“Mixed feelings about this hotel” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   659 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 (Midtown)   |
Special Price
Book and Save 15%
Ranked #53 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
“Mixed feelings about this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I had to give the beautiful Georgian Terrace 3 stars because for the price some things should have been much better. What I liked about it, was excellent and friendly service by bellman, beautiful lobby, nice pub and restaurant, SUPER comfy beds, good location, large room (2 bed 1 bath). The issues I had were: I booked the two bedroom two bath and was told at check In they didn't have it and said we could have a 2 bed 1 bath and did it offer any apologies for it. The room is very dated, peeling wall paper, banged up furniture, old appliances in kitchen. Issues with no hot water in shower after someone else had only showered for like 10 minutes, no supplies in kitchen at all which makes it kind of useless. Hair dryer would constantly shut off... Understand it is a historical building but no hot water or working blow dryer can make it difficult to get ready! Overall it was a nice stay but if I am going to spend that much money I would probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013
GeorgianTerraceRep, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and suggestions with our team here at the Georgian Terrace. Because we are a historic property, we rely heavily on guests like you to help us determine the improvements we'll be making to the property during renovation periods. We have undergone a few so far, and will continue with improvements in various spaces in the future. That said, we are definitely always working to better the amenities and cultivate a more positive experience for our visitors. The suggested adjustments have been noted and added to our renovations.
We hope that you'll be willing to come back for another visit, and see that your recommendations have been applied! Thank you again; we would love to see you for a return trip.

905 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Although the hotel is beautiful, the desk staff and ones on the phone are idiots. The door men were fabulous though. We stayed there for a wedding and they took 2 hours before they would let the bride go to her room because her father was paying and he wasn't there. After two hours of her in tears at the counter trying to get some way to verify his credit card, I asked if someone else could supply their card just for the time being and they said "oh sure". That couldn't have been thought of hours earlier? Our room had a full kitchen but no cups, dishes or silverware. Even the penthouse had very little in the kitchen. Each time I called the hotel, whoever answered was rude, unprofessional and clueless. It is certainly bad management to let people like this be the "face" of this lovely hotel. Parking should be free for guests. You pay enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our service did not meet your expectations. We have every desire to address the areas that we fell short and prevent such service failures reoccurring in the future. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you were caused. We consider it a privilege whenever a couple decides to share their special day with us and delaying the brides check in due to credit issues could have been avoided in this situation. Again we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was told the room price which was fine plus a 75 dollar incidental fee which is refundable also fine. When I checked my credit card I find out they charged 75 $ a night incidental fee when I asked them they said I was told that when I checked in that was a lie they told me it was a 75$ fee not 75$ a night so it left me real short on money! So if u stay there for a week make sure u have plenty of extra money on ur card because there gonna hold the room price plus 525$! I've stayed at a lot of hotels and have never heard of anything as crazy as this! Very pissed off! They will Nvr get another dime from me an I plan to start an Internet slander campaign as soon as I get home!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The rooms are smaller than Japanese hotels. As I lay in bed I can turn the doorknob. Really. No desk, 2 outlets both completely full, no place to put a suitcase and not very clean. The phone didn't work, the heater barely worked and the front desk was surly. If all you need is a bed in Midtown it might be OK.

Room Tip: According to the desk you have two choices: a "standard" room which is more like a closet...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your most recent visit. Our room sizes range from 220 square feet to 2,718 square feet. We pride ourselves in having the widest range of options of any hotel in Atlanta. Our guests may choose from one, two or three spacious bedroom suites. Unfortunately you reserved our petite standard room which is a great value for the single overnight traveler but was obviously not ideal for this visit. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We hope that on your return visit you get the opportunity to experience one of our larger suites.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Not a good stay this time. We have enjoyed our previous stays the past three years, as we have season tickets at the Fox Theater

There a lot more paper work at check in. We arrived at our room which turned out to be very small with a doue bed with no cups or coffee maker in the room. I called guest services and told them that we were supposed to have a Queen/King Suite. She told me thAt we were in the correct room. I told her my co formation stated otherwise. She told me if I had "something in writing" to take it to the front desk, soI did. I told the man At check-in my problem an showed him my confirmation. It told him that since we had partially unpacked we would keep the small room, however I would like the difference in the room rates credited to my credit card. He chose to get us a Queen suite instead. We had to re pack and mp e to another room which was all thesaurus at the opposite end of the floor. We we t to Flash Dan e and had a great evening. When we. Awoke this morning, we found there were. Ups and. Coffee but no offer pot in our "New" room. One would expect more when paying over $250 for a room!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I ran a leadership development program in Atlanta and chose the Georgain Terrace as the hotel for the participants. The training took place at AT&T across the street from the hotel-but we had 2 receptions at the hotel. George Lewis was terrific. He is so customer focused and made every effort to ensure the group was pleased-and that I was pleased. It is unusual in this time to find someone who is so helpful and so customer focused. In all my dealings with George-I can't say enough good things. He is awesome!
I also want to call out your concierge-Brent...for a truly Ritz Carlton moment. One of our vendors did not ship materials for our second program. We were in a panic. They called a FedEx Kinkos and had them printed. My vendor called the Georgian Terrace and Brent took it upon himself to go pick up the materials from FedEx (in the Hyatt) and bring them to the Georgian Terrace. He then went and found me at the evening reception to tell me that the materials were at the hotel safe and sound. Wow!!! What amazing customer service-truly above and beyond the call of duty. It's because of George and Brent that you have our ongoing business. And believe me-we will tell others as well. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I Love staying at the Georgian Terrace Hotel....From the moment I arrived, Linda Sellers Green at the front desk lobby made me feel like I was a VIP....the extra care she took to make me feel special was unbelievable....then the cleanliness of the room and the overall look of the hotel just made the experience not only meet my expectations but well above it...I will alsways stay at the Georgian Terrace Hotel!!! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Georgian Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!