“Great hotel for a weekend trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3242 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #73 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
Miami, Florida, United States
“Great hotel for a weekend trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past weekend for a quick trip out of Miami. The hotel is in a wonderful location, the heart of the Buckhead shopping and financial district. Parking and wifi were free, which was a big surprise compared to other hotels in the area. Also, the hotel breakfast was great for grabbing a quick bite and a coffee on our way out to site see. The Buckhead Marta trainsit station is about three blocks from the hotel and provides a great alternative to driving since Atlanta is pretty big and has lots of traffic. The hotel staff was polite and knowledgable, we were given a great restaurant recommendation to the Atlanta Fish Market and they made out reservation right there at the desk. Our room was very clean an there were no surprises or hassles to check-in or out. We will definitely be staying here again and checking out other Hyatt Place locations.

• Stayed February 2013

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
IRVINE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Service was lacking here, not all that special for a Hyatt-brand hotel. Response to problems wasn't handled particularly well. We had a group rate of $99 plus tax, and that seemed overpriced for the quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the last night of our road trip and after 3 weeks we were shattered and found the hotel very relaxing and in a nice area of Atlanta, the rooms were a good size and very clean.
The service was first class and unfortunately for me it was in close proximity to the shopping areas but good for the other half!
The parking was free for a change!
The breakfast was adequate but the eating area was a tad small.
If I were back in Atlanta I would use this place again.

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed at Hyatt Place for a week long business trip. I chose it because it had some of the cheapest rates in the Buckhead area, which included Internet, parking, and breakfast (big perks). Therefore, the value couldn't really be beat.

Other pros - the service was very friendly; they always greeted me when I came in or were happy to answer questions. Also, the lunch I ordered one day that I didn't want to leave hotel due to rain (I got the hummus plate and tomato soup off their new menu) was actually quite delicious. But that's where the pros stop...

The hallways smell like professional grade cleaner, or pool chlorine, or both, and my room smelled really stale and musty. It was so overwhelming the second day I came home that I bought a room freshener spray just to help a bit, since I had already unpacked all my stuff and didn't feel like moving. The "gym", which consists of 2 treadmills, an elliptical, and a bike, and that's it, smelled fine UNTIL they would randomly spray some orange creamsicle smelling stuff - maybe to "freshen" the gym to prevent sweaty smell; however, basically it felt like I was inhaling powdered orange sorbet. Also, as other reviews mention, their big flat screen TV was not HD and the picture was blurry and a bit orange at the top corner, like the TV has seen better days.

Lastly, the service has let me down - I left a scarf in the room and realized it in the airport. I called immediately, and they said they didn't have it. I asked them to please check again, as it has sentimental value, so they did and all of a sudden, why yes they have it! I asked for it to be sent, and she took my address and then halfway between taking my credit card number, she put me on hold for 5 minutes! When she finally came back, she basically rushed me off the phone and I should have figured that my scarf would never make it...here we are over 2 weeks later (when they apparently FedExed it 2 day) and I still don't have it. I called back yesterday - the girl apparently went to the back to look for it and said she would call me back, but I am still waiting.

So, if you need a cheap option with included internet/breakfast/parking, this is decent, but expect to get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Stuart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great location. Visited Stone Mountain, World of Coke, The Aquarium saw The Falcons play The Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Never a dull moment. Fabulous local seafood restaurants within walking distance. Truly a beautiful city that we will visit again.

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We used this hotel for our wedding block. They made this process easy and gave us a great rate.
Parking and breakfast were included!
We even got a free room for filling our block.
Communication was easy and polite between myself and the staff.
Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Norwalk, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel has a very friendly staff. The room is a very nice size, the bed comfortable, and the separate sink area convenient when 2 people are getting ready to go out. The location is great and the free parking a plus. Now for the cons - I could not get anything on my phone using their internet. I mistakenly thought we wouldn't get traffic noise on the seventh floor, but we did. It's probably better on the north side of the building, but we were the last room on the south side near Peachtree and it is a very busy street. As for the free breakfast, other reviews left me uncertain as to what to expect. Understand that this is a continental breakfast - cereal, small pastry, breakfast sandwich (dry), and bread with butter and jelly available. If there was anything else, I don't know - my husband checked it out. We did the free breakfast the first morning, bought a yogurt parfait the second, and then went out.

For the area, the price is reasonable and it is one of a very few hotels that doesn't charge $20 for parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead? Share your experiences!