“Good midtown location, excellent service,mundane rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Boston
“Good midtown location, excellent service,mundane rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just spent one night here on a business trip. The location is great for midtown Atlanta and as with all Four Seasons hotels the service was exceptional.
That said the room was fairly typical of other lower cost hotels and not what I would have expected for this hotel.
My dinner and breakfast were very good, wait staff was attentive but seemed to work as atag team andI was never really sure who was my waiter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I have never been in a hotel that the entire staff has a wonderful attitude and customer driven!
Four Season should take great pride in their staff! I am a vendor who entered the hotel from the dock, I was immediately greeted by 3 different employees all saying hello and did I need any help?

• Stayed January 2013
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
This is wonderful to hear Robin F! Thank you for your kind words!
We will continue to encourage our staff to provide the great service you experienced.

See you soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I have no gripes. The location is nice. The staff were pleasant. The furnishings were comfortable. The room was well appointed and spacious. The bed was outstanding. The HVAC and plumbing worked well. I enjoyed the fitness facility. The breakfast at the restaurant was tasty, although service was a bit leisurely. However, nothing and no one stood out as exemplary. I received the same level of comfort and service at other fine establishments for much lower cost....and without the costly add ons, like overpriced Internet, bottled water, etc. Overall, I would stay there again, but only if the nightly room rates were adjusted down and the 'nickel and diming' of guests ceases.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review, DCDoctor.
We are glad to hear that you found our location, the staff and your room to be satisfactory. Thank you for taking the time to utilize the fitness center and enjoy breakfast with us.

We're disappointed to know we didn't 'wow' you. That is certainly not the feedback we normally receive. We will keep your comments in mind as we continue working to provide our guests the best experience possible.

We hope you will allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations if your travels bring you back through Atlanta.

Thank you again for your review.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I made a high priced investment in a 1 bedroom suite, and I regret it. Staying there was regretful in general. When I walked inside the hotel no one was there to greet and point the guest to the check in counter. When I found it on my left there was a very nice bell man asking me what I was looking to do. When I said I needed to check in he smiled and said "Welcome." But after that, I was not impressed. The next person came out from the counters and leaned her head to the side asking me what I needed. Still there to check in. There were no places to really go and sit and the energy just wasn't there. I was unimpressed with the check in area; it was too small and left little chance for privacy and one could over hear the conversations of other people checking in and the employees. The fruit and cheese plate was not what I had ordered before arrival. I asked for fresh sliced and got two apples, candied nuts and grapes. The living room was nice and the bar area was well presented. The master bedroom was dirty - hair pins on the floor, bedside, and in general one could see that the carpet had not been thoroughly vacuumed.

The bathroom was tiny - and, while there was a shower and a separate tub, there was only one sink. In a 1 bedroom suite you would expect double sinks for him and her. Instead, one person had to leave the bedroom and use the 1/2 bathroom by the entry door. There was no hand soap by the master sink so you had to go between the bath tub and sink for the same piece.

The bedroom side tables were small and crammed - close to no room for anything. The TV was not even worth turning on. The room called for a large screen but the one there was so small we had a hard time reading preview print for movies. It was laughable - you can't have such a prestigious hotel and not have top notch electronics. It was the same in the living room; small TV.

The food was over priced for what we received on quality. It did not taste fresh, and was skimpy. When ordering ice water with the dinner, someone went overboard in the room service department and included a large water bottle for $ 24.00. Then at dessert time, the peach turn over was served cold and the request for 2 scoops of ice cream was charged at $ 4.00 per scoop. It wasn't the money in of itself that was the problem; it was the arrogance of piling on the billables while delivering poor quality.

The highlight of this hotel is the staff outside receiving the guests and greeting them. The hotel was not worth the hundreds of dollars for the 1 bedroom suite. Being that I have stayed at other Four Seasons Hotels in the past, this fell far below what the brand is known for. This hotel was more like a "Three" Seasons. I will not be back.

• Stayed January 2013
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
goeverywhere83,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review. We are very disappointed to hear about your recent experience with us. We apologize that you found the accommodations, food and service to be unsatisfactory. We assure you these comments are not the norm and will review the issues with our entire staff.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Atlanta USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

the location is great, heart of midtown. The team are so attentive and friendly. The courtesy hotel car will run you wherever you want to go within 6 miles. The lobby is stunning. The indoor pool is large, seems modern so may be new, there seems to be a small outdoor deck but there is no furniture on it, shame. Restaurat and bar service good, food good too. Its an easy place to stay as they take great care of you, and the rooms although small have nice beds and furniture.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Expattraveler100,
Thank you for staying with us and for your review.

We are glad to hear you were pleased with our location and enjoyed utilizing the house car. We think it's a great way to get around the city!

You're correct -- the pool is newer. The outside deck area is furnished during the warmer months; we apologize that you were disappointed to not have it available during your stay.

So glad you enjoyed Park 75 Restaurant and Lounge and found your room to be comfortable.

We hope you'll be back to visit us soon!
Thank you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for an annual weekend meeting in Atlanta. The rooms were nice but the service is seriously lacking. I had dinner both nights in the hotel. Once, at the restaurant and the other at the lounge (which is the same menu with additions). Both dinners were very lengthy as it took a very long time for the waiters to bring a menu, to take our order, and to bring our check. We spent much of the evening waiting; not enjoying our dinner. It seemed as though the hotel is very short staffed, especially in the dining areas. I will not be staying here again, as there are other choices in Atalnta but thought the Four Seasons would provide the exceptional service I am used to receiving.

Rgckgc1,
We appreciate your review. We are so sorry to hear that you felt you spent more time waiting then enjoying your stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing efficient and personable service and regret to have disappointed you. We will absolutely keep your comments in mind and share them with our team.
We hope that you will visit us again and allow us the opportunity to show you the southern hospitality and service we are known for.
Minden, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been a guest at the Atlanta Four Seasons on three separate occasions. I was last there for New Years Eve. The staff is friendly and professional. The rooms are what you'd expect from Four Seasons, terrific. The bar, located on the second floor, is a great place for a drink and a quick bite to eat. I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for ringing in the new year with us jccminden!
We appreciate your loyalty and are thrilled to hear our staff and rooms continue to meet your expectations.
We're glad you enjoyed Park 75 Lounge for a cocktail and a bite. Next time your should check out our Chef's Table! It's inside the kitchen and offers an out-of-this-world dining experience.

Thank you again! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dan Normandin

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta? Share your experiences!