You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Formerly Atlanta Marriott Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Georgia Aquarium Offer!
Ranked #134 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are clean, nothing wowed me it was a normal hotel room. Our breakfeast was included in the stay and it was very good selection and also you can even have your choice of omelettes made, however if it's not included in your room it's not worth the almost $18/19 they charge! The bar is also very pricey, avoid it! The valet guys were all very friendly as well as the front desk.

• Stayed January 2014
melharris3, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am glad you enjoyed your complimentary breakfast and the services provided by our staff. You will find the menu selections offered are comparably priced to other restaurants in the downtown area. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Atlanta.

Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Turkish first
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The exceptional staff at this hotel makes up for most of the shortcomings we encountered. Our room was quiet and comfortable. More attention needs to be paid to details like a broken ice machine and a malfunctioning showerhead. Breakfast was expensive and poorly prepared. Food we were served in the bar in the evening was delicious. Prices overall were typical for downtown Atlanta hotels. Complimentary internet access was provided.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. I am happy to see our staff was a highlight of your visit and that you were able to enjoy the comforts of your room. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to downtown Atlanta.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I just stayed in the DoubleTree Atlanta Downtown. It was a decent hotel. It seemed to be in remodel though I was there for business and wasn't really paying attention. Close proximity to the Hard Rock and a few other restaurants, and not a terrible walk from the convention center.

There were some issues with my reservation when I first arrived but the staff dealt with it sufficiently. The gals at the counter were actually quite nice and had good humor, and I appreciated that as I was tired from my trip when I arrived late the first night of my stay.

I was on the fifth floor in one of the last rooms at the end of the hall...not very up-to-date but clean and the room service meal I ordered was good.

Breakfast was good as well the one day I stopped in the restaurant on my way to the convention.

I can't give it four stars in my 'off the cuff' opinion as it didn't have that four star feel to it but I had a good stay and felt as well rested as I could considering the long days and short nights make up of my stay. When the remodeling finishes, it could be a very good place to stay for more than just business.

The city of Atlanta made national news due to a 2 inch snowfall during my stay which seemed to gridlock the Interstate and nearly shut down the city (a complete gong show really...), but the hotel services did not seem to suffer like the staffing at the convention I attended.

So overall, I have to say, I appreciated the hotel staff's efforts and honestly say I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your stay. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your overall stay and our staff was able to continue providing excellent service even during a time when the staffing was limited due to the storm. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Atlanta.

Grandville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

A couple of unusual circumstances and a tip to keep in mind.
1. I stayed here the week of January 26th. Snow, ice and grid lock shut things down for a couple of days. The lobby was freezing my entire stay, they were obviously not equipped for the weather conditions
2. They were under major construction (this is always a pain)

Rooms average, food average, Service overall good:
The rooms were average. Not bad but not great for $209 per night. They did have a nice multi-outlet for plugging in your many devices. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help with my request to print some documents. Both business computers used for public printing would not print my docs. The staff was very helpful in accommodating me by printing them back in offices. A small inconvenience. Because of the weather, we had no room service for (2) days. We did get fresh towels and trash emptied. But beds were not changed or made.

One of the things I like about more expensive hotels is the convenience of a restaurant. Maybe it was because of the construction but their restaurant seemed more like a Courtyard setup, where you can get food but its not really a conventional restaurant. The food was average, and you had to ask a staff member to come to your table and wait on you. Maybe they were understaffed, but this was my experience on (2) occasions while staying here. I had to track someone down and request they take my order.

Three of us staying here and all of us had either leaky faucets or a faucet that had no stop in the turn. It would keep turning a 360. Maybe they will address this in their current construction project.

Here's my tip, if you plan to travel by taxi, give yourself extra time as compared to an Omni or Hilton Marriot. This is not a hotel where taxi's gather or line up to wait for Double Tree customers to come out and jump in a cab. So just plan smart and give yourself time to get a cab.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. During the week of your stay the hotel was running on a very limited staff due to the winter storm. We apologize that we were unable to offer the same amenities and services that are typically offered at a full-service hotel but hope you will understand the predicament created by the weather. If you are planning another trip to Atlanta please feel free to contact me directly.

678-686-3357
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

They're renovating this hotel and things are in disarray at this point. However, a few things were lacking that should have been achievable even during renovation:
My room was dirty when I arrived. Crumbs and wrappers on the desk. The coffee/tea cart had been used an not replenished, carpets not vacuumed, etc etc.
My room was particularly noisy: I could hear everyone walking down the hall and the people in the rooms on both sides of mine, while they were talking in a low voice. Not only was it hard to sleep, but I felt a lack of privacy that I couldn't conduct work calls while I was in my room, as I didn't know who was listening next door.
One highlight: the workers in the breakfast room are upbeat and hustle to accommodate the guests.
In the end, I will pick somewhere else to stay next time.

Room Tip: I have no idea - my room was way too loud!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
melharris3, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to see that the accommodations you received were not up to standards. The cleanliness issues you encountered in your room have been reported to our Executive Housekeeper and will be relayed for training opportunities.

Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I highly recommend the Splash Package for the Georgia Aquarium. The Double Tree is within walking distance of the aquarium as well as a complimentary buffet breakfast the next day! The location of the Double was especially our favorite part as we could walk to Olympic Park and rode on the Ferris Wheel a couple blocks away!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted you were able to take advantage of our convenient downtown location and purchased one of our many ticket packages. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Atlanta.

Prairie Village, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Perfectly good stay, except the internet did not work. I tried logging in a number of different ways on laptop, iPad, and iPhone....no luck on any of them. Location is great for business in the downtown district. Valet service works well.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to see that you had difficulties accessing the wireless internet service. Did you report this issue during your stay? Our staff is more than happy to assist with resolving service issues such as the one you encountered. We hope to see you again on your next visit to downtown Atlanta.

Revenue Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!