I stayed for 2 nights in late September 2013. The price was outrageous, but it was for a conference so there was no recourse. All the hotels were expensive that week.
At checkin I requested an extremely quiet room. The front desk gal was deliberating which room to put me in. The one she did give me was about 3 doors down from the elevator. Every time the elevator chimed I could hear it in my room. Also from about 10pm to 2am people would return to their rooms and I could hear almost every word they said in the hallway. Paper thin walls and no insulation to dampen noise. It was extremely difficult to sleep. I called down to the front desk to arrange a room transfer for the next morning.
Also in the first room 5th floor, I went into the bathroom and my feet were sticking to the floor. I just thought the maid had not wiped up all the hairspray from the guest before me. I took a washcloth and started to wipe. The white washcloth was literally black when I was done. Also the bathtub did not drain well, so there was a dark ring around the tub which had not been scrubbed away by the maid. The tub also had a lot of visible mildew in the tile areas. The bathroom faucet literally squirted out sideways because someone had removed the aerator. I don't think there was much quality control or inspection on the rooms at this hotel. If the maid did a bad job, no one cared.
My room on the 7th floor was just the opposite. Very clean and in good repair. The maid on this floor did her job well.
The new room appeared just fine when I moved to it. It was near the end of the hallway, so I thought I was safe. I went to sleep at 9:30 since I was exhausted since not sleeping much the night before. About 30 minutes into my sleep a jackhammer started below my window. I called to the front desk and they said they had no control over the outside construction and many nights the construction crews will work on the new streets and curbs until 1 or 2 am. The front desk person was really nice, but it was beyond his control. Sure enough the construction lasted until about 1am.
I checked out the next morning.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Atlanta Downtown Hotel
- Marriott Atlanta Downtown Hotel Atlanta
- Marriott Atlanta
- Wyndham Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience exciting downtown Atlanta at the stylish DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown. Walk to many downtown attractions such as Georgia Aquarium, Georgia World Congress Center, Georgia Dome and many other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Venere and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.