“Definitely A Keeper!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Apex, North Carolina
“Definitely A Keeper!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just stayed in this hotel for 3 nights on a counselor tour. My first time in Atlanta! The MARTA transit subway station is right across the street! I arrived early and had a few hours to kill, so I easily found the entrance to the adjoining mall and went for a walk. What a nice mall! It reminded me of one we have at home that I never have time to visit! Urban Outfitters was especially fun and I found myself in there a second time later on! California Pizza Kitchen was a great choice for lunch, and make sure to have a Cloud 9 cupcake if you go. It was featured on the Food Network for a good reason! The hotel itself was beautiful! I stayed in a 2 queen room with another counselor I'd just met. Very comfortable beds, amazingly soft duvet, and 4 pillows all to myself! Ice vending on every floor, BUT no vending machines. You have to go down to the front desk and pay movie theater prices for any drink or snack. Also, while our tour covered our internet access in the rooms, I had already noticed the 12.95/day cost. Ouch! Throughout our stay, I noticed a lot of hotel patrons in the lobby on their laptops, the one place it was free. Room, bathroom and closet roomy enough for two people who just met. And the closet had a room safe that I locked my laptop in each day before we went out! Cool! All in all, great place to stay and when I go back, I will defnitely consider this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Friendly staff. Room was extremely clean and mattresses were comfy.

I stayed here on business 5 nights. I rented a car at the airport, but Hertz is on site and the MARTA station is right next door for those who want to avoid the Atlanta traffic back and forth.

Ate room service, the buffet breakfast, and the lounge. All three options were great, and as expected, pricey. There are less expensive options in the office complex/mall which is attached which makes this a very convenient place to stay.

Had a high floor with a great view of the Atlanta skyline.

#1 choice when I'm in Atlanta on business.

Fayetteville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Everything about this hotel was great...other than getting charged for internet unless sitting in the lobby. Very nice location, being connected to the mall. Gives you many options for dining without having to get into your car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Recently spent one night on business at the JW Marriott in Buckhead. Location was nice, close toa very nice mall. Entrance was classy, staff was gracious and incredibly helpful. I felt like royalty. Greeted me by name and had my reservation pulled up by the time I hit the front desk. Room was updated, clean and very spacious (executive king). The bed was very comfortable and was feather free as requested during the reservation process. Room service was OK, nothing to write home about. The only negative was the low shower water pressure. Like showering under a low pressure lawn sprinkler - not sure if it was a hotel wide issue, or timing..if I were staying another day I would have requested maintenance to look into it. All in all, not a big deal. Would definitely stay here again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Attended a large international Training Summit here last week.
Good food with a Southern twist, which was lovely to see rather than standard hotel fare.
Extremely pleasant staff: very helpful and smiling even for example at an early breakfast.
Lovely spacious quiet pool.
Beds extremely comfortable.
Meeting for almost 300 people seemed to go off without a hitch.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Very nice warm feeling place to stay, With mall attached to hotel. Pricing was a bit high but for the area it was par. Upon arriving the valet greeted us with a pleasent welcome. The front desk was quick and helpful pointing out the lay of the hotel. Everything is with in walking distant of the hotel. The room was clean a quite with a view of Downtown and busy rail line. We had some freinds meet us in the downstairs lounge. When we arrived they had already ordered a bottle of wine. The service was nice and not a constant bother. The bartenders hand pour so you get a generious pour for your night cap. We will be back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Trujillo, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I arrived from S.F. for the weekend and from the moment I walked in the service was wonderful. I arrived in a very early cold morning @ 6:30AM from a overnight fly. Immediately, they gave a very comfortable room. They staff is very friendly and helpful - when I asked them for something, they would stop doing whatever they were doing and walked with me to help me with my request. They don't have a restaurant but they are next to the Lenox Square Mall - and you can have all the choices of restaurants. I highly recommend it for business and pleasure.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!