“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Atlanta Cupcake Factory

Atlanta Cupcake Factory
Highland, Atlanta, GA (Virginia Highland)
Website
Neighborhood: Virginia Highland
Nashville, Tennessee
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The cupcakes were ok. Not very big or spectacular for $3 each. They didn't have much of a selection when I went.

Visited June 2012

Summerville, SC
“Average cupcakes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I am a cupcake fan. Saying that, I dont even like "fancy", I just really enjoy a good chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting will please me every day - - well, not here. My family was visiting various attractions in Atlanta over Easter weekend and after seeing this place on TripAdvisor I had wrote down that we needed to locate it, time permitting. Our first day in Atlanta, after sightseeing Centennial Park, World of Coke and Aquarium and family was ready to head back to hotel - I made them first search out this cupcakery for some desserts to take back to hotel. First of all GPS got us to the street then it was like "find it yourself" and it didnt show up. After driving up and down street twice, we finally saw it tucked in at the very end of a very small strip of stores. Very limited parking, so good luck. Just keep your eyes peeled or you will miss it. Me and the kids jumped out the truck and ran in to make our selections. Cupcakes were $2.75 each and we picked out 8 of them (2 each) along with 3 sodas so spent like $30. THey seemed to normally have a large selection by the names written on the case, but since we were there at the end of the day, slections were about half gone. Got in car and decided could not wait til got to hotel so opened them up to find they were "hard". :( Not realizing, but the case they were in was a refrigerated case so they were extremeley dense. I immediately decided not to eat mine as I like a very light, fluffy cupcake and was hoping some time out the case would help them. Kids of course dove right into theirs, although they did not like the denseness either. Luckily, after sitting out in the hotel all afternoon and into late evening, they did "lighten up". So - - -- if you want a soft cupcake, just buy them so you have time to let them "thaw". I was highly disappointed in the chocolate cake/vanilla frosting so much so I did not even finish it. The chocolate seemed to have a very strong taste, of what I could not pinpoint. (My husband on the other hand ate his and said it was fine.). The next morning I did attempt my vanilla cupcake with coconut/vanilla frosting and the taste was fine. Not great, but fine. Kids liked the vanilla and chocolate cupcakes "fine" as well but daughter had got a Root Beer cupcake which was very cute since it had a straw stuck in the top of it like a root beer float, but after one taste she did not like it either.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Waldorf, Maryland
“Such a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I read about this place in a hotel magazine. I left the hotel in a driving rain just to visit and it was so worth it. I bought 3 delicious cupcakes and ate every one...in moderation of course. Such a sweet treat.

Visited February 2011
Ellenwood, Georgia
“a+ flavor and variety - design/creativity c-”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

cupcake shopping in atlanta - visited Atl cupcake factory and highland bakery, both had great flavor and variety, but ACF lacked design and creativity, decorative items were not edible, very small shop, all cupcakes same shape/design and all frosting was piped. overall good price and flavor, but will choose highland bakery over it.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery, Alabama
“did not impress me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

The shop is in the worst of spots! there are only 3 parking spots infront of the shop so if you get there to the bakery and there are no parking spots you just have to turn around and try again later because any other parking surrounding the bakery is subject to car towing!!! also, once you do park there is no were to back up and exit so you have to back up into the busy street just to get out! the cupcakes are obviously refridgerated before displaying them. the icing is more of a yougart then icing. so if you like the challenge of getting a parking spot and cupcake with yougart topping instead of icing then go for it!

Visited September 2011