“Good location and helpful staff” 3 of 5 stars

The Georgian Terrace Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   659 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #36 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good location and helpful staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel is in a good location opposite the Fox theatre. Our room was a queen and it was small. It was however clean and had everything you would expect. The rooftop pool was nice but I was disappointed at a lack of changing room facilities. The P&P bar in the basement was great, nice food and helpful staff. Mimms for breakfast lacked character and as just a normal Starbucks seemed out of keeping with the hotel. Overall this hotel is a good location and the staff were helpful, but a few things could make it so much better - better size room, better breakfast, better pool facilities. So overall I rate is as average.

Room Tip: Our room was 3rd floor and quite close to the lifts, I would suggest higher floors and away from the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
J Mark W, General Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Emma T,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for choosing to stay with us, as wlel as sharing your expecie from your recent stay. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and facilities in order to create lasting and wonderful experiences for all of our guests. The best way for us to do that is through direct feedback from our guests - both positive and constructive - and then take that feedback and act. Based on your comments, your stay could have been better, and we do appreciate the feedback. I will be sure to share this with our staff to ensure we look for ways to improve what we do.

Again, thank yuo for staying with us, and we do hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to our area.

404-898-8326

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I got married June 14, 2014 and wanted something so special and classy for our honeymoon night. We really wanted to start our marriage on such a memorable note! When my husband booked our room it was a one of the standard suites. He posted a comment in the comment box asking them to make it so special for me thinking they would have strawberries or roses and when we got there they upgraded us for no additional cost to the the Pent House Suite!!!! We thought are you kidding?!? And how generous is this hotel?!? Our minds were blown at such a lovely and generous gesture. We can't wait for our 1 year anniversary so we can come back and stay and remember chasing each other around in my gown and his suit in the most luxurious suite and hotel! Thanks Georgian Terrace for making our already special day and night so much more special.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Allyson R,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at The Georgian Terrace Hotel - we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay!!! Congratulations on your marriage. We feel very privaledged to have had the opportunity to be a part of your special day. Our goal is to create lasting and wonderful experiences for each and every one of our guests, and from your comments, we certainly did.

Again, thank you for staying with us, and we do hope to see you on your 1 year anniversary!!

Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This place needs a makeover. It has a lot going for it, like location, history, a great gym, easy and quick self parking, and really pleasant staff. Tips: ask for a renovated room. They are smaller but nicer. I was there for a long term stay; my room was a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen. Everything needed updating: the musty furniture, the bathtub wan't usable, the bathroom fan squealed like a witch when in use, all of the windows are sealed shut, so cooking and fresh air are out of the question. The curtains didn't close all of the way. Some of the blinds were missing, making sleep difficult. The carpet was crispy. There are no movies on demand, let alone HD TV. Nice bartenders downstairs at the Livingston, the restaurant, but ho-hum food. Stood in line a few times at Mims for a Starbucks, but I didn't want to wait 15 minutes for a latte so I left both times without getting a coffee. I will not be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear eeleeleel,

First of all, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We know you have many choices when traveling, and we genuinely appreciate your patronage. After reading your comments, I am sorry that our hotel did not live up to your expectations - but I did want to address your comments and observations. In reference to your comments about a make-over, we are about to begin a renovation of the remaining rooms to bring our facilites up to the standards you would expect from a hotel such as ours. We have also launched a new lunch and dinner menu in our restaurant which I am sure will please everyone.

Again, I am sorry that our facilites did not meet your expectations, but I am sure if you give us another try, we can exceed them!!

Warmest regards,

Culver City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this place. It's old and in need of some TLC, that's for sure. This was a work trip and I booked whatever room the corporate travel site had available. I ended up in a 2-bedroom unit with a full kitchen, one bathroom with a combo tub/shower, a small bedroom with no closet and a 'master' bedroom with a giant walk-in closet that also contained a washer and dryer.

Beds are raised to the point where my 5'3" frame couldn't sit on the edge of the bed. I literally had to hop into bed each night. Not a fan. There were several light switches I was never able to figure out what they controlled, and I had to move the clock to the window so I could see it.

The refrigerator wouldn't stop running, so everything I put into it froze. The kitchen has no supplies (no pots/pans/cups/dishes/flatware). The thermostat had broken levers, so you couldn't really tell what the settings were. Also unfortunate is the choice of mini-blinds on all the windows with no drapes .. not even sheers .. to pull across. It's surprising how annoying the inability to control light can be.

In room literature stated that Cafe Mims (downstairs) was open until 8pm, but when I went down to grab a quick bite I found out they close at 4pm. When I asked a staffer for a recommendation for a sandwich shop, he didn't seem to understand what I was asking and referred me to the on-site restaurant. I ended up using Yelp to find a Quiznos a block away.

I also asked where the closest place was to buy some soda/snacks, and I was given really vague directions to a CVS that was (allegedly) just a few blocks away. I got about 2-blocks away when I spotted a food mart / gas station and just popped in there.

I don't love the location. I'll be honest, I'm not going to go for any evening walks as I have in Buckhead or even around the Marriott Suites on 14th. On the up-side .. self parking is a breeze.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GeorgianTerraceRep, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and suggestions with our team here at the Georgian Terrace. Because we are a historic property, we rely heavily on guests like you to help us determine the improvements we'll be making to the property during renovation periods. We have undergone a few so far, and will continue with improvements in various spaces in the future. That said, we are definitely always working to better the amenities and cultivate a more positive experience for our visitors. The suggested adjustments have been noted and added to our renovations.
We hope that you'll be willing to come back for another visit, and see that your recommendations have been applied! Thank you again; we would love to see you for a return trip.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Our stay at the Georgian Terrace Hotel was great. The staff is OUTSTANDING! The hotel was overbooked and our room was not available. They gave us an upgraded room, from a single queen, to a suite at no extra charge. The staff is incredibly helpful and always ready to serve. They made my wife's and I vacation great. We even extended our stay an extra day. The rooms are clean and roomy. Their staff are the best! Whenever we are staying in Atlanta it will be at the Georgian Terrace.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind words you have for our staff. We are very proud of the men and women who strive to make the Georgian Terrace a great experience for our guests. We can confidently say we have some of the best trained employees in the industry. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your return.
LOGANVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I love hotels with history, the Georgian Terrace has been a fixture in Atlanta since 1911 and the grand ballroom hosted the world premier reception for Gone With the Wind. It's a stately, classy hotel and the service is great.

Directly across the street from the Fabulous Fox Theater makes it a great place to stay when you want to catch a good show.

Don't miss having dinner or breakfast in the gorgeous Livingston Restaurant. It has a beautiful chandelier, marble columns, and a great terrace for those who like to bask in the sun while they eat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words. We are honored to have you as our guest and glad that you enjoyed the uniqueness and historical richness of our property. It is the goal of our professional and friendly staff to ensure that you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next visit
Rio Rico, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at the Georgian Terrace twice while in Atlanta on either end of a wedding in North Carolina. What strikes you first is how beautiful this historic building is. Second, they make you feel very welcome and apprciated. Both stays, the room was very clean and comfortable. Room service is reasonably priced for a deluxe hotel and the quality of the food was absolutely excellent. They add a 22%tip and then add another line on the bill for an additional tip which the server then tried to guilt me into adding which I was not too happy about, but I already mentioned this to the hotel in their exit survey. Parking is expensive at $25 per night, but very convenient, covered, and with unlimited in/out priveleges and right next to hotel. Location is wonderful as you can walk to many restaurants and Piedmont Park is about a 15 minute walk. There is a rooftop view deck with a large swimming pool we enjoyed that very much. Highly recommend this place if you want to be in midtown Atlanta.

Room Tip: Ask if they have their special for a one bedroom suite. We got one for only $143 per night and it w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate your nice review of the Georgian Terrace! Your thorough compliments and detailed comments on the condition of the property give other readers a great visual for imagining what a stay would be like here. I apologize that you found our parking rates high but they are comparable to other hotels in the area. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back next time you travel to Atlanta, and thank you again for the kind words.

Been to The Georgian Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!