“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Andrew Young International Boulevard, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #116 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Gloucester, Virginia
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Hotel is in a perfect location to the Atlanta Aquarium, World of Coca Cola, CNN center and metro. Staff was excellent and very accommodating, only one minor problem and the hotel comped my breakfast which I must say was very nice of them considering how small the problem was and I did not ask them to, breakfast was excellent however expensive if not comped, there is a waffle house next door didn't try that but it is there, valet parking no problems. The hotel you can tell is a little older but nicely redone and room was very comfortable I will definitely look at staying her again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ricky P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear William,

Thank you so much for the great review! I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and I'm glad our staff took care of you. I hope to have you stay with us again in the future and until then I wish you the best of travels.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Thai first
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Hotel is in the perfect location and within walking distance to Olympic Park, aquarium, ferris wheel, and a waffle house right next door. We arrived at 9:00 that morning and was just seeing if we could go ahead and park so we could walk and enjoy the parade that was going on before we could check in. We went in at 9:30 that morning and were able to check in right then! I was so excited with the early check-in. Overall wa a great stay and the front desk was really nice and courteous.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ricky P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Stacy,

Thanks for sharing your experience and I'm incredibly happy to hear that our staff was able to take care of you during your stay. I appreciate the feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Thanks,
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The location is unbeatable, right next to the Centennial Park. Many of the attractions such as CNN, Aquarium, World of Coca Cola, Philips Arena are within 5-10 min walk. About 5-7 min walk to MARTA station so you don't really need your car while in Atlanta. Peachtree Center station also offers lot of eateries and shops. Lots of restaurants in the area.
Hotel is a bit outdated, rooms are OK, nothing special. Breakfast is good, but not included in the rate. You can choose between continental and Southern buffet.
VERY FRIENDLY STAFF!! Basically everybody starting from reception to restaurant to room maids was helpful and friendly. .
I would recommend the hotel for a short trip when you don't want to spend too much time in your room. Try to find special rates when staying there.

Room Tip: 2 choices of rooms: either facing Andrew Young Boulevard - great views, but a bit noisy or facing ba...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Ricky P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear CAM1978,

Thank you so much for the great review! Our staff is our pride and I am incredibly happy to hear that you were greeted with our home brew southern hospitality. I truly hope we can take care of you again in the future and until then I wish you nothing but the best.

Thanks,
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Being an Olympic Fanatic, I booked a downtown hotel through Hotwire and got the Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown. It was my first trip ever to Atlanta and has luck would have it, I was given a nice small room with a queensize bed on the top floor overlooking the Centennial Olympic Park and the Ferris Wheel. The staff was extra friendly. The lobby is very spacious and modern, serves coffee and lemonade. The pool is seasonal and was closed. The location is FANTASTIC!!!! I would stay here again is a heartbeat. I went running around the park both days. There is only one building that separates the hotel from the Centennial Park. Easy access to Marta Subway line at Peachtree station to commute to airport and must see places in Atlanta. A skip and a hop to CNN, the Aquarium, Coca-Cola World, lots of spots to eat. What a wonderful city to visit!!!!

Room Tip: Our room facing the Ferris Wheel, during the evening when all light up, it's really a sight to s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ricky P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Alvin R,

THANK YOU SO MUCH, for this great review about our location, we really are proud of our place in the Downtown Area and its absolutely wonderful to hear actual guest spread the word about our general vicinity. I appreciate that you took the time to share and I hope you'll come back to see us soon.

Thanks and take care,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Do not try to check in before 3. Apparently and magically all rooms become clean at 3.
Cannot believe not one room was cleaned between 11 and 3 and then miraculously they are all available at 3.
Don't know what type of room tracking system Holiday Inn uses but they need to upgrade to this century.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ricky P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Brad N,

I'm so sorry that we did not check you in a timely manner after your initial arrival, early check-in is a courtesy we offer all our guest when possible, however as you can imagine it sometimes can become a challenge during very busy times in our convention area. I want you to know we value your business, and will make every effort in the future to have rooms cleaned, inspected and ready for you and all patrons as quickly as possible.

Thank you for reaching out to me, and I wish you the best of future travels,
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I cannot begin to convey how impressed I was with the staff at this hotel. The front desk was organized and friendly upon arrival (we had a group of 95), the engineering team and housekeeping were fast and friendly as we filled our 34 rooms (it was 10pm). Our stay was last minute as another hotel in the area where we had had reservations for over a month was unable to accommodate us. The Holiday Inn breakfast staff was wonderful, from the F&B Director to every server and hostess in the restaurant. The chefs were quick and friendly and served delicious meals. I highly recommend The Holiday Inn Downtown Atlanta! We were able to walk to Centennial Park, The World of Coke etc. Amazing location!! Cannot wait to go back with my family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ricky P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Paige,

Thank you so much for the kind review!!! We love our guest and I'm happy to hear our staff took care of you so well. I hope you can visit us again and until then I wish you the best of travels.

Thanks again,
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

The only reason I am taking time to write review on trip advisor is because my experience with the staff, especially Front Desk agent Gigi, was top notch. My room was not ready upon check in, Gigi was very responsive and quickly found me another. She went above and beyond to resolve situation, even though I was not even upset. She was on duty when I checked out and again was overly nice and made me feel appreciated as a guest. Also really appreciate Marvin at valet. Great guy and always helpful. Will definitely stay there again if in area.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear David1836,

Thank you so much for the kind words about Gigi at our front desk and Marvin with our valet staff. They are both superstars in our hotel and I'm glad you got a great experience from them while staying with. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again and I appreciate your business and support.

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!