“Trainees working rather than regular staff?” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   659 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308 (Midtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
Park And Dine Package
Ranked #39 of 191 Hotels in Atlanta
“Trainees working rather than regular staff?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Not a good stay this time. We have enjoyed our previous stays the past three years, as we have season tickets at the Fox Theater

There a lot more paper work at check in. We arrived at our room which turned out to be very small with a doue bed with no cups or coffee maker in the room. I called guest services and told them that we were supposed to have a Queen/King Suite. She told me thAt we were in the correct room. I told her my co formation stated otherwise. She told me if I had "something in writing" to take it to the front desk, soI did. I told the man At check-in my problem an showed him my confirmation. It told him that since we had partially unpacked we would keep the small room, however I would like the difference in the room rates credited to my credit card. He chose to get us a Queen suite instead. We had to re pack and mp e to another room which was all thesaurus at the opposite end of the floor. We we t to Flash Dan e and had a great evening. When we. Awoke this morning, we found there were. Ups and. Coffee but no offer pot in our "New" room. One would expect more when paying over $250 for a room!!!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I ran a leadership development program in Atlanta and chose the Georgain Terrace as the hotel for the participants. The training took place at AT&T across the street from the hotel-but we had 2 receptions at the hotel. George Lewis was terrific. He is so customer focused and made every effort to ensure the group was pleased-and that I was pleased. It is unusual in this time to find someone who is so helpful and so customer focused. In all my dealings with George-I can't say enough good things. He is awesome!
I also want to call out your concierge-Brent...for a truly Ritz Carlton moment. One of our vendors did not ship materials for our second program. We were in a panic. They called a FedEx Kinkos and had them printed. My vendor called the Georgian Terrace and Brent took it upon himself to go pick up the materials from FedEx (in the Hyatt) and bring them to the Georgian Terrace. He then went and found me at the evening reception to tell me that the materials were at the hotel safe and sound. Wow!!! What amazing customer service-truly above and beyond the call of duty. It's because of George and Brent that you have our ongoing business. And believe me-we will tell others as well. Thank you!

Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I Love staying at the Georgian Terrace Hotel....From the moment I arrived, Linda Sellers Green at the front desk lobby made me feel like I was a VIP....the extra care she took to make me feel special was unbelievable....then the cleanliness of the room and the overall look of the hotel just made the experience not only meet my expectations but well above it...I will alsways stay at the Georgian Terrace Hotel!!! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel is perfect if you are attending a show at the Fox Theatre. It is right across the street so it was nice to not sit in traffic after the show. I made sure to book one of the renovated rooms and it was very nice. The staff was very friendly while we were there. My only complaint was I needed to adjust the length of our stay and it took three different phone calls to make it happen. The first two times the reservations person told me it had been done but it had not changed when I checked my reservation online. I finally got someone on the third try to actually make the change. Overall a great stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We planned a group conference for AT&T where we had guests staying at the hotel and a reception on 2 of the nights. The receptions were excellent - both the food and service from the staff. We experienced an issue with some materials for our conference at the last minute and your employee Brent went over and above to physically drive to FedEx Kinkos at the end of the day to pick up our materials, brought to the hotel and came to find us in the reception to ensure the materials were taken care of. George ensured we were fully taken care of the entire time, even planning for a car to take us back to the airport upon the end of our stay. Please know all of these things made the stress of running a conference with near 100 attendees much less stressful and our stay more enjoyable.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed at The Georgian Terrace for a bushiness trip, and I must say it was a excellent experience. The bell staff and valet service was good. When I got in my room I was very surprised, it was very spacious. A kitchen, laundry area, and two nice sized rooms. But upon a further look I did notice that it was very dirty behind and under the furniture. Especially in the laundry area. I am not sure who's socks were behind the dryer or how long they had been there. But the best part was one person in particular at the front desk. Linda from the front desk was more than gracious and willing to help. She managed to answer all my questions and direct me towards where I needed to go. Best service in the hotel. I will be staying here again.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I wanted to take time to applaud "Katie" who worked this past Saturday, January 26 at the Georgian Terrace. My husband and I were hosting two other families from out-of-town at this hotel and had reserved three suites/rooms. For some reason, one of our rooms was mixed up with another reservation. As a result after checking in, one of our friends entered their room and found someone else's luggage in the closet. Thinking there was some mix-up, my friend immediately called me to ask what to do. As my husband and I live in the Atlanta area, we were on our way to meet our friends at the hotel, so were not able to be present at the front desk in order to help deal with the issue. I was particularly concerned as another person who would be staying in this suite was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer. In fact, this trip was a special outing for her to attend one of her favorite shows at The Fox. When I called and explained this situation to "Katie", she immediately upgraded our friends to beautiful suites which made our visit even more special. I wanted to be sure Katie was commended for her attention to detail. In addition, your Livingston restaurant was exceptional - especially the breakfast the next day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family