“Great Location, Average Stay, Staff....Hmm” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Andrew Young International Boulevard, Atlanta, GA 30303 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #115 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Location, Average Stay, Staff....Hmm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed one night only for the last night of our family's US vacation. (Party of 5 - 3 rooms)
On arrival, check-in went smoothly (or so we thought) we had reserved 2 doubles & a twin and this was shown on the booking but when we got to our rooms we had 3 doubles. (3 of us in one room....) After not believing me that there was only one bed in our room, the lady in reception eventually and reluctantly gave us another room, but not on the Priority Club floor (so what? I couldn't see a difference, other than a bed for our son in this room!)
Settled into our new room, I checked the invoice but the rate was higher than the confirmation email I had. I went back down to reception to query. She told me she had the correct rate and I must be mistaken! Back up to the room to get my laptop and back down to show her the email. Her (IHG) system had added an extra person charge for the 2 single occupancy rooms. This was apparently my fault for not booking correctly online, despite me having the correct details and total amount on my confirmation email! Eventually got it sorted out and a got a voucher for a free drink in the bar for my trouble.
The rest of the stay was uneventful, other than when I went for a late-night walk after the rest of the family had retired and when I returned to the Hotel, someone else was coming out as I was going in, I moved slightly to one side, just as the sliding door closed giving me quite a bang on the head! (I know, clumsy so & so! ) One of the desk staff came running over, "very kind" I thought, but he ran past me to check his sliding door!! Kinda sums up the stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Check your bill!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Thai first
Gatineau
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed there 4 nights in January 2012. OK, this hotel is not the Ritz Carlton but it is a good value hotel extremely well located. You can walk easily to the most famous attractions: Coca Cola World, Georgia Aquarium, Children Museum, CNN Tour, Philipps Arena, Georgia Dome, Georgia World Congress. If you need to go elsewhere you can use MARTA transportation system which is very easy of use for only 2,50$ each way. The room was very clean with comfy bed. Bathroom products were Bath and Body Works which I appreciated. The only 2 bad things I can note are that the phone was not working in my room for my entire stay and the free in room Wi-Fi has very poor connectivity. I would probably stay there again as this is a reasonable hotel, clean and very well located.

Room Tip: Ask a room with a view on the Olympic Centennial Park.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights in January 2012. Rates were pretty high, but room was clean and everything was in working order. Guests had to pay $20 additional for parking, and were then expected to tip the valets on top of that, which is always annoying. The location was good. There was a Seasons restaurant inside the hotel but we didn't eat there after seeing that breakfast buffet was $14 per person. Unless they had a weekend with really good rates, I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I made reservations in early november for new years eve. When we arrived, I was informed that my reservations had been canceled .... I showed them my confirmation and just stood there waiting. Finally the lady called the manager over and after complaining about already being in hot water up to her head, she gave us a room. It was very clean and a nice location but a bit of a hassle to check in.

• Stayed December 2011
Hendersonville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Due to the location, I stayed at this Holiday Inn in December. Out of two elevators, only one of them worked. The rooms were very small with an outdated appearance. I had already booked three other nights for January and decided not to cancel that reservation.

For the January reservation, there was confusion with the check in process and it appears the front desk employees need much better training. On the first night, only one elevator worked! This was unacceptable for a hotel that was near capacity. A few days later, both elevators were broke down. Having an 11th floor room without convenient access does not work out very well. The hotel also ran out of the shampoo they leave in the rooms. The rooms are expensive and parking is $20 per night.

I stay at Holiday Inn hotels over 100 nights per year and this one does not meet the standard I am used to with Holiday Inns. I am actually surprised they are still a Holiday Inn.

Do yourself a favor and stay at one of the other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Due to numerous elevator issues, choose a lower floor room. This will save climbing many stairs!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn several times to visit the DragonCon convention that's in downtown Atlanta each Labor Day weekend. It's far more affordable than most of the other hotels in the Peachtree Center area, while still providing clean and comfortable rooms. It's also only a few blocks from most of the downtown sites and the Peachtree Center MARTA station, and I'd suggest taking that to reach the hotel, as the parking fees are large.

This past time, I shared a room with three other adults and their luggage, which made the room feel cramped, but when I've stayed with just one other person, there's been plenty of room.

There was a football game going on in Atlanta the same weekend, and you could hear street noise from the tailgaters and music playing from Centennial Olympic Park. The staff was professional and courteous, and the restaurant is a nice option for lunches or dinners without having to leave the hotel.

I plan to stay at this Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Our GPS could not find the exact address and the valet stated most cannot but if you follow International Boulevard toward Centennial Olympic Park you can not miss the hotel. The hotel it is across the street from the park and international boulevard turns into a brick drive through the park. Also within walking distance of the Georgia Aquarium and World of Coca Cola. Our room was very clean and spacious. We had a family in a non-smoking room that had to move because of cigarette smoke smell. The hotel was accommodating and move us up several floors. It turns out smokers would stand out on the outside stairway to smoke and talk on their cell phones and the smoke would blow into the room. We could also smell the tail-gate b-b-q in the public parking lot down below before the Falcons game so the rooms are not air tight. The valet staff was very helpful not only parking our car but helping with our luggage cart.
Of note although we did not leave anything of real value in our car we feel someone did look through the map pockets at least. Because the paper work normally stored in the pocket and has never fell out before was not in the pocket when we picked up the car but between the seat and the door. Someone pulled the maps etc. out but when they went to replace it they missed the pocket. We did not notice until we had arrived at the aquarium after checking out. Just food for thought when they say do not leave valuables in valet parked cars.

Room Tip: Nonsmoking room can pick up smoke from smokers on outside stairs. Choose a nonsmoking room away fro...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta Downtown? Share your experiences!