“Good value for great Atlanta location” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2535 Chantilly Dr Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30324   |
Ranked #119 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
Clarkesville, Georgia
“Good value for great Atlanta location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The location of this hotel is hard to beat -- easy access to I-85 and close to midtown. Rooms are clean and comfortable with flat screen TV. Staff is helpful. Breakfast is not too exciting, but works in a pinch. Book in advance to get a better rate. Also has a good senior discount. I stay here every time I have to work in town.

Room Tip: Room right next door to the ice machine can be a bit noisy -- would recommend avoiding that one.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We selected this property because of its proximity to attractions. This location is very convenient to many points of interest in Atlanta. We initially arrived to the property at night and passed Chantilly Drive several times. The hotel is not well-lighted and the street sign is hidden by a tree. The hotel signage was not visible from Cheshire Bridge Road. The hotel is actually behind a storage unit business. This was my first pet friendly property. I do not own a pet, but I can definitely understand the value pet owners will find in booking this hotel. To my surprise, there were no animal odors in the public areas I frequented! Staff members informed me that travelers are not charged extra when they bring their pets. The staff was very friendly and helpful during our stay. Mini refrigerators and microwaves are available on a first come first serve basis. The free breakfast offers typical fare (fresh fruit, yogurt, boiled eggs, bagels, cereal, juice, milk, etc.) with one exception, you can make your own fresh waffles with the batter and waffle maker supplied. The microwave in the breakfast area next to the lobby can be used by guests who do not have a microwave in their room. Overall, this is a great place for budget conscious travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I called this hotel specifically because I wanted a king with a roll away because my husband and I are not comfortable in a double after a 7 hour drive and we had our son with us. When I made the reservation, I was not told that my request would be noted but it would depend on demand. Of course when I arrived, I was told that htere were only 2 roll aways for the proerty and there were in use. I was already speaking with the manager (supposedly) and all she offered was to call another hotel for me. We had to be somewhwere in an hour plus we had ourt dog with us so finding another hotel in that tight span would have been close to impossible. Thank goodness the people checking in right before me had a king with a pull out that they did not want. I took it. Much to our surprise when we got to the room and opened one of the closets.......a roll away was in there.

Room was ok except that the cleaning staff had not moved the furniture in a long time. We did to fit our dogs crate in the room. Wrappers and cig. butts under the couch. Carpet was dirty and nees to be cleaned. It was a very quiet building as you could not hear any hall noise at all. The room was very large.

For dogs, there is one small piece of grass and that is it. Good for small dogs but there is no where to walk a larger dog.

Room Tip: Pick an odd number room as you will not be facing the highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mishawaka, Indiana, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Was traveling south to north with my daughter and grandkids. I was presented with a promotion where you stayed two nights and got free night. So we decided to go La Quinta all the way. The hotel in Buckhead was very nice, the night front desk man very patient with my grandchildrens many requests. Breakfast was same boring fare as most places but plenty of it and clean dining.
Have been home for several weeks, still no news from LaQuinta with my free stay. Will not trust the organization again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Atl has grown and changed so much recently. I couldn't find a hotel close to my destination (St Josephs Hosp) that had rooms or a price I could afford. This hotel had easy access to I-85 and toll road 400. It only took 5 - 6 minutes to get where I needed to go. I was most pleased with my choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Atlanta Midtown/Buckhead? Share your experiences!