“Hilton Atlanta Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Forest
“Hilton Atlanta Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The staff, the hotel and the room were excellent. We will definately stay here every trip to atlanta. The shuttle runs every 15 mins to the airport where you can catch the marta. The shuttle is only for the Airport Hilton so its a straight trip from hotel to airport, no other hotel stops. The bar was really nice and so was the staff. The nachos are awesome.

Room Tip: We stayed in the standard king room, it was plenty big and extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Glen Allen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel has been renovated very nicely. Having double beds is really too small. They need to upgrade to 2 queens in a room. Three of us stayed together and were not too cramped except for sleeping. We stayed on the executive floor and really enjoyed those perks. Before coming I was given the option to have extra towels and pillow choice, which I ordered but did not receive. This should not be available if they are not going to follow thru. I would have liked more towels and washcloths without having to ask for them. Each time we were given only two. The self parking fee is too expensive! There is plenty of parking. The room rate is reasonable but parking is where they get you.

Room Tip: Executive floor is worth the extra money
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in order to take advantage of the Stay and Fly package. The hotel had been recently renovated/redecorated, and it was lovely. The breakfast buffet was also very nice. The biggest downfall of this visit was the other guests. We had unsupervised teenagers on our hall, and they were running up and down the halls from 10pm to 2am. Whether you have to make an early flight or not, this absolutely ruins a hotel experience. We called the front desk several times, and they sent up a security guard. Sure enough, as soon as the guard left, the noise and running up and down the hall would start back up. Finally I went down the hall and pinpointed the room where the kids were staying. Apparently, they were there with adults who had gone out for the night, leaving the kids alone. I called the front desk again, reporting the exact room number and the circumstances. I don't know what happened from there, but the noise eventually quieted down. My frustration is that the security guard should have stayed on the floor and got to the bottom of the noise himself instead of making me do all the work. We are flying out of ATL again in October, and I am currently trying to decide where to stay. The Stay and Fly package is very convenient, but I'm not sure I want to run the risk of not being able to sleep again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Clandahlina,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you found our Park and fly package to be convenient and that you really appreciated our recent renovation.

I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed by your fellow guests and that this diminished your experience. It is certainly something that we will work harder on.

The service level that you received is not typical and is not representative of the service level we normally provide at the Hilton Atlanta Airport. You have my sincere apology for any inconvenience that may have been caused. I regret the incident left you with an unfavorable impression of the Hotel and hope to have a future opportunity to regain your confidence and goodwill. I look forward to having you as a return guest, and am confident your next experience will be more in keeping with your expectations of Hilton Hotels.

David Piscola
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everything was above and beyond. We had a huge corner room that was amazing in every way. Bed, bedding, amenities, size, quality, cleanliness, etc.

If you want a good night sleep...This is your hotel... Peace Of Mind...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Chandler, Az, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here in May of 2012. We were on our way from Paris, France, to
Phoenix, Az. Everything was above and beyond. We had a huge corner room
We had mentioned it was a big anniversary for us. This was said months before we
stayed there. When we arrived there was a chilled bottle of wine, wine glasses,
chocolate covered strawberries, and a lovely greeting card. They remembered to
make our anniversary special. We had the executive level which included the lounge.
The lounge was very disappointing, as the food was not good, very scarce, and unappealing.
HOWEVER... The buffet breakfast in the main dining room was out of this world.
What a spread. We could hardly believe our eyes. The service was outstanding.
This hotel caters to business people due to its airport location. Still we got instant
assistance, everything was perfect, and it was homey, yet elegant. We will definitely
look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor and a corner room if possible. We had great views, and the corner rooms have a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicagoland, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hilton Atlanta Airport after a flight was canceled. I got to the hotel and was greeted by an exceptional front desk staff member who sympathized with my flight problem and sought to make my overnight stay enjoyable despite the circumstances. She honored my HHonors Gold status with a room upgrade and when she realized I would be leaving in the morning before breakfast was served, she gave me a coupon to the hotel's restaurant.

The executive floor lounge proved to be a great place to get out of my room, get some work done and enjoy light refreshments.

My only complaint is that the first room I was given smelled like someone had recently treated it as an ash tray, but when I went to the front desk I was given a new room with great apologies. (No sweat; stuff happens.)

I don't think I ever would have chosen this hotel if not for my flight cancellation; but now I actually look forward to coming back into town to stay here by choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Pretoria, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

From the moment that we were met by the courtesy bus at the airport we enjoyed our visit. We were given cold water on the bus and all our heavy luggage was taken care of. The luggage was waiting in the room for us. At reception the guy (forgot his name) helped us quickly and friendly. He answered all our questions and were so efficient and friendly.

Our room was lovely (we had a junior suite) and had a view of atlanta downtown and the airport. The room was large and had a lovely seating area and all the modern facilities. The beds were soft and absolutely wonderful after a long flight.

The executive floor where we had complimentary breakfast and snacks were stocked with a good choice of continental breakfast food and drinks. It was stocked the whole time and kept clean.

We ate dinner in the restaurant and found the waiter lady very attentive and enjoyed the food and wine.

I checked in online in the complimentary downstairs computer business centre. Printed the boarding pass. Was free.

Flying out the next day we took a taxi to the International terminal (cost about $20 with tip) as we did not want to tire ourselfs. The consierge arranged everything for us.

I will definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: Eat in the restaurant next to the lobby.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!