“great location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, Georgia
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my husband went for his birthday for one night and the front desk staff was very polite and helpful. I would say the lobby is not so good its nice but just small and not as grand as you would think. But they made resvertions for us to eat at fish market and they drove us there in a nice truck. Lenox mall is added in the hotel and its a great entrance there.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a suite but its not really needed

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Get ready for a chance to experience service that you would only hope to get at a property that may cost twice as much. We stayed only one night. After the service we received, I want to come back and do it all over again.

Here's the deal... just ask. What ever "it" may be... just ask. The people at the front desk and at the concierge stand are insisting that they assist you the moment they see you. It's genuine. It's not rushed. It is almost like they are each innkeepers and they live in the house out back.

Two superstar employees we met were Clayton at the front desk and Kristina at the bar. Clayton sped us through the check in process and answered all of my questions. Clayton informed us of a hotel shuttle that will take you anywhere within a two mile radius of the hotel. That is perfect for the Buckhead restaurants and non-mall shopping. Kristina was funny and energetic. She made our group feel welcome and well taken care of. Her smile was contagious.

The room was super clean, well furnished and the bed was very comfortable. I recommend the more spacious corner room because the views are great and the extra space is nice.

This hotel will be my recommended place to stay for everyone I know traveling through Atlanta from now on.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the farthest from the elevators and ice machines. It is a busy hotel every day of...
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed during Valentine's Week-end. We had not been there since they remodeled and the updates look great. I must admit, I prefer Marriott chains so they are always my first preference.
When I entered the lobby, there was a line of folks to greet me and direct me to the front desk. Everyone from the bellman, to the parking valet, to the front desk attendant made an effort to know and use my name versus the standard sir.
We enjoyed being connected to the mall and made use of a Valentine package they offered. The rooms were well decorated, with a decent bathroom that included a separate shower and tub. The shower head was the large head shower, which is always a plus.
Overall, the service is what makes or breaks any hotel. At this price point, they all offer similar room environments and the service was exceptional. My only caveat is that I think like anything, the focus on service involves when they anticipate large arrivals. That is, when there are slow times, you may not experience the same type of greeting that you would when you arrive on a day and time that many people check in. That said, I completely enjoyed the stay. The location is wonderful as it's near a nice mall and many restaurants and not far from the Interstate. I will stay again next time I am in Atlanta.

Room Tip: I chose a corner room. Those to me offer space from hall traffic and we were not disturbed by stree...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

From the moment we pulled into the hotel, tired from a long stressful week...The entire staff (cheerful and professional) worked overtime to make it a peaceful relaxing time for my wife and I. The room service that evening was prompt and breakfast the next morning was terrific! Sanusi our waiter was impeccible, and the chef Biswah was friendly and his food magnificent! The location provided easy access to Lennox Mall and a very pleasant shopping experience. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 19th floor and above provide a terrific view.
Taylors, South Carolina, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Fantastic hotel. Staff was very friendly. Good food served at our conference. Excellent location. Concierge gave us a lunch recommendation that was so good we went back for dinner the same night. I would put this hotel right up there with the Ritz around the corner.

• Stayed February 2013
Chattanooga, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Took my wife for a birthday weekend to Atlanta. Enjoyed eating at her favorite Atlanta restaurant, Cheesecake Factory, and spent many hours shopping at Lennox Square Mall. We chose the JW Marriott because of our great experience at the San Antonio JW Marriott. Though the hotel was nice for the most part, they were missing in a few areas that would be very simple to fix. First, the tv programing is very confusing. We ended up paying $5.39 including tax for a 30 minute episode of Family Guy by accident because we had problems figuring out how to get to the normal telecast area. The second, which is standard at MOST economy hotels is not standard at this place. Two days before this I stayed at a $99 a night Embassy Suites and had a rather large mini-fridge. Here we paid $200 and had NO REFRIGERATOR. This simple, standard amenity in most hotels today was missing. And our wonderful barely touched dessert, which we could not eat after our meal from being too full, went to the waste basket due to no way of keeping it from spoiling.

The staff was friendly, and being connected to the mall was definitely a benefit since it was cold and raining outside. The room was spacious and comfortable with a great view of downtown Atlanta in the distance.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor with a view of the downtown area.
Newbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Room was great, clean and everything you'd expect – Hotel facilities in bar , restaurant , shop all great ... Valet team outside very friendly but that’s where it stops - I have never stayed in a hotel where no one smiles or is friendly . Not one person from reception, to the bar, to the housekeeping smiled – it felt like intruding in someones house ! I have no idea if something had happened in the hotel as it was quite a surprise for a JW Marriott team to be so sullen. It got to the point I dreaded speaking to reception and did it over the phone as over my 5 day stay it was starting to grate. Had I not paid upfront through BA.com - I would have checked out. A perfect example that summed up the staff attitude was with something as dull as dry cleaning - I put some items in Day one - for next day return - Day 3 still not arrived - i chanced reception ( sadly in person ! ) to be told to see if concierge had it . Asked concierge , no response - she walked off returned with some hangers , Asked my name - went to hand it to me and said they hadn’t had chance to deliver it – although a day late .... I kindly asked them to send it to the room as I was off out. Hugely disappointing. Bad enough for one night - but 5 was draining.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room as they are bigger .
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!