“very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Very nice, especially for business. Great location, close to everything. I thought the lobby was especially well done - lots of smaller quiet spaces to meet/work. We are Platinum Members and had the pleasure of enjoying the concierge lounge. Its impressive - great selections and the two attendants that we met (Vicenta in the a.m. and Hanna in the evening) were delightful and couldn't have been more helpful. Jamal, the concierge, also deserves mention as he helped us find a driver for an event (on rather short notice) while we were here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed for the weekend of Valentine's Day & this property was more than what i expected. Yolanda & Denise at the Front Desk were very helpful! The bartender, do not remember his name, but he was midage/hispanic...VERY HELPFUL and made signature drinks and gave great recommendations. Location is PERFECT, right next to Lenox Square! I had a room with a beautiful view of downt town Atlanta.

Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my husband went for his birthday for one night and the front desk staff was very polite and helpful. I would say the lobby is not so good its nice but just small and not as grand as you would think. But they made resvertions for us to eat at fish market and they drove us there in a nice truck. Lenox mall is added in the hotel and its a great entrance there.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a suite but its not really needed
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Get ready for a chance to experience service that you would only hope to get at a property that may cost twice as much. We stayed only one night. After the service we received, I want to come back and do it all over again.

Here's the deal... just ask. What ever "it" may be... just ask. The people at the front desk and at the concierge stand are insisting that they assist you the moment they see you. It's genuine. It's not rushed. It is almost like they are each innkeepers and they live in the house out back.

Two superstar employees we met were Clayton at the front desk and Kristina at the bar. Clayton sped us through the check in process and answered all of my questions. Clayton informed us of a hotel shuttle that will take you anywhere within a two mile radius of the hotel. That is perfect for the Buckhead restaurants and non-mall shopping. Kristina was funny and energetic. She made our group feel welcome and well taken care of. Her smile was contagious.

The room was super clean, well furnished and the bed was very comfortable. I recommend the more spacious corner room because the views are great and the extra space is nice.

This hotel will be my recommended place to stay for everyone I know traveling through Atlanta from now on.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the farthest from the elevators and ice machines. It is a busy hotel every day of...
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed during Valentine's Week-end. We had not been there since they remodeled and the updates look great. I must admit, I prefer Marriott chains so they are always my first preference.
When I entered the lobby, there was a line of folks to greet me and direct me to the front desk. Everyone from the bellman, to the parking valet, to the front desk attendant made an effort to know and use my name versus the standard sir.
We enjoyed being connected to the mall and made use of a Valentine package they offered. The rooms were well decorated, with a decent bathroom that included a separate shower and tub. The shower head was the large head shower, which is always a plus.
Overall, the service is what makes or breaks any hotel. At this price point, they all offer similar room environments and the service was exceptional. My only caveat is that I think like anything, the focus on service involves when they anticipate large arrivals. That is, when there are slow times, you may not experience the same type of greeting that you would when you arrive on a day and time that many people check in. That said, I completely enjoyed the stay. The location is wonderful as it's near a nice mall and many restaurants and not far from the Interstate. I will stay again next time I am in Atlanta.

Room Tip: I chose a corner room. Those to me offer space from hall traffic and we were not disturbed by stree...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

From the moment we pulled into the hotel, tired from a long stressful week...The entire staff (cheerful and professional) worked overtime to make it a peaceful relaxing time for my wife and I. The room service that evening was prompt and breakfast the next morning was terrific! Sanusi our waiter was impeccible, and the chef Biswah was friendly and his food magnificent! The location provided easy access to Lennox Mall and a very pleasant shopping experience. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 19th floor and above provide a terrific view.
Taylors, South Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel. Staff was very friendly. Good food served at our conference. Excellent location. Concierge gave us a lunch recommendation that was so good we went back for dinner the same night. I would put this hotel right up there with the Ritz around the corner.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to JW Marriott Atlanta Buckhead? Share your experiences!