“Convenient location, wonderful bed” 4 of 5 stars

Summer Rates from $149
Ranked #29 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham, AL
“Convenient location, wonderful bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night recently. Great location, convenient to Buckhead shopping & dining. Very friendly staff and awesome bedding! The only negative is with the number of towels provided in the bathroom. For the two of us, we had two bath towels and only one wash cloth. Nice bath soap but no hair dryer or coffee maker.

In spite of the slight negatives, I would stay here again if I needed to be right in the middle of Lenox & Phipps in Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Good afternoon.
Thank you for sharing your experience with me regarding your recent stay. We are blessed to have a wonderful staff. Please accept my apologies if your room did not have a hair dryer and coffee maker as these are standard items in all guest rooms. I'll follow up with our Director of Services to insure that these items are in each room as well as the proper number of wash clothes and towels. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Isle of Palms, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at this gorgeous hotel recently while visiting Atlanta for a Braves game and, of course, for shopping (you can walk indoors to huge Lenox Square from this hotel). Our room was immaculate and beautifully furnished and equipped, but the thing that really stood out was the staff. Every single employee we encountered was friendly and helpful, and seemed determined to help us have a terrific stay. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We were on a high floor, facing towards downtown Atlanta, away from the entrance. It was extremely q...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recognizing our staff for their service during your recent stay. I am blessed to have so many dedicated associates that love providing outstanding service to our guests. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get to a Braves game and do some shopping in the Lenox Mall which is connected to our hotel. It's a great way to spend a few days while in Atlanta. We look forward to having you return again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I came in for one night. The hotel lobby and rooms are lovely and well appointed. Up to the standard I would expect.

The customer service was outstanding:

-Valet was super quick and friendly when leaving and picking up you car.
-Front desk was also friendly and made sure all of our requests were taken care of. We had requested a high floor and early check in. Both were no problem.
-Concierge is the best! They can answer any question you throw at them.

We loved being connected to the mall.

Few tips:

-ask for a room that is not near the elevators. Thus minimizes the noise in your room.
-get the package that includes valet, breakfast, room and a credit for dinner. Valet alone makes this a steal.
-beverage machines are located in the connector walk to the mall $1.50 per bottle....much cheaper than the hotel.

Overall we LOVED this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for commenting about your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that you loved the hotel. We have a great team that really enjoys providing personalized service to each guest. I think our concierge's are among the best in Buckhead and will pass along your comments regarding their service. Your tips are spot on. We have several packages that provide great value to choose from. Several of them include valet parking and breakfast so I'm confident that we have something for everyone. I hope you and your sister will visit again soon.
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I am glad we finally got to have a meeting in hotel that is the epitome of elegance and service. The rooms, the fitness equipment, the catered meals, the staff all top line. My room had a wonderful view of the ATL skyline, and being attached to Lenox Square is always a plus. Our catered buffet lunches were superb, and the staff attached to our meetings were very amenable. We typically stay closer to the airport, but I am so very happy we came to Buckhead. I ate downstairs at the bar one night, and only OK food, but being as this hotel is so close to really good restaurants, it is not important to eat there, anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My son and came to Atlanta for our annual trip to see the Braves. We stayed at the JW a few years ago. Although the hotel was nice, the experience was just ok. The room was nice but had the old style TV. Room service was slow, staff ok. The only thing that was great was being next door to the Lenox Mall. Last year we stayed at at the Omni but decided this year to give the JW another try. I'm so glad I did. It was a completly different experience from our previous stay. The staff was genuinely helpful and concerned. After checking in (10am) I left the front desk thinking I remembered where to go to get to the room. I saw a security person and asked her. She was so helpful. She went on the elevator with us, took us to our room,made sure our keys worked and if the room met our standards. I have never received service like this. The security person's name is Gwen Rankin. She gave us her card and told us if we need anything to contact her. The room was very nice and had the flat screen TV that we come to expect from a high class hotel. My son and I had plans the next day and wanted room service. We thought we had to get up at 6am to place our order so that could get to our destiation on time. Well we woke up late and was going to change our plans. I called room service and they told me they will be there in 30 mins or less. I was pleasantly surprised. Our previous experience with room service, it took them almost 2 hrs to bring our food. Needless to say my son and I were able to keep our plans. After this trip it was decided that if I'm able to get the great Government rate as I did this trip, the JW will be our hotel whenever we visit Atlanta.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed 1 night in late May with a group of colleagues for an event we hosted at the hotel. Our experience was SO uneven that I'm rating down the middle as a sort of compromise. It seems that some rooms might have been renovated, and others not, but my room was great and spotless.

Hotel staff was spectacular to begin with, both for guest services and from the banquet/event side. But when our event attendees turned out to be parking at the mall next door, the hotel staff acted like this had never happened before and they didn't anticipate it, which strikes me as unlikely. It seems like they should have known it could be an issue and have warned us. Drama ensued. Then, the event and a/v staff we had met had left for the day when all heck broke loose with the equipment just as our event started. The teenage "tech" they had left onsite was sweet and well-intentioned but totally out of his depth.

The hotel discounted almost all the event rental costs and bought us drinks, but it can't undo the negative experience our guests had at the event. If you're just looking for a room, I think it would be great, but if you're considering an event here, caveat emptor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for recognizing the spectacular staff we have at the hotel. The hotel recently underwent a full room’s renovation which has received numerous positive comments from our guests. I'd like to offer my deepest apologies for the parking and audio visual challenges you and your fellow attendees encountered. I am disappointed to hear that we did not handle both situations appropriately and assure you that I will personally discuss your comments with our team to prevent this from happening again in the future. We strive to deliver the highest level of service to every guest to insure there are no surprises. I invite you to give us another chance to show you that we can host your next meeting flawlessly and am confident that the experience will much better.
east greenwich, rhode island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful rooms and very accommodating hotel staff. Bed was not comfortable as typical JWMarriott and air conditioning was spotty-- either too hold or not cold enough. But, would return. Dinner at Nob Creek restaurant was interesting. Private function for our group but spotty less than stellar service.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Giamundo, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Good afternoon. I appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and guest rooms but was disappointed to hear about some of the inconsistencies you encountered. Please accept my sincere apologies for those challenges. I have shared your review with our staff so that we can benefit from your comments and focus on providing an outstanding experience. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta.

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!