“An almost perfect stay...” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Fourteenth St, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Los Angeles
“An almost perfect stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Generally, you can't go wrong staying at a Four Seasons, and this one was no exception. The hotel is conveniently located in midtown, right near several good restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful across the board. Great gym and pool facilities (though the hot tub is a half circle that faces the wall, which seems a bit odd). Overall, staying here was a very nice experience, and I had only two minor issues: 1) There are no coffeemakers in the rooms. There is complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby each morning, but it means getting dressed to go down and get it. 2) The rooms felt a bit dated. Nice, but they could use a refresh. Otherwise, I have no hesitation in recommending the Four Seasons Atlanta for your next stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a premier suite, if possible - corner room with windows on two walls. Helps eliminate som...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FS-ATL, Director of Rooms at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear bmajor1, Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us! It is our pleasure to be your home-away-from-home and we hope to welcome you back soon! We're constantly collecting feedback from our guests to make improvements around the hotel and will be sure to keep your comments in mind.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Four Season on 14th St. is wonderufl. The room was beautiful and clean. The staff is nice and very accomidating. In an era where hotels are all part of your experience in a city and our expectations for hospitality are so high, the Four Seasons Atlanta met and exceeded all expectations.
The spa was wonderful -- they have an amazing "happy hour" spa special.
I worked out before work and the fitness center was clean and had everything you need. Also, it wasn't too crowded which can sometimes be an issue in hotel gyms.
Stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Logan T,

Thank you so much for your kind review! It is wonderful to know that your entire stay--from your guest room to The Spa. We are over the moon to hear that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back whenever you travel to Atlanta and we'll be sure to share this glowing review with our staff!

All the best,
Director of Rooms
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

When I want to treat my wife well we stay at a luxury hotel. In Atlanta that means one of the two Ritz locations or the St. Regis. I have always heard very good things about the Four Seasons, they have a very good name. It wasn't until 2 weeks ago that I finally stayed with my wife for 2 nights.

I was very underwhelmed. I expect something special from a luxury hotel. When I go to the Ritz their rooms are nice but not amazing. The thing the Ritz does is treat you like royalty. Drive in and you are greeted by 3 or 4 people. They run up, hold the door open for my wife and I. They are consistent in high level service. My wife enjoys the high service level as do I so we like the Ritz.

The St. Regis takes it up a notch, same high level service plus a very nice room that is far beyond the nice hotel room available elsewhere.

So what happened at the Four Seasons? Drove in and waited finally asked someone to help us with our car and bags. Entered the lobby (very nice) and it took them a long time to find my reservations even though I had printed out my confirmation (to their credit they were apologetic and very nice). Hotel room was OK, very much like the Ritz, nice but no wow, not much better than my business trips at a Marriott property.

TV went out. They are on dish and there was a thunderstorm. I do not fault them for the weather, they do not control the weather. My wife noticed they have a DVD player. We did not think of needing DVDs so we did not bring any with us. I called the front desk, they referred me to the concierge, "we don't have a DVD library, but we do have a few DVDs", they had 10 DVDs (we had seen them all before). Why put a DVD player in every room and then offer 10 DVDs.

The pool was awesome. Nice men's locker room (hot and dry sauna) nice lap pool with a very Roman/Greek atmosphere. Water bottles waiting when done. This was the single most impressive thing about the hotel.

Had a B&B package and planned to go the restaurant but they don't offer breakfast after 10:00--really? Ordered off the room service menu, nice but lots of fees (very common I realize) that meant we paid for our free breakfast.

Called ahead prior to checking out make sure the car would be ready. We stood outside while staff talked with each other. The car was parked out front so my wife and I with baby carrier in tow made our way to the car. I expected to draw someones attention when we did this, no luck. I would have put the baby in the car but the car was too close to the wall. We stood. Eventually someone noticed us. As we drove away both of us decided that would be our last stay at a Four Seasons.

Prior to our visit my impression was that there were 3 luxury brands in ATL. It appears I was wrong, there are only 2--Ritz and St. Regis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan N, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
WeLoveTheBeachToo,

First off, thanks for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that we did not provide the experience you anticipated and we will keep your thoughts on file as we take note of the things we must improve to ensure that every guest has a memorable stay with us. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Director of Rooms & Operations
Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I LOVE staying at the Four Seasons Hotel - Atlanta! From the moment you pull up to the hotel you are greated by the warm wonderful staff. Everyone here is ALWAYS extremely friendly and go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable! Also, the location cannot be beat - the walkability to everything...especially Piedmont Park is wonderful. This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and eveytime I come away relaxed and refreshed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jean S

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location -- especially since we are near many of the city's most popular destinations, including Piedmont Park! We look forward to welcoming you back for your third stay sometime soon! And just a quick factoid for you while I have your attention...Piedmont Park is 185 acres and is often referred to as the Central Park of the south. It was designed by Frederick Olmsted, one of the original architects of New York's Central Park.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We spent the weekend of July 27th at the Four Seasons in Atlanta. They had great Bed & Breakfast rate. We live less than 10 minutes away and felt like we had gone to a different world. From the moment we walked in, we were met with elegance and outstanding customer service. They even had a stuffed animal and a bag with cookies and jelly beans waiting for our 4-year old son (with a personalized note).

We received a complimentary upgrade to a slightly larger room. It was well appointed and very spacious, with a view of downtown Atlanta. We spent several hours at the pool, which is styled like a Venetian bath. It was so relaxing. We were able to order lunch while at the pool. The staff was even nice enough to open the pool after dinner (it normally closes at 9:30p) for a brief swim and time in the hot tub before bed.

Dinner at Park 75 was lovely. Room service breakfast was divine. We have done several staycations at the Intercontinental Atlanta. The difference here is the personal touch. And for that, we will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel is very nice and the rooms were nice. However, paid to upgrade our room to room with 2 different views. What they didn't tell me was that second view was of parking garage. Not worth the upgrade AT ALL. Mentioned this when checking out, so they deducted cost of parking, which about evened out. Other than the view, very nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FS-ATL, at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Bellarea3,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Atlanta. We appreciate hearing your feedback. We understand your disappointment with the view and are glad to know we were able to resolve the issue at check out.
In the future, please don't hesitate to let us know right away if there's anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Atlanta again soon.
Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stay at the four seasons in Atlanta frequently. The hotel provides the best service bar none. On my most recent stay I requested a room with a terrace and of course the hotel accommodated my request. I just don't have an unkind word for this hotel. The steam room in the ladies locker room was not working while that was a surprise I still classify this hotel the best in Atlanta.

• Stayed July 2013
FS-ATL, Director of Rooms at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
teedee68,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the kind words. We know you have plenty of options when choosing a hotel in Atlanta and we are glad to remain at the top of your list!

Our apologies that the steam room was not working during your stay; we have since fixed the problem and it will be in good working order when you visit again.

Thanks again; we look forward to seeing you soon!
Matthew Vandegrift

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta? Share your experiences!