“Location, location, location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park

You added Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park
Ranked #99 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We recently brought our son here for the weekend as a special treat. We asked for and received an upper floor. Overall we had a very pleasant stay. The building itself is beautiful. Our room was clean and comfortable and we enjoyed walking around Centennial Olympic Park. We'd previously been to the Georgia Aquarium (which is essentially next door) and Coca-Cola so we took the tour at CNN. I would think this would be a great base for a family wanting to take advantage of the nearby tourist destinations.. The only negative was the valet parking (which my husband loathes). The return of our car at check out went pretty smoothly and there are a lot of eateries nearby (particularly the CNN food courts) and we took advantage of the hotel breakfast, so we really didn't need our car.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
dsamuel_FOM, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. We are glad to read that our service and accommodations met your expectations. Especially the "Location Location Location" :-) We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments they were very kind. It is good to know that one of our guests had a very enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your plans bring you to Downtown Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
NYC suburbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed here on business on a Monday. I had called ahead and asked for an early check-in which they granted me at 9:30AM. Sure, I got a 2 queen suite instead of a king, but that's fine since it was just me for one day. The rooms were clean and spacious and the hotel is conveniently located. The manager's reception at 5:30 was great for free beers (as many Killian's as I wanted). The free breakfast in the AM was great too - made to order omelette's, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, pastries, etc. For $179 per night, I would definitely stay here again when in town on business.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
dsamuel_FOM, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. We are glad to read that our service and accommodations met your expectations. We appreciate your time and your words are very kind. It is good to know that our staff’s dedication to high customer service does not go unnoticed and your comments serve as motivation to all of us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time your plans bring you to Downtown Atlanta :-)
Abingdon, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at this property for three nights to attend company-provided training. All of the hotels in the area were completely booked. The hotel is centrally located downtown and some rooms overlook Centennial Olympic Park. There are a variety of dining choices within a short walking distance from the hotel. Attractions nearby include The World of Coca-Cola, Aquarium, Phillips Arena and The Georgia Dome. The older property is very well-maintained and my 8th floor suite was clean and very comfortable. A note left for housekeeping about a dead remote was quickly fixed the next day when I returned for the evening. I had a very quiet stay. What the hotel lacks in a newer feel is made up by the attentive and customer-focused staff. The valet staff, front desk, catering and security (who was not bothered when I needed to reenter our conference room to retrieve a left-behind laptop power cord staff were very helpful during my stay.
The traditional buffet and made-to-order breakfast offered by most Hilton properties is hosted each morning in the Ruth’s Chris restaurant located on site. The other onsite restaurant is Peasant Bistro which advertised a scrumptious menu, but I did not dine there during this visit.
Check-in was pleasant and I was offered a $25.00 dinner credit to Ruth’s Chris to compensate for the inconvenience of not being able to find a room that met my profile preferences. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available on the first floor and lobby areas and wired access in the rooms for a rate of $9.95 per night, but complimentary for (Diamond HH). The Business Center was well-appointed and catering services were very good as lunch and snacks were provided each day of our training. Valet parking is offered at $28.00 per day. Rooms have microwave, refrigerator and in-room safes. I typically like the nearby Hilton, but if that property did not have rooms, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the park
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. I am glad to read that our service and accommodations met your expectations. We would like to thank you for your kind words and your time, it is much appreciated. It is good to know that our staff’s service was accommodating and I will be sure to share this with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We've stayed at our share of hotels; Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc. trying to keep on a budget. We opted for this hotel primarily because we had almost enough points to get one night for free (paying about $10 for extra points). Having not stayed at a "downtown" hotel in a long while it came as a surprise that we had to pay for parking. Granted we were able to walk to the one place we decided to eat at the first day we were there but we imagine paying was a better option than taking our chances by parking on the street someplace. The room was decent but not spectacular. The free breakfast was good but rather crowded.

Room Tip: Unless you need to stay in the downtown area for a reason I would recommend finding a hotel outside...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Blue Ridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was arriving to Atlanta for a wonderful event and it was held at the World Congress Center so I picked this hotel. Well not only was it so convenient, I loved my stay. My room overlooked the Olympic Park which was lovely I could also stroll through the park when I had free time.
The view was awesome of the skyline of Atlanta, spacious, clean.
A great experience.
Easy, comfortable , enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your previous stay with us. It's really nice to hear that our service, accommodations as well as our location :-) met your expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future when you visit Atlanta.
Carmel, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I (along with 6 other employees) recently stayed at this hotel while our company exhibited at a trade show in Atlanta. Due to the hotel's close proximity to the convention center, it seemed like a perfect fit. Unfortunately, this hotel did not live up to expectations. The problems began even before we were even in Atlanta. The simple task of assigning guests to our block of rooms seemed like the most difficult job for the hotel staff. The member of the staff that I dealt with was incredibly rude and unprofessional. The sub-par service continued as we checked into the hotel and for the duration of our stay. Some of the highlights, or rather, some of the lowlights included: the inability to locate a package (of some of our time-sensative exhibiting material) that sat at the hotel for two days while they "searched" for it, dirty bath towels (complete with random stains and hairs), two broken lightbulbs in the room, a broken toilet paper dispenser, mismatched toiletries, a sizable hole in the bedroom wall and a staff made up of the b-squad.

Bottom line is that this hotel needs a deep clean and a new staff. It seems that they don't put too much effort into maintaining the hotel since they know people will stay there due to the location. Pretty big disappointment.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Duluth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

In Atlanta for a few events, such as hawks basketball and CNN. Hotel was special with its decorations but lacked in customer service in my view. Took no less then 10 minutes to check in. (A long time with bags in your hands) Then we went up to the room with a great view of the park and wonderful flat panel TV with access to various things like movies. I went to the bathroom and every faucet i turned on had mud come out. Now I did not over react but I told managment and they did not address issues at all. Said just let your water run.Well lets just say, I let it run and it was still murkey that night. An up side was the wonderful managers reception. WATCH OUT FOR VALET FEE. For being an atlanta native, it was way over priced. But all in all it was a pleasent stay and you just have to budget in the outrageous valet cost.

Room Tip: Room with park view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
dsamuel_FOM, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. I am glad to read that our accommodations and location met your expectations. However sad to read that you felt there was a lack in customer service. A good stay begins and ends with an efficient and pleasant staff that provides the accommodations and service you expect. I am sorry if this was not your experience.

I have forwarded your comments concerning the water in your suite to our Chief Engineer to follow up on. I know there was one case previously that a water main broke in the city in which all water service to the south side of Atlanta was turned off due to the emergency. I am not for certain if this was the case during your visit as I am not certain as to which dates you stayed with us. Each member of our management team was made aware of this, so I wish we knew who it was you spoke with during your visit. You can definitely be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

I am also sorry that you find our parking fee expensive, as it turns out, ours it is one of the least expensive compare to other hotels in the area, and they are comparable to parking fees in large cities across the nation.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all of our guests with the highest standards of service in the industry. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Centennial Olympic Park for your hospitality needs while in Atlanta. I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Been to Embassy Suites Atlanta - at Centennial Olympic Park? Share your experiences!