“Great Service, but Hotel needs Update” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   75 Fourteenth St, Atlanta, GA 30309 (Midtown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, GA
“Great Service, but Hotel needs Update”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I stayed a the Four Seasons, Atlanta on Dec 25th for a little romantic evening from traveling back from San Antonio. We stayed under the "Celebration Package." We chckd in about 8:30pm. Valet was quick and unloaded our baggage quickly. Tiara was at the front desk and checked us in. She had complimentary upgraded our room to a Deluxe on the 15th floor. She also asked us if we were celebrating anything, I told her that we just came from from SA visiting family and celebrating our new baby on the way. She congratulated us both and said that she would send Apple Cider or Sparkling juice up to our room for my wife. The package comes with chocolate covered strawberries and Sparkling Wine. She also kept the pool opened a little bit longer (since it closed at 9pm) and my wife and I wanted to take a quick swim. She apologized for some of the services being out of ordered due to renovation - like the men's locker room. I would definitely like to recognize Tiara for being a true value of the FS and to guests that she encounters everyday. She was able to be positive and enjoy her work, even-though it was X-mas night. Also, another shout-out to Wendall, our bellman who helped us with our luggage. He also welcomed us both to the FS and made my wife and I feel special. The negative is the room, the small bathroom. The shower is directly in front of the toilet, which is akward. The FS is showing its age and I hope the do a complete renovation of the rooms, change the out-dated and worn faucets, etc. Other than that, service is still the best in Atlanta, a great team the FS has.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Jhw82,

Wow! You spent Christmas with us! I'm so glad to hear it was a 'merry' stay and that our staff went above and beyond to make sure you had an enjoyable evening! With regard to your comment about our guest rooms, we're constantly making updates around the hotel and just completed a floor-to-ceiling renovation of our ballroom and all guest room suites, with other improvements continually being planned.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback and commend our staff! I'll be sure to share your note with all those you mentioned!

Finally, a huge congrats to you on the impending arrival of your bundle of joy!

All the best to you and a early Happy New Year to you and yours!

Dan Normandin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

A great hotel, fine service and attention to detail. Dogs are welcome and they provide beds, dishes and treats. Best place to stay in Atlanta, by far! Location is good, just several blocks off I-75. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2012
PattyAndDick,

Thanks so much for your recent review of your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta. Sounds like you and Fido had a great time with us--just what we love to hear! I hope Fido had a chance to enjoy some of our housemade dog biscuits created by the hands of our talented team in the pastry department! Happy Holidays and all the best in the New Year! Hope to see you all again, soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I am pursuing my executive MBA and we did case studies on Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, I fell in love with Four Seasons and wanted to stay at least one night in Paris though it is very expensive to remember the experience. I am a resident of Atlanta for past 5+ years, I gave my wife a surprise with a one night stay at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta for our wedding anniversary which fell on a weekday. We took our huge Golden English Lab. Mr.Norman, the hotel manager gave us a surprise of complementary One Bedroom suite and a bed for my dog, the views were stunning, quality, restaurant-park 75, experience, staff were great. We went to dinner at Park 75, had some wine, complementary drive in Jaguar XJL was unforgettable. We decided if we are in town celebrating some event on weekday, we will stay at this place for sure.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very nice..One Suite per room, the higher the better view. Any suite is awesome. Gr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Travel_a_ok,

Wow! I must share your this recap of your stay with the staff at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta! I'm so glad to hear we impressed you enough that you're already considering a repeat stay--and we welcome you back with open arms! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review.

Happy Holidays!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

From arrival to departure, the staff and service is top-notch. Everyone addresses you by your name and offers amenities such as water and other refreshments. Well worth the stay. The rooms are a little dated, but clean and welcoming.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DrivenFaster,

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our service! I'm sure you enjoyed the incredibly warmer-than-normal weather we're experiencing in Atlanta, as well! Hope to welcome you back to the hotel, soon!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Had a great experience at the hotel. From the bellmen to the front desk, all of them were very attentive. The rooms are a good size. I did have room service and the food was good. I thought the fitness center was outstanding because of it's size, equipment and even the attendent offering water. Overall, my experience was great and I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
susan c,

Your review is music to our ears! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Should your travels bring you back to the east coast, specifically, Atlanta, we hope to see you again--and promise the same level of Southern Hospitality you received the last time.

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Not great, but good. I prefer the Ritz in Buckhead. But if you must stay in Midtown, this is not a bad place. The location is pretty good. The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are a good size and decently appointed. Not a bad deal if you can get a good rate. But if you have to pay top dollar, I would think twice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
brastumac,

Many thanks for your review, although I'm disappointed to hear that we weren't able to 'Wow' you during your recent stay with us. I do hope you will give us another chance to prove that we strive for perfection in every regard and hope you will share any special requests you have the next time you make a reservation with us.

Have a wonderful holiday!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

My son and I spent three wonderful nights at the Four Seasons. People would appear from nowhere to be at our service to give us driving tips, restaurant ideas for any cuisine, the rooms were impeccable and the Day Spa, unbelievable! Do stay!

• Stayed September 2012
FSHA-GM, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Katz645,

I'm so glad you and your son enjoyed your stay with us--and in Atlanta. I especially appreciate the time you took to leave this review. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Dan Normandin

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta? Share your experiences!