“A little hard to find” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3242 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #73 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Georgia
“A little hard to find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding weekend and got some great rates. The rooms are sizable but the closets and the bathrooms are smallish. They have a great breakfast buffet and food downstairs most of the times. It is basically self park in a parking deck right there. To get to the hotel entrance you have to turn off Peachtree Street and know where to turn.

All in all not bad deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not as clean as other hotels in its class. The shower is tiled, but the staff apparently chose to not thoroughly clean the shower and leave mold behind. Likewise, the bowls at breakfast had food remaining in "clean" plates. Also, coffe and tea service is not complimentary other than breakfast hours. Overall, lack of cleanliness made the stay disappointing. Other hotels in this business traveler class have higher standards when it comes to cleanliness. Front desk staff, however, were kind and hospitable.

• Stayed February 2013
Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you've ever stayed at a Hyatt Place before, this one certainly fits the typical mold. I was staying here for a last-minute business trip and didn't have many options of where to stay. My room was decent enough, although the carpet was stained in places and the couch in the room was showing some serious wear. The bathroom toilet didn't flush well and the iron in the room had black crusty things stuck to it, which ended up ruining one of my white shirts (I did call housekeeping and they came up and gave me a new iron... too bad about my white shirt).

It was also really loud for a Wednesday night stay, with tons of hooting and hollering during the night (there's a bar right down the street) and many sirens. One plus is there is free parking and you can bring a gin and tonic from the downstairs bar up to your room.

Breakfast is the morning was really disgusting, and I'm not that fussy when it comes to breakfast food. The oatmeal (one of the only really healthy options) tasted like glue. I ended up with OJ and a banana. If I'm in Atlanta again, I'll be looking elsewhere. Time for some upgrades, thorough cleaning and revamped breakfast offerings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past weekend for a quick trip out of Miami. The hotel is in a wonderful location, the heart of the Buckhead shopping and financial district. Parking and wifi were free, which was a big surprise compared to other hotels in the area. Also, the hotel breakfast was great for grabbing a quick bite and a coffee on our way out to site see. The Buckhead Marta trainsit station is about three blocks from the hotel and provides a great alternative to driving since Atlanta is pretty big and has lots of traffic. The hotel staff was polite and knowledgable, we were given a great restaurant recommendation to the Atlanta Fish Market and they made out reservation right there at the desk. Our room was very clean an there were no surprises or hassles to check-in or out. We will definitely be staying here again and checking out other Hyatt Place locations.

• Stayed February 2013
IRVINE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Service was lacking here, not all that special for a Hyatt-brand hotel. Response to problems wasn't handled particularly well. We had a group rate of $99 plus tax, and that seemed overpriced for the quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the last night of our road trip and after 3 weeks we were shattered and found the hotel very relaxing and in a nice area of Atlanta, the rooms were a good size and very clean.
The service was first class and unfortunately for me it was in close proximity to the shopping areas but good for the other half!
The parking was free for a change!
The breakfast was adequate but the eating area was a tad small.
If I were back in Atlanta I would use this place again.

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed at Hyatt Place for a week long business trip. I chose it because it had some of the cheapest rates in the Buckhead area, which included Internet, parking, and breakfast (big perks). Therefore, the value couldn't really be beat.

Other pros - the service was very friendly; they always greeted me when I came in or were happy to answer questions. Also, the lunch I ordered one day that I didn't want to leave hotel due to rain (I got the hummus plate and tomato soup off their new menu) was actually quite delicious. But that's where the pros stop...

The hallways smell like professional grade cleaner, or pool chlorine, or both, and my room smelled really stale and musty. It was so overwhelming the second day I came home that I bought a room freshener spray just to help a bit, since I had already unpacked all my stuff and didn't feel like moving. The "gym", which consists of 2 treadmills, an elliptical, and a bike, and that's it, smelled fine UNTIL they would randomly spray some orange creamsicle smelling stuff - maybe to "freshen" the gym to prevent sweaty smell; however, basically it felt like I was inhaling powdered orange sorbet. Also, as other reviews mention, their big flat screen TV was not HD and the picture was blurry and a bit orange at the top corner, like the TV has seen better days.

Lastly, the service has let me down - I left a scarf in the room and realized it in the airport. I called immediately, and they said they didn't have it. I asked them to please check again, as it has sentimental value, so they did and all of a sudden, why yes they have it! I asked for it to be sent, and she took my address and then halfway between taking my credit card number, she put me on hold for 5 minutes! When she finally came back, she basically rushed me off the phone and I should have figured that my scarf would never make it...here we are over 2 weeks later (when they apparently FedExed it 2 day) and I still don't have it. I called back yesterday - the girl apparently went to the back to look for it and said she would call me back, but I am still waiting.

So, if you need a cheap option with included internet/breakfast/parking, this is decent, but expect to get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead? Share your experiences!