“Disappointed - Not what I'd expected from The Four Seasons” 3 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Fourteenth St, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, GA
“Disappointed - Not what I'd expected from The Four Seasons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I had expected the usual Four Seasons luxury and cleanliness, but I found the Atlanta hotel to be a tremendous disappointment. Here are a few of the low points:

- Bathroom: (1) The toilet paper holder was hanging off the wall. (2) The plastic shower seal was hanging off the shower door. (3) The shower door was coated in rust. (4) In general, I felt "icky" just standing in the bathroom!

- Bedroom: (1) The tv remote was covered in dust. (2) Housekeeping did not arrive for the turndown service until almost 9 pm (a little too late for me). (3) Though robes were provided in the bathroom, there were no slippers, nor were chocolates left on the pillows at night... I know these are frivolous extras, but it's the Four Seasons... I expect (and pay for!) a little pampering.

(3) Indoor Pool - (1) There were no lounge chairs inside... all of the lounge chairs are outside, in the sun. Since I was concentrating more on my book than on my suntan, I would have preferred a comfortable indoor chair. (2) Supposedly you can order food while you're at the pool - I can't confirm this since I never saw a waiter/waitress in the area.

All that said, I would like to compliment the hotel staff (the people I actually saw, that is... as opposed to the phantom poolside waiters). The Four Seasons is known for superior service, and the Atlanta hotel staff does not disappoint on this front. They are friendly and efficient. Too bad the rest of the hotel was not as delightful. I will NOT be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Our stay which included our 3 year old grandson was delightful. Everyone at the hotel was gracious and aware of our needs. Our grandson loved the treats provided for him and of course, the swimming pool was his favorite. Our room had a view of all of the skyline of Atlanta. We loved walking in the neighborhood which has fountains and the High Art Museum close by. The food was also superb when we ate dinner. Will certainly return again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I had a 3 nights reservation and could not believe my eyes:
We checked in to find out our room was half cleaned. Bed sheets were still dirty and soiled from the previous staying guests. The toliet had stains which made me want to puke. The glasses provided in the room two of which had lipstick marks on them. And to add to the fun, in the morning, we were greeted by a friendly roach trampling through our room on the carpet from one end to the other. We packed our bags, checked out immediately and went directly to the St. Regis Atlanta where we should have gone in the first place; a true oasis for the discriminating business traveler. Do not bother with this hotel nor with any Four Seasons Hotels. What's happened to the Four Seasons Chain?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Stone Mountain, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

husband and i stayed here during valentines weekend. nice all around. nothing out of order and no complaints. heavy on the wallet but expected b/c it's THE FOUR SEASONS HOTEL right?! right.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
St Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

The Four Seasons was my choice for conference accommodations in Atlanta. It would have been easier to stay at the downtown conference hotel, but I knew that it would be an underwhelming experience. This property is one of the older Four Seasons - in style and decor, but certainly not in property upkeep and cleanliness, technology capabilities, modern, delicious food choices, and spa treatments. And of course, the service was legendary, as expected. My only disappointment was with the 'separate tub and shower' room I reserved. Yes, they are separate, but the tub is quite small. Not amenable to soaking! Overall, a fine stay and a great location in Midtown.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

everything from the enterance to the room was in top shape, the employees were very inviting. My partner and I truly enjoyed the visit and will be back in the next month

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

We live about an hour from Atlanta and wanted a quick getaway to celebrate an upcoming milestone birthday. A friend recommended Four Seasons and there happened to be a 3rd night free promotion so we booked a room for the weekend. From the time we arrived until we left, everything was great. Hotel employees were gracious and friendly; service was impeccable; and the room was so nice. The birthday cupcake was delicious and was a nice surprise from the manager. I really enjoyed the large bathtub with the wide faucet and handheld sprayer. I want one just like it for my bathroom at home! The weather just happened to be gorgeous in Atlanta over the weekend and the location was perfect for enjoying outdoor activities like Piedmont Park and the OysterFest. We also had a delicious meal at Pasta da Pulcinella on Friday night. Hopefully we can make it a yearly event!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta? Share your experiences!