need and gave you comfort in a stressful situation. It gives me great comfort knowing that our associates will go the “extra mile”. Look forward to your next visit.
Lexington, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed on 21st floor. Room was at the end of the corridor and very quiet. Staying for the first time, self parking and finding your way to the registration office is a bit confusing. The room was very nicely arranged with two closets. Both a tub and a shower. The shower was very small but had good water pressure and a good shower head. The view was OK, not a great view but not that bad either. Only one regular coffee pack and one decaf provided each day. If you are staying as a couple and both drink one or the other you have to have to constantly ask for more coffee. I wouldn't expect this of a place like a J.W. Marriott. Overall, it was a nice stay and once you ask for something like coffee, extra cream, etc. they are provided in a relatively short period of time so overall the service provided by the staff was very responsive and polite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ebrahima M, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I'm delighted that overall you enjoyed your visit and found the staff and service very responsive. I am sorry that you had a rough start finding your way from the self-parking to the registration desk. I will take a second look at our signage in the garage and see if there is something further we can do to simplify the directions for our future guests. I understand how frustrating it might be to have two coffee drinkers and only one packet of coffee in your guest room. I myself need two cups in the morning to get going. I will follow up with our Housekeeping team to be sure we are providing the proper amount as they are refreshing the rooms. Thanks for letting us know. We hope you return soon -- we’ll have the coffee waiting!
Cohutta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently visited Atlanta and booked a room at the JW Marriott. Everything was perfect from check in to check out. The hotel staff went above and beyond to ensure I was taken care of. Fantastic view of the city of Atlanta from my room. The bartenders were great and the service was superb Oh, and did I mention the hotel is attached to the greatest shopping mall in the southeast? Lenox Square. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. I cant wait to go back. Thank you to the Management and entire hotel staff for making it a memorable stay.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your “perfect” comments. We strive to provide our guests with a great arrival experience and flawless service and always hope our guests will depart with only pleasant memories. It is reassuring to learn we exceeded your expectations. We are so fortunate to be attached to Lenox Square Shopping Mall and hope you will hurry back to do some shopping!
Phenix City, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night at the end of June and had a wonderful stay. I can't say anything bad about this hotel, it was simply amazing. We had a city view from the 21st floor. The room was amazing with that view, and I didn't want to get out of the luxurious bedding. The pool was really nice, though, I would have liked it to be outdoors, it was very quiet with no screaming, rambunctious kids running around. I love being able to call down and having our vehicle waiting for us at the door. We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Book the City View room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent post and wonderful comments. I am so happy to hear that you had an amazing stay. During the rainy days and winter days, we are fortunate to have an indoor pool that our guests can enjoy. Next time your travels bring you to Atlanta, let us know if you would enjoy an outdoor swim and we can make arrangements for you to visit one of our sister hotels so that you can enjoy the Atlanta sunshine. Glad to know you will be visiting us again.
Cartersville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised when my hubby had to go to a meeting and this is where they put us .. The hotel was very clean and quite.. We went down to the pool and hot tub and we were the only ones using it and it was so nice... The staff was friendly and very helpful ...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your nice comments and letting us know the staff was friendly and helpful during your visit. I am pleased you enjoyed our pool and hot tub without distractions. I myself find it very relaxing to have a nice swim or soak in the hot tub when traveling. We hope you will be able to visit us again the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My sister and I drove to ATL for an art exhibit at the High Museum and to do some shopping at Lenox Square Mall. Our reservation was butchered, and we were stuck with a single king rather than the two double beds we booked. The hotel was supposedly full, and we had a non-refundable reservation so we could not get a refund to stay elsewhere. Our only option from our 19 year old clerk was to upgrade FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE just to add a fold out bed which was very uncomfortable. The room was overpriced, out of date in décor offered no HDTV and charged $15/night Internet. Valet parking was another $25/night, and I have never seen a $300 a night hotel where there was no mini-bar, refrigerator or microwave. The room safe did not work and the breakfast buffet which was factored into our "package" was mediocre at best.

I usually stay at the Omni when I travel, and have never stayed at a so-called flagship Marriot JW Hotel before. My sister tells me this property used to be MUCH better, but since no effort was made by the desk clerk to make good on their reservation error, I will never stay at a JW Marriot property again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere cheaper with more amenities. This hotel offers none.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Please accept my sincere apology for the reservation mix up. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with you at your convenience so that I can look into the situation and find a way to resolve this to your satisfaction. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!