“Not Bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Formerly Atlanta Marriott Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Georgia Aquarium Offer!
Ranked #131 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Dublin, Ohio
“Not Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Absolutely the worst HVAC controls I have found. After two hour messing with it we got air in our room. That finally masked the noise of our neighbors!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Marriott Atlanta Downtown, your feedback is very valuable and greatly appreciated. I appreciated the high scores on cleanliness, service and location but I was obviously very disappointed to learn the difficulties you had when trying to adjust the temperature in your room. Please accept my apology. I will be personally following up on the issue, and will take your commentary in to consideration on any up-coming capital work being scheduled here at the hotel. Thanks again for you input.

Mark Gallagher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011 via mobile

Good location, close to CNN, easy access to Marta. Lobby had duct tape on the stairs to hold tiles in place. Wasn't typical of Marriott quality. Room clean and comfortable. Service great. First impressions are very important!

• Stayed October 2011
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience. I sincerely appreciate the positive comments regarding the hotel, our location and our great service and I am glad your stay was enjoyable. I am sorry for the first impression we left you. I promise the duct tape has been removed. We were bonding a new brass strip to protect the marble step from luggage, and while waiting for it to bond, had duct tape to keep it on place, sorry for "The Home Improvement Look" . I have spoken to our Engineering Team on finding alternative times to conduct these projects, that don't interfere with a guest’s visual experience. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Me and my husband visit Atlanta a few times a year usually to catch the Falcons football games, and thought this trip we would try the Marriott. It is a very nice hotel and the staff was especially friendly, BUT I think it is not for the casual traveler. Paid extra for the breakfast bufftet which was ok, but kinda pricey for the few selections they had to offer. No 24 hour coffee service, etc. They do have a VERY nice fitness center which we did take full advantage of. Again, very nice hotel, but probably better for business travelers.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the review, it’s very much appreciated. We are very proud of our staff and consider them to be our greatest strength. Glad you took advantage of our great location to catch a Falcons game, and that you enjoyed our wonderful fitness center. I will take you feedback on the buffet price & offerings back to our F&B Team, as we are constantly trying to pay attention to our guests needs & then exceed them. Hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Best Regards
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Premier customer service! The gentlemen working bell staff and valet were exceptional and went above and beyond for me. I could see that they were busy, but they still took the time to make sure I was taken care of and felt welcome. The young lady at the front desk who checked me in (i cannot remember her name now) was so sweet and caring and knowledgable of the area. She gave me suggestions for dinner and gave me directions. I also ate in the restaurant on the last morning on my trip. The server, Celeste, was exceptional! I could not have had a more pleasent experience at this hotel. I will be back on my next trip to Atlanta!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your excellent review. The Atlanta Marriott Downtown truly has been blessed with great staff, as each associate strives to provide top service for our customers. We look forward to your next stay and appreciate your continued business. See you soon in Atlanta!

Best regards,

Rocky Hill, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Located well, easy to walk to many places to visit. Great breakfast buffet, the best we've seen. People were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thanks for the great review, we appreciate it. We pride ourselves on our friendly employees and I am glad you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast buffet; we have made changes recently to enhance the offerings to our valued guests. I am delighted you were able to enjoy both. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed in the Downtown Marriott during the last leg of our recent southern states tour, in our opinion the hotel is drab, old and not as described on thier web site.
The hotel is adjacent to a new build or refurb of a large property and as such there is constant noise from early in the morning until late afternoon/ early evening.
The noise is so loud that the old and poorly maintained windows struggle to block it out , actually the only place the nosie isn't heard is in the minds of the management team who for basis of continued business appear oblivious to it.

So if you have the misfortune to book in take a good set of ear plugs......

Room Tip: use another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am delighted that I had an opportunity to connect with you this week, and come up with a resolution that was acceptable to you. I am also happy that the renovation you were commenting about at the Westin is complete & should not interfere with future guests.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

A Super night's stay, good staff and pleasant appointments. The location is ideal for working downtown.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
MarkGallagher37, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience. I sincerely appreciate the positive comments regarding the hotel, our location and I am glad your stay was enjoyable. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again when your plans bring you back to Atlanta.

Mark Gallagher

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!