“Don't stay here - truly awful!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park

You added Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   267 Marietta Street, NW, Atlanta, GA 30313 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast and WiFi
Ranked #86 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Texas
“Don't stay here - truly awful!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

I have traveled a lot on business and never had an experience worse than at this hotel. I stayed at this hotel for over a week on business and would NEVER go back again. Truly awful!!! If you want to be violated in your room at night - stay here! Security came into my room after one knock on the door after 9:00 pm at night with no id, no uniform and completely disrespectful attitude. When I called the front desk I was told to put my Do Not Disturb sign on the door while in the room if I did not one them in there. The deadbolt lock did not work. The carpet was dirty, housekeeping was substandard. Breakfast was the same cold scrambled eggs every day and if you were lucky enough to get the omelette chef's attention you might get him to cook something for you 15-20 minutes later. Stay away from this run down dog of a hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

I spent 5 nights here on business. The hotel staff did give me a quiet room, down a short hallway from the rooms facing the atrium, but it was where the maids congregted to load their carts each morning, so was noisy at times. Unlike many Embassy Suites, the living room was brightened by a window overlooking the pool. However, the carpet outside the room had dried food stains that were not cleaned during my stay. The cooked-to-order omelet breakfast was great. The bellman and parking attendants were also very courteous. The front desk staff was clearly in a hurry and didn't seem as welcoming as in most hotels. Valet parking was a bit steep, at $24 a day. Internet access was another $9.95 for each 24 hour period. At one point, my internet connectivity was lost, but the telephone support staff quickly resolved the problem. Another time, the card key didn't work, but the janitorial staff quickly resolved the problem. The bed was comfortable and linens were clean. It was fun to watch the lighted/animated Coca Cola bottle from the bedroom window at night. Finding my way to the hotel, during rush hour, was a little nerve-wracking, even with a GPS. If you have the money, there is a Ruth Chris Steakhouse on the premisis. All in all, I would stay at the Buckhead Wyndham hotel, if I return for another trip.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

I spent hours searching for a hotel to stay at in Atlanta, and was very unsure about the Embassy Suites because it was a three star hotel, charging alot more than some of the four star hotels I looked at. Plus, its website is really dated and doesn't really sell it very well. And on top of that, the reviews are quite varied. However....

I was very happy with our choice. When you walking to the lobby, it is clean and light and has a really nice set-up. The rooms were great - having two rooms when you have a two year old who goes to bed at 7pm is worth the extra money! The carpets were a bit shabby and had a big stain in one spot, and some of the towels were a bit old-looking, but overall the room was clean and fresh-smelling with all the amenities you could need.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and requests were dealt with quickly. The breakfast was more than adequate and there was a good selection available. Some of the comments on these reviews about having to wait for breakfast seem a bit unnecessary. You have to wait for as long as it takes to cook an omlet - and occasionally you might have to wait in line for a couple of minutes - big deal!

Our room was quiet and overlooked the park. And it's biggest selling point has to be the location. Most of the time we didn't stray far from centennial park and it's immediate surroundings. If you want to see the aquarium, the childrens museum, CNN, coca-cola then it is the absolute best place to be. Plus the park is a great place to play, it had a really nice playground for the kids and the water fountain is fabulous on a hot day. There were enough restaurants to choose from nearby, although the choice isn't limitless it is more than there are in other downtown areas. MARTA is also only a block away, so although we had a car, we didn't use it at all during our four day stay. We also parked in a lot across the street, saving ourselves about $16 a day in parking charges.

To sum up - the location really is perfect, it felt safe too, and the rooms are great for families with small kids.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

My husband and I travel all the time and staying at a nice and clean hotel is important for us. Well, when we got to our rooms I noticed that the carpet had not been vaccummed....candy on the floor, hair pins under the sofa and etc. I said to myself, "well, perhaps houskeeping just missed a few spots. Then I pulled back the covers and hair was all in the bed!!! This made my skin crawl! Anyway, there was also a red colored spot/stain on the carpet that looked like vomit. This is a very old hotel, but at least they could keep it nice and clean! The photos on the Internet are deceptive!!! We paid 10.00 more for the Centennial Park view but it really wasn't worth it. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone especially if you like staying at a nice, clean hotel. This is not for you! Don't say I didn't warn you!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

We've become devotees of Embassy Suites when traveling with our 6-year-old. The staff of the Centennial Park location couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. We called about a problem with our TV remote and the fix-it guy was there within 5 minutes.

Free breakfast with made-to-order omelets and all the extras make this a standout for families.

This Embassy Suite is a tad on the older side, so it's not quite as sleek with the in-room amenities, but everything was there—the fridge, coffee maker, etc. No small sink in the kitchen area but that's OK. We had a great view and a wonderful time at the hotel.

Upgrade to the park view—I think it's worth it. Overall, I think this is a great hotel—and value—for the money!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

I brought a group of 23 from Michigan primarily to see the Georgia Aquarium. What I couldn't understand from maps was how close everything is to this Embassy Suites. Games at the PHillips Arena, all kinds of restaurants, and World of Coke is just next to the Aquarium, and Children's Museum is next to World of Coke. I found the breakfast inconsistent and okay - not as good as most embassy suites. On-site Ruth's Chris was, for me, too expensive. We had a terrific dinner at McCormick & Schmick's, 5 min. walk away, for a lot less. Johnny Rockets was fun, just next to Aquarium, for burgers & shakes like 1950's. Others in our group loved Ted's Montana Grill - and they were willing to accommodate groups with a private room (but I chose McCormick's; maybe next year I'll try Ted's). The MARTA subway is a terrific option for $2.25 you can get to and from airport - a short walk if you have roller bags or light bags. Pool was outside, so don't think you will be swimming during the winter unless you are hard core. Walking in Centennial Park was right out the door, safe, and had lots of open space with several monuments and fountains (no water because of shortage). There is an outdoor ice rink open now, people playing frisbee and walking dogs. We liked the second floor rooms because we could avoid the elevators, our floor had a nice "living room" in the common area for kids to play Pokemon and get away from the tv, plus fitness center is on 2d floor. The manager's party was okay - not as big of a social event as I've seen, for eg., in Miami Airport Embassy Suites. Drinks were generous and snacks were pretzels or chips w/Salsa. I've also stayed at Embassy Suites Atlanta Airport and I do not recommend it; these two hotels are so different that the names should be different too. With a better breakfast, I'd call this hotel choice perfect; it still is excellent for the price and location.

• Liked — So convenient to a terrific variety of Atlanta attractions & restaurants
  • Disliked — breakfast was free but not up to Embassy Suites quality level
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2008

Thanks to previous reviewers, our room had a park view, which was beautiful.

The hotel itself is just okay. Breakfast in Ruth's Chris was just okay, however, Tara the hostess was smart, warm, and welcoming. Lunch was much better quality than breakfast. Room service food is from Ruth's Chris as well and was surprisingly good. During our five-day stay, it was a bit difficult to get the room cleaned well. Overall, the staff provided a wonderful southern hospitality, which makes the experience so much better.

We were close to the World Congress Center for early morning meetings, and still close enough to downtown to enjoy evening events at other hotels by foot. The world's largest aquarium was even closer. Participated in a benefit run in the park at 6:00 a.m. so again hotel location was perfect (a few surprise hills, though!). Families should be aware of certain people who hang out around the park, as is with any city.

Fitness center on site is good although outdoor pool is for summer months.

If you are a coffee snob, bring your own coffee for the in-room coffee maker. If you are not, then bring your own coffee anyway, as they only provide 1 package of coffee. There is a fridge and microwave in the room.

We ate dinner at the Peasant Bistro in the same building, which was modern and chic with good food. Again, staff were fabulous.

Rooms could be more clean and bathrooms better constructed (faucets did not fit sinks/shower, heater wall panel not screwed in). Lobby has horrid 'scent' from poorly located pipes that follows you up the elevator.

• Liked — Location and view of park/downtown and staff hospitality
  • Disliked — Could be more clean
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park? Share your experiences!