“Can't Believe this ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Formerly Atlanta Marriott Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Georgia Aquarium Offer!
Ranked #134 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
“Can't Believe this ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I made a reservation at the Double Tree for April 29- May I check in is at 3pm i didn't get there till 5:30 -6 because of traffic. When i gat there to check in went to the front desk and i talked to Sabrina and she told me that my reservation was cancelled and thay was solded out thay had no more rooms she gave my room away because i didn't get there at 3 NO matter what time u get there your room is locked in because of the reservation right so Sabrina say she can give me a room but she just toll me that thay was sold out she say she emailed to say it was cancelled but i said y u didn't call she said the number we have is 404 i said wait a minute i don't like in Atlanta i live in Charlotte my area code 704 so u didn't call so that was a so inconvenient for me because i can all the way from Charlotte to Atlanta to find out that i didn't have a room but I have a reservation. It was hard to find another room but i did but ill never go back to the Double Tree and that was my first time go.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Turkish first
Sycamore, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The best part of this hotel is the location. It is an older building, which is fine, but it needs a lot of work. The front desk staff tried to be helpful. The cleaning people were very lax. The first day our room was cleaned properly, but it went downhill every day. By the fourth day, we got clean towels, but nothing else was done. The bathroom was not cleaned and they did not take the dirty glasses and replace them with clean ones. Also, this hotel is very noisy at night! The breakfast is ok and convenient, but not really worth the price.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Sad. Old. Outdated. Not clean. Doubletree should be almost on par with a Hilton. This one is about 2 levels below a Hampton.
There's a Hampton across the street that looks better than this hotel.

I'm a Diamond member BTW- you won't see me again

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Quite disappointed with this hotel. I have stayed here for 3 nights a week for total of 5 weeks and there is always something going wrong with the room. Sometimes there is no shower pressure in the morning, sometimes at night the curtains don't fully cover the windows, so you wake up at 5AM because of the light peeking in. Lastly the operations team doesn't know what they are doing, I am a Hlton Diamond member and when the first time I checked in, I was not even welcomed as a Diamond. This week I was given the worst room in the entire hotel. The team here is running Doubletree into the ground. Enough said

Room Tip: Roll the dice
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Minneapolis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything about this hotel was average or above average, until I went into the bathroom in my room. The walls and ceilings were growing black mold and the paint was clearly chipping. The door closes automatically so I had to prop it open while I was getting ready so I didn't have to breathe in the stale air. For $209 a night + taxes I expect that this would be taken care of. I'm guessing this isn't ups to code.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hotel_Mgmt_Team, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your review. Please feel free to reach out to me so we can discuss futher.
Edinburgh, Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My first and last stay at the Doubletree in Atlanta. It's a totally soulless, made over but tired Marriott property that is only just good enough...

On the plus side, the linen was clean, the water hot, it was quiet on the 5th floor and the bed was OK. On the down, the room smelt really unpleasantly stale (aircon system I guess - it hit you hard as you went it), the common areas are very poor (and just grubby) and I had some headphones stolen from my car whilst it was valeted - though this has now been sorted out. I didn't try the food - somehow I couldn't persuade myself to.

All in all I won't be going back and I'd advise you to set low expectations of your visit if you want to be surprised.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, my understanding was that the headphone issue had been resolved. Our property is 50+ years old and went through a public space renovation last year. We are looking forward to renovating our rooms next!
Florence, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The Double Tree by Hilton Downtown is perfectly located in downtown Atlanta. Just minutes from Centennial Park, the Georgia Dome and Peachtree Plaza. All of these are within walking distance of less than 1/4 mile. If it's good food and dining then this hotel is the place to stay. Food prices range from $15 to $40 per person depending on how fancy you want to dine out. The hotel is not the largest in Atlanta, but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in friendly staff, location and price.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you were able to enjoy our great downtown location. We pride ourselves in our service and look forward to seeing you back at the Doubletree Downtown Atlanta again soon.
Doubletree Downtown Atlnata

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!