“Enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Formerly Atlanta Marriott Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Georgia Aquarium Offer!
Ranked #129 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed February 12-16, the room was average but super clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel staff outstanding especially our bell boy Sabastian who was so helpful and went out of his way to help us with places to visit and eat and where to avoid. I would recommend staying at this hotel

• Stayed February 2013
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
It's great to hear our guest enjoy our property but to hear about one of our staff members, and how they delivered outstanding service is truly something special. I will personally make sure he is recognized for his service while passing on your appreciation. We hope you choose to return to Atlanta, so we can welcome you with the hospitality you are accustom to!

Mark Gallagher, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

u simply dont get what u pay for....decor is not up to expectations...bathroom accessories are very old and scratched! torn banket with a cotton spread everywhere on the bed...bathroom not as clean as should be...the bath tub was disgusting i couldnt think of a shower...28 dollars for car parking is so silly ...no free internet and no free breakfast and the refregerator is upon request y??to be honest, the only good thing is the shampoo and cream in the bathroom which is from bath and body works thats the only good thing i found but i couldnt use them as i said!....i was better satisfied at a 2 star hotel than this marriott!! i have visited many mariotts overseas but never seen a marriott like this...i dont advise u to stay there, ever...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a response in regards to your experience at our hotel. I assure you this isn’t the typical stay we hear about from our guest. We want to make sure everyone enjoys our hotel and leaves satisfied. Our parking rates are set competitively with the surrounding are, as we provide valet parking securely in our garage with in and out privileges. If you would like to contact me to discuss your stay further, please don’t hesitate to do so. 404-688-8600.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My stay was brief but comfortable. The staff was super friendly and quite accommodating (thank you, Sinatra for your restaurant recommendations!). Due to a blizzard my flight was cancelled and I needed to stay an extra night. The staff was able to add the extra day to my reservation easily and I was able to stay in the same room. The hotel location is surrounded by stores and wonderful restaurants and most within walking distance. The hotel does need some minor upkeep including a sink that did not drain in my room and a molding panels missing from the room’s coffee counter. Although minor they were noticeable.

Room Tip: The rooms are quite cozy so if you're planning on traveling with more than 2 people check out mo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
We are pleased to hear Sinatra was so helpful during your stay, and he will be recognized for his outstanding service. As for your comments about your room, we have been informing guest that renovations are heading our way this year. The property will be getting an update to the guest rooms, hallway corridors as well as the lobby. This is something we are very excited about and hope you choose to return to see the changes.

Hamilton Square, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

A bit "long in the tooth", but like Avis--- they try harder. Friendly staff. Room was small, but clean. Nice gym, even though the machines haven't been serviced in quite some time. Liquid lounge was very good with great service and knowledgable bartenders. Concierge floor was very nice too. Quite and efficient. Conveniently located in downtown area with an easy walk to restaurants, lounges, and recreational sites. Not quite the magnitude and depth of the Hyatt, Ritz Carlton or Marquis, but still nice.

Room Tip: Great location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
With the understanding of how important is it to keep up with your routine, we have stalked our gym to complete a number of workouts and we would like the equipment functioning at all times so we will be following up. Your positive comment about our location and staff is greatly appreciated. We hope you choose to return to see the renovations taking place this year.

Best Regards,

DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel - by far - provided the best customer service I have ever encountered. I was ALWAYS greeted by a cheerful "Hello!" when I went in or out of the hotel, the front desk person was always polite when I called down for anything, and the bartenders were fantastic. When I checked out, I have not only one - but two - personnel ask if they can assist me. Just wonderful customer service.

In fact, the first day I was there, I got some food at Liquid, their restaurant/bar, and knew I wasn't going to be able to finish it. Not only did the waiter go out of his way to box up my food for me, he even requested that a fridge be brought up to my room in order to store my food. Outstanding. (To Marriott management - Unfortunately, I didn't get his name, but he was behind the bar on Sunday, February 3rd).

The only downside is the location. It's not Marriott's fault, but I did not feel safe walking around that area at night. We would be approached by homeless people all the time and the streets were just literally crawling with "undesirables." Which is really too bad because there were tons of restaurants and attractions nearby.

Overall, though, I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, try to get a room as far away from the elevators as possible. I would be able...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are glad to hear feedback and know your stay was enjoyable. The level of customer service offered at our hotel has constantly been the forefront of our comments while complimenting our great location in the heart of downtown. With the details you provided about the staff you who helped you we will make sure he is recognized. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Atlanta.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

As a business traveler in Atlanta, you can't beat this location with it's proximity to good restaurants, entertainment and most importantly, businesses (including our client). The front desk hospitality was exceptionally friendly, as was the hotel manager who checked in with requests for comments more than once during my overnight stay. The breakfast in the restaurant was more than adequate, but nothing exceptional. The physical structure has clearly seen better days, and although there have obviously been cosmetic upgrades to the guest rooms and common areas, you can't help but feel the advanced age of the place. The elevators and hallway carpeting seemed warn and weathered, the plumbing worked but drained slowly and the window treatments didn't fully block the outside light. These are nitpicking examples I know, but the cumulative effect is that you are staying in an "old place" but not in a classy sense. Oh, and please give up the "dialing for perks" shtick at check-in where you are invited to literally spin a wheel for a free gift shop give-away or a free breakfast voucher. It's tacky and not necessary.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
The personalized service you received from our staff is certainly a great thing to hear about. We continue to receive outstanding scores when it comes to customer service and we hope it continues. We do have some challenges with our building though you will be pleased to hear renovations are taking place over the course of the year; improving the look of hallways, guest rooms and the lobby area. As our property undergoes these changes, we welcome you to return and give feedback. Thank you for your comments, and look forward to seeing you back in Atlanta!

Best Regards,

San Ramon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this property from Nov 15-17 for business. I selected the property based on the location and price ($109/night). Upon arrival early in the morning, they did not have a room available for check in. I was sick and needed a room ASAP. The woman at the front desk found me a room and upgraded me to a suite for no extra charge along with access to the concierge level. My only complaint is that the room was a little worn down and the only parking option is valet which was $28/day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are glad to hear our staff were so accommodating and tentative to your needs. Hopefully you are feeling much better. The price mentioned in your review is correct; it is set at a competitive rate with the surrounding hotels. Allowing you to come and go as you please with 24hr surveillance in our garage. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, we look forward to your return to see our renovations taking place this year.

Mark Gallagher, General Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!