“Below average hotel banking on it's historical name” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book and Save 15%
Ranked #68 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Miami, Florida
“Below average hotel banking on it's historical name”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The rooms are out dated with worn out carpeting. Dust on all the electronics, table & bed headboard. Frayed bedroom sheets with many stains. Dark walk in closets with a few hangers. Only one mirror in the room under poor lighting for make up & shaving. The staff are friendly but only motivated and expect tips for everything. On the day of our check out my daughters went in the elevator to go to the penthouse floor to say goodbye to their aunt at 11:45 am and they got stuck in the elevator on the 19th floor. My daughter called me on the cellphone to let me know that the elevator is not moving. I tried to call the front desk from our room but the phone was dead. I ran down 5 flights of stairs to notify the front desk that the elevator was stuck. The agent said he would notify the maintenance. After waiting for 30 minutes no one from the hotel staff or security had showed up or considered this an emergency. All they kept telling me, " they are working on the elevators". In the meantime my kids are calling me to find out what was going on and why has no one showed up yet. Mind you we have a 12:00 pm shuttle waiting for us to go to the airport. It was 45 minutes after the elevator had stopped that someone called them on the intercom and was able to get them out. ( But why so long ??? ). My daughter has claustrophobia and was having anxiety attacks. No one from the hotel staff ever approached me or apologized for this inconvenience. I know things can break down but their nonchalant attitude was disturbing.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel. All the rooms are dirty. The elevators are not working. The emergen...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GeorgianTerraceRep, Manager at Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and suggestions with our team here at the Georgian Terrace. Because we are a historic property, we rely heavily on guests like you to help us determine the improvements we'll be making to the property during renovation periods. We have undergone a few so far, and will continue with improvements in various spaces in the future. That said, we are definitely always working to better the amenities and cultivate a more positive experience for our visitors. The suggested adjustments have been noted and added to our renovations.
We hope that you'll be willing to come back for another visit, and see that your recommendations have been applied! Thank you again; we would love to see you for a return trip.

843 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I have been here twice, and both times we had our young son with us. The reason we picked this is because of the suites. I like having a separate room for the little one so he can sleep while my husband and I can stay up watching movies.

The hotel itself is well taken care of. It's got gorgeous staircases and a very unique ballroom. I like the charm of it being such an old hotel and it's well maintained. The pool on the roof is pretty awesome and the views from there are spectacular. The work out rooms are pretty nice as well.

The only bad thing is that you have a full kitchen with stove and dishwasher, but not a single plate, fork, spoon or pots. The kitchen is completely empty and kind of useless. Also, both times that we've been there we did not get the renovated rooms so the furniture was a little shabby, but not horribly so.

The beds were very nice and comfortable. I loved that there was a washer and dryer in the room. All in all, we'd probably stay here again the next time we're in Atlanta.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Let me begin by stating the first time that I stayed at the Georgian was one of my best experiences however this past weekend was a nightmare. To begin with the front desk people were just not welcoming and not at all helpful, this may have been because they were overwhelmed as they had about four weddings going on and only one of the main elevators along with the service elevator was working.

Once we finally got our room which was one of their premier Suites on the 15th Floor, upon opening the door we were immediately greeted by a strong smell of smoke throughout the room, my wife immediately called housekeeping to notify them. When housekeeping arrived, they sprayed some our freshener in vents and on the floor and left, this did nothing for the odor, which was stronger in the bathroom and bedroom. I have asthma and found it extremely difficult to rest in this room. The décor of the room reminded us of a motel 6 or some other budget motel, worn out, ugly and not tastefully done at all.

Next we noticed that the walls in the bedroom were covered with dirty smudges, not just small one but large ones as if someone had smeared dirt on their hands and rubbed the walls over a period of time, it was really filthy.

Since we were in town just for the night to see the show at the Fox theatre, we decided to just leave the room for the day and return to change clothes and sleep that night.

We notified the front desk of the issues, when we left that day and the next day at check out, and no one really seemed to be concerned.

The Television in the front room of the suite did not work, only three channels would show, and they were scrambled.

This was a terrible stay and not the standard that I have come to expect from the Georgian, I don't know if they are under new management or what, but this is not an experience that I would like again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is an old, historic hotel in Midtown Atlanta -- with a convenient location for many activities. Like many city hotels, parking is hard to come by and the hotel takes advantage, charging $35 daily. The valet staff were friendly and brought the car multiple times in a day -- and of course, expecting a tip each time. We stayed two nights in a double room -- with a sort of industrial view of rooftop AC units from the room. Nothing noteworthy. The TV in the room did not work, the security deadbolt lock on the door was broken and despite the staff's repair efforts we were left with no TV. There were no pillowcases on the pillows -- just decorative shams. And one bed, though made up, had obviously been slept in before. The carpet was dirty and there were not enough towels in the bathroom. If all of these negatives were corrected, the old school hotel would be OK, but pricey for the quality. Rooms on the second floor are subject to lobby and street noise.

Room Tip: Inspect the room's amenities as soon as you arrive -- if anything is not right, complain to the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

When I first arrived to this hotel I was impressed with it from the outside.

When I came to check in not so much. The gentleman on the reception was far from welcoming bordering on being rude.

The lifts were out of order as there must have been renovations and only was only working with a service lift. This took about 5 minutes to arrive.

When I eventually found my room which was difficult to locate - it, to be fair was impressive. Perhaps the only disappointing thing was there was no bath.

Having to pay $25 extra was a kick in the teeth too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GeorgianTerraceRep, Manager at Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address the areas that we fell short and prevent such service failures reoccurring in the future. We are renovating our elevator so please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you were caused during this time. Again we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.
Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a long weekend. The rooms are like small apartments equipped with kitchens, separate bedrooms and washer/dryers. The hotel itself is a landmark. It's well kept and upscale. The doormen are very nice and professional. We had drinks and appetizers at P&P in the hotel. While I don't understand the whole "mixologist" versus bartender, I have to say I don't get the 15 ingredient drinks (slight exaggeration). The staff was very nice and accommodating and the appetizers were great. Drinks were a little pricey. The hotel didn't seem to be close to much and we found ourselves walking a lot. We spent more time away from the hotel. However, the area the hotel is in seemed extremely safe and quiet. With such a large room, we were able to really spread out and felt very "at home" all weekend. The price of the hotel made it even a better stay for us. I'd definitely return and would highly recommend for business travel, people on extended stays and families.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

When I walked into the Georgian Terrace I was impressed by its modernity, cleanliness and style. The front desk and staff are kind and helpful. The penthouse gym is lovely. The room I stayed in was large but was so put of date and shabby I was shocked. There were cheap mini blinds, torn drapes and old worn bedding (sheets on top looked new). Although the room was clean I the stark contrast from the lobby and downstairs bar and restaurant is shocking. Again I cannot say enough about the staff.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Georgian Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!