“Great location, friendly front desk staff, needs renovation.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   267 Marietta Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30313 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great Summer Rates!
Ranked #79 of 188 hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location, friendly front desk staff, needs renovation.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

My mom and I decided to be tourists in our own city for 2 days and decided to stay at the Embassy Suites Centennial Park. The parking is $24 valet (required) and is a good idea as parking in downtown Atlanta is sketchy at best. The valets are very helpful seem really surprised and happy when they are given a tip. The front desk staff and conceierge gave great dining advice - Legal Seafood and Peasant Bistro. The hotel was in quick walking distance to CNN, Georgia Aquarium, and world of Coca Cola. My only complaint would be the hotel is getting a little rough around the edges. It needs fresh paint throughout, the rooms had ripped wallpaper, doors had dents and peeling paint around edges and the shower needed new grout. Was it a dump? No, but I don't think it was worth the listed room rate. Also the staff at Ruth's Chris (which is in the hotel) is very unfriendly!

• Stayed January 2011
pberman, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Centennial Olympic Park and taking the time to review our property. We are pleased you enjoyed yourself and had a nice getaway while downtown.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel facilities and services, and am disappointed your room was not 100% up to our standards. The items you have pointed out have been corrected and should not be a future issue. It is only through our guests eyes that we can see how we are performing-either well or needing improvement. In this case, we took your lead and made the repairs needed.
In regards to Ruth's Chris: I am sorry you experienced unfriendly service. While we do not manage the restaurant, I will make sure that their management is made aware of your comments so we can correct this service issue as well.
Again, thank you for your review and for visiting with us. We hope to see you again soon.

549 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

Excellent choice if you're looking for a hotel in the tourist/convention district. It's very close to the Georgia Aquarium and CNN Center. Low-rise (6 or 7 stories) and built around an atrium. They have a manager's reception with free drinks and snacks in the afternoon; hot cooked-to-order breakfast is included in room rate. (I didn't take advantage of either so can't tell you how they were.)

I think all the rooms are suites, and mine was the smallest variation, which was perfect. You enter from indoor corridor overlooking the atrium, into a small living room with sofa-bed and TV. There's a mini-fridge/microwave opposite the bathroom; then a small but very pleasant bedroom looking out on Centennial Olympic Park.

The staff were all VERY nice. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is in the hotel; there's also some kind of less fancy restaurant adjoining, from which you can order pseudo-room service (although not late at night). I found the room and the whole vibe very pleasant

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I visited this Embassy Suites location New Year's weekend. Here are my thoughts:
1) We arrived around midnight December 30. The valet was there to greet and take care of my car. Valet service is required, but you can remove your car as much as you'd like without additional charge ($24 per day). Car is parked in an outside lot, but there were no problems with this.
2) The front desk clerk handled my check in less than a minute. She was very pleasant and also offered a couple of locations to eat at that time of night.
3) The rooms were very clean. We were on the 4th floor, overlooking Centennial Park. This is a beautiful view, especially with the Christmas lights. When you walk into the suite, the first room is the living room. Very spacious with a sofa, desk and nice sized lcd tv. There was a small refrigerator and microwave between the living room and the bedroom. There is a closet with a safe right beside this. The bathroom was clean and well equipped. The only real minus to the Bathroom was the absence of a fan. The bedroom was a standard room. We had double beds that were very comfortable and clean. I read a couple of other reviews that claimed bedbugs. Sorry, none here. The room overlooked Centennial Park and downtown Atlanta. Excellent views! There was minimal outside noise, even though it was New Year's.
3) The breakfast is held in Ruth's Chris Restaurant. It is buffet style with the exception of an omelette/egg station (cook to order). There was a fair variety of food. In my case on both days(we arrived at 9am one day and 7:30 the next), with the exception of the omelettes, the other cooked foods were not fresh or tasty. The juices were good with many choices. A word to note, get there 30 minutes before they stop serving ( 9:30 on weekdays, 10:30 on weekends). They pull all items and shut down when the posted closing time arrives, regardless of how many customers are there.
4) The Manager's reception is good for those that want to take in a beer or mixed drink, not for those that want to munch on something other than peanuts. A real disappointment.
5) The location really can't get much better. Directly across the street is Centennial Park, The World of Coca Cola, and the Atlanta Aquarium. About 2 blocks aways are CNN, Phillips Arena, the Convention Center and the Georgia Dome. Downtown is within a short walking distance (about 1/2 mile).
6) The building looks good inside and out. There is a large atrium that features a waterfall (if you like the sound, it is perfect). Each floor has a sitting area with sofas, chairs and tables. The elevators don't mess around. They get from floor to floor very quick.
7) Check out was quick and pleasant. The valet had our car to us in less than 2 minutes.

Overall, this is a very good place to stay. I have visited several Atlanta Hilton hotels and would say this is the best of them as far as comfort and location. The location cannot be beat if you are touring. The breakfast is ok. It is somewhat pricey compared to other Hilton family hotels in the area, but still a good stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

We have stayed at this Embassy Suites several times in the past and will stay here in the future. You can't beat the location. Right on the Olympic park, walking distance to the Aquarium, the Coke museum, CNN center, and Phillips Arena as well as places to eat. There is a playground near the aquarium, which is perfect for having young children. This is the first time we've stayed here with our 2 year old son. He loved it and this place is very kid/family friendly. Our room, as always, was very clean and had everything we needed. We had a great view of the park, which was lit up with Christmas lights. The sofa bed was perfect for our son and it was great having the fridge and microwave for his snacks. The staff was very friendly, especially at breakfast. The breakfast has almost everything you would want, including an omelet bar. Again, for families with kids the breakfast was a plus.

Ruth Chris' steak house is down stairs. We didn't eat here this trip, but have in the past, very good. This time around we ate from Park Ave Cafe and Grill (which is right under Ruth Chris') we ordered take out and had it in the room, really good and reasonably priced and the staff was super nice.

My complaints...when booking online at the Embassy Suites website and looking at the aquarium package be careful. I thought I was booking a room w/ 2 free aquarium tickets (which is a great deal) BUT when it gets near the end of the booking process it asks you if you want to save money and prepay. I clicked on that thinking I would be saving more money , but when I checked in I learned that choosing the pre-pay package is not the same as the aquarium package. So really I ended up paying more since we had to buy our own aquarium tickets. Not a major deal, but if you want to save money be very careful on what you click.

Also, internet is not free here, $9.95 a night. The wireless wouldn't work in the bed room, only in the living room.

Over all we love this hotel, stayed here many times and we will be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We were in town for a professional football game at the Georgia Dome. Not really knowing the location, we picked Embassy Suites because it appeared to be close (within walking distance) and had some pretty nice tourist sites within a block.

Our arrival was a bit late but were greeted with a huge smile. The front desk clerk greeted me and shook my hand and said he saw I was a Hilton Gold member and was glad I chose to stay there.

The room was a bit smaller than other Embassy Suites that I've stayed in but it was exceptionally clean, everything was in working order and we had a spectacular view of Centennial Park and the Christmas lights.

Throughout the stay, the staff was always helpful, friendly and went out of their way to assist in any way they could. The only minor disappointment was breakfast at Ruth's Chris. Okay, okay. I know they are providing the free breakfast FOR Embassy Suites but I'm kind of expecting a bit more. It was mediocre - not bad, not great.

However, the BIG perk was having the "real" Ruth's Chris as part of the hotel. Granted, it's not cheap but there are few other restaurants to compare.

Overall, we very, very happy we stayed at the hotel, we appreciated the thoughtfulness of the staff and intend to stay there again on a future visit to Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

After reading some of these reviews, I wondered if I stayed in the same hotel. First off the location was fantastic for exploring downtown. The propery borders the Olympic park, and during the holidays was very scenic. The room was standard Embassy, and I has none of the problems these other reviewers described. This hotel was standard Embassy, with an excellent location. We would definitely say there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

This trip was planned because my personal hero, my sister, just returned from deployment in Iraq. We decided to meet in Atlanta. Because my sister, was bringing my nieces, I thought the Embassy Suites would be a great fit for us. Because while the room price is a little bit more than other area hotels, the value tends to out weigh the price. Meaning the free full breakfast and the free mangers reception at night saves more in the long run. Not only that, but they could place the girls in the first room, on the sofa bed and yet have a bedroom for privacy.

A little background on me. I am a retired travel agent, I have made countless reservations without any problems. But I can honestly say, this was the WORST time I EVER HAD making a reservation. It took over a dozen phone calls to get the reservation on paper correct and of course, when we arrived at the front desk for check in, they STILL did not have it correct. So frustrating. After a delay at check in, FINALLY we had the rooms requested. I loathe telling people how to do their jobs, but sometimes one must step in. Also a side note, while on one of the many calls made I was speaking with one of the front desk managers that was telling me that the hotel was going to be at full occupancy that weekend and was told "there was little they could do". Well I stayed there, and that hotel was no where close to occupancy. In fact OVER HALF WAS EMPTY! LIARS!!!!! Although I must mention that to correct their mistake they did upgrade my room, to compensate for their error. Standard in the industry if available.

The area around the hotel was wonderful. We were able to walk to most of what we wanted to do. The Aquarium is a short walk, and right next to the world of Coca Cola. So is the CNN Center. The park is beautiful and has a lovely little ice skating rink. Also the Olympic Torch that was lit during the 1996 Olympics is very close by. There was also many wonderful restaurants within walking distance. Once we arrived, we didn't need to move the car. Which was nice.

Right outside the hotel you will find what looks like parking meters. Well they are actually collection points to stop the area homeless from pan handling. Well that doesn't stop them. We were panhandled twice.

The hotel parking lot is a lot to be desired. Had I had MY car there I would have not allowed them to park it on the loose gravel, unpaved lot that they charge you $27 per day to park on. Can you say rip off? Also we noticed that they use the very same lot for public parking for events at the price of $10 per day.

The rooms where in good condition when we arrived. We were not overly impressed with the house keeping staff. Our sister's room did not receive service one day. Light bulbs were missing from our room. Extra items we asked for the first day were gone the second, etc. Not flawless and definitely needs improvement.

Had the reservation staff been "on point" it would have been a flawless visit. Location is the best attribute to this property.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park? Share your experiences!