“Great Location, Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park

You added Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   267 Marietta Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30313 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast and WiFi
Ranked #86 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Location, Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I have stayed at other area hotels and this has been the best. The location is great, the grounds and room were very clean and the staff was fantastic. We had many shipment sent to the hotel and they were very good at getting the shipments to were we needed them whether that was to our room or outside of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Enterprise, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I was very disappointed in the quality of this hotel. I have had better service at the Econolodge. The airconditioner in this hotel is not adjustable. The temp in your room is motion sensored so it does not cool at night. My family and I were hot and could not sleep with cover. I complained several times and was finally shown a different room that was not different. I cannot believe that you cannot adjust the temp in your own room. They did come and replace the NASTY filter but it did not help. I will never stay at another Embassy Suites again!!! The hot tub was out of order and filthy!

Topeka, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

In our travels, we have stayed at Embassy Suites many times so we were happy to see one in downtown Atlanta on a recent vacation. The service, hospitality, and food were above average but that did not make up for the overpriced room! For $199 a night, we were treated to dilapidated , garage sale type furniture, worn, dirty carpeting, one sink and hit and miss housekeeping. No caffeinated coffee after several requests, we gave up. The small table in the room had water stains all over and would have sold for $2 at a garage sale. The coffee table and dressers were so worn, there was exposed wood. Also, our soap was only replenished once in five days. The room was depressing and dreary. The hotel lacks adequate restaurants, only a Ruth's Chris on the premises. It is close to the Aquarium, CNN, and The World of Coke and the park but the overall hotel is just not worth the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Allentown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I guess it all depends on what is most important to you.

The location was great if you are here to take in the sites - right next to Olympic Park, walking distance of CNN, Coca Cola and the Aquarium. Is nightlife important? Then don't stay here - there is a limited choice of restaurants and the city is virtually empty during the weekend.

Was the hotel clean? So so. We stayed for 5 nights and the sample dirty sheet stayed on the top of the bed, the same red melted popsicle sat by the pool and the same disgarded coke can laid on the floor in the lobby. The hotel itself needs an facelift but it was adequte.

They do offer free breakfast and it was good but little variety. It was the same thing everyday. You could however get scrambled eggs, back, hash browns, made to order omletes, pancakes and oatmeal every day. Some days they had a "little" fruit out, liittle boxes of cereal and yogurt. It was much better then we expected.

They also offer a free cocktail hour from 5:30-7:30 and I was really surprised they you could get several different kinds of wine, beer and even had frozen margaritas. The "snacks" included pretzels and snack mix as well as veggies and dip. Though it literally took 20 minutes for the woman to come back with more vegetables and the carrots were so bad I was actually surprised they served them.

Staff was not helpful and the conceirge was all but non-existent. When I did have a question and someone from the front desk called to answer a question - it sounded as if they were bothering them and it was difficult to get an answer. Front staff wasn't really any better - no really helpful took two people to check you in and get you card keys - I guess i just wasn't impressed.

Was it awful? No. Was it the worse place I ever stayed? No. Was it adequate? Yes Would I go back? No.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
pberman, Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Embassy Suites. We apologize for the hotel not being up to your standards and expectations and will look into the issues you brought up in your post. We hope you will come back and join us at Embassy Suites and give us the opportunity to show what our facility and service we can offer.
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

My family and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Embassy Suites Centennial Park. This is my third stay at this hotel and I do not think I will be back. We had the misfortune of checking in on July 4th, along with about 300 others. The line to get to the mandatory valet parking was out in the street and the line to reach the front desk was over an hour long. The long check-in process made us late to the Braves game that afternoon. The room's AC was not functioning properly and could not be corrected by hotel maintenance. There were multiple "conference" type groups staying in the hotel which makes it very difficult to receive good service at breakfast and the manager's reception. Also, after the fireworks show on Sunday night the hotel pool was so disgusting that it was closed most of the day on Monday. This was unacceptable. This hotel has a great location and OK food and drinks. But other than those two redeeming qualities it is lacking elsewhere. My famliy and I will stay somewhere else next time.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for the HIMMS conference. It was within walking distance of the convention center and one of the last ones available.

The room was nice and quiet, front room with a TV, back bedroom with a TV. Also had a work desk and HIMSS paid for free internet!

Once the conference was over, the hotel is stones throw away from olympic park, the coke museum, georgia aqarium, patriot museum and many reasonable eateries.

The hotel staff were on the ball and helped with with any thing i asked. The steak house inside was amazing and the room came with breakfast. Breakfast was free but it was kinda cafeteria style but definitely better than continental style! They had cereal, omlets, toast, pancakes, bacon.. you name it, they pretty much had it. This saved me on my expense reports. There is also a subway, johnny rockets, cokie place out back.

The conference center is huge, be prepared to bring comfortable shoes.

No complaints

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Fayetteville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I live in the Atlanta suburbs, but wanted to treat a European visitor to Independence Day fireworks, so I booked a suite for July 4th. After sitting in the valet parking area for 10 minutes, a valet finally took my car and I joined the line snaking through the lobby to check in at 2:30 pm. After about 30 minutes, I reached the counter and was told my room was not ready and to come back later. We went across to CNN center and took the tour of CNN studios. About 90 minutes later, I returned to the hotel and realized the line was just as long as before, so the kids and I returned to CNN center for dinner. So, returning to the hotel around 7 pm, I waited another 20 minutes and was finally given a room. I asked the receptionist what compensation they were offering for the annoyed customers, and the polite young man gave me a generous credit in the Ruth's Chris steak house in the hotel. He said the restaurant was open until 11 PM. The room was fine, although there were no linens for the sleeper sofa. A maid brought us a blanket but no sheets. We left promptly to watch the fireworks next door in Olympic Park, which were spectacular. The fireworks ended at 10:30, so we went to the restaurant for dessert but were then told the restaurant closed at 10 pm. Frustrating all around! However, the complimentary breakfast next morning was fine, and we used the credit for a nice al fresco luncheon after visiting the wonderful aquarium and Coca-Cola museum down the block. Free internet in the business center is nice. The gym was adequate and the staff was polite under extreme duress. My amazement is that this hotel is in a convention city next to a large convention center and lots of tourist attractions, so its hard to fathom the inability to handle large crowds checking in. So, stay here if its not a special holiday or otherwise busy time! The location is great for the tourist attractions.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park? Share your experiences!