“Service was impeccable” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Service was impeccable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here to celebrate my mom's birthday. The location is excellent, right in Buckhead and attached to Lenox Mall, one of my favorite mall's ever, and close to great shopping, restaurants and activities. The rooms are nice, just like all Marriott hotels. But, the real stand-out here is the service. They left a baloon, some chocolates and a hand-signed card from the staff for my mom's birthday, and several staff members remembered her from check-in and wished her a happy birthday as we came and went. Truly attentive and caring service.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the city if possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is a good hotel at the upper end of the business travel market. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. It is very convenient for a major shopping centre which has several high end department store anchors as well as a fair scattering of designer shops.
The rooms are nice with all the standard amenities. There was just one thing that was wrong and it is not a fault of this hotel alone. During the night the guests in the next room arrived back in and conducted a very loud conversation. The sound proofing between the rooms was non existent. I am sure this hotel was built during the 70's or the 80's and has since been refurbished, at this stage the sound proofing should have been improved. There are always communicating doors between bedrooms in this type of hotel and I wonder how often these are actually used.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were recommended to the Buckhead area by reading Trip advisor reviews of Atlanta, and knowing the JW brand we were confident of a good stay..we stopped here 2 nights, a high room, facing the city skyline..large room, big bathroom, classy decor, quiet corridors ..nice bar, good restaurant and my wife & daughter shopped in the Lenox Mall adjacent to the hotel all the time ! We were very pleased with the staff service, location and quality of this place and would stay here again whenever in Atlanta ..well recommended ..

Room Tip: High level rear facing
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Franklin, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great location adjoining the upscale Lenox Mall. This is an expensive hotel but we were able to get a great 6th floor, king size room for $85 on Priceline. That's a real value at this quality hotel. One thing to keep in mind, parking is $20 per day! Other than that a great hotel with all the amenities.

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The JW Marriott Hotel in Buckhead is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in. The hotel was super clean, the staff incredibly friendly, and the linens soft and comfy. I love that the hotel is connected to the mall. It was nice to be able to just ride an escalator and pick up a sandwich or some coffee instead of having to get back into traffic. One thing I did dislike about this hotel is how high parking was. We paid $20 per night per car just for parking. I've stayed all over the United States and this is the highest parking garage fee I've ever paid. When you're paying $200 a night, parking should be included! Other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

stayed the night of October 10, 2012 ...Excellent Valet greeting upon arrival...I noticed he first looked at my luggage tag for my name and then called me saying "Welcome back Mr___ ! ....at check in the associate noticed I had a Platinum Premier status and she immediately upgraded my room.....without asking. Room was clean and spotless, extra towels, coat hangars neatly organized, bedding crisp and clean and hall carpets were freshly vacuumed. Wake up call right on time. This hotel exceeded my expectations.
Overall I rarely give excellent rating, but this management team clearly has its act together.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Beach Palace Cancun
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you are looking for a greta location in Atlanta this is the hotel you want. Beautiful sorroundings, shopping and eating in walking distance.
Something I have to mention is that we live in Cancun, and in Cancun JW is a much more luxury property, i thought I would find the same in Atlanta, but no, I think this is a bussiness focused property, luxury is not something that you will find here.
The only two things that I would say I didn´t like:
1 No minibar in the room, I went down to concierge and ask why there was no minibar in the room, and a bellboy that was there told me "why do you need a minibar if we have a bar here, pointing the lobby bar" not relly a nice answer!!
2 I don´t think they should charge for parking if you are staying at the property.

Beside that, my wife and I had a great stay....

Room Tip: get a room facing the woods and Atlantas downtown skyline, it is a beautiful view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta? Share your experiences!