“So accommodating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead

You added Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3242 Peachtree Road Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30305 (Buckhead)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #87 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“So accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We used this hotel for our wedding block. They made this process easy and gave us a great rate.
Parking and breakfast were included!
We even got a free room for filling our block.
Communication was easy and polite between myself and the staff.
Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Norwalk, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel has a very friendly staff. The room is a very nice size, the bed comfortable, and the separate sink area convenient when 2 people are getting ready to go out. The location is great and the free parking a plus. Now for the cons - I could not get anything on my phone using their internet. I mistakenly thought we wouldn't get traffic noise on the seventh floor, but we did. It's probably better on the north side of the building, but we were the last room on the south side near Peachtree and it is a very busy street. As for the free breakfast, other reviews left me uncertain as to what to expect. Understand that this is a continental breakfast - cereal, small pastry, breakfast sandwich (dry), and bread with butter and jelly available. If there was anything else, I don't know - my husband checked it out. We did the free breakfast the first morning, bought a yogurt parfait the second, and then went out.

For the area, the price is reasonable and it is one of a very few hotels that doesn't charge $20 for parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I decided to spend the last weekend of 2012 at the Hyatt Place Buckhead. I have stayed at this property in the past for many reasons. Free Parking, Free Highspeed Internet. Great Brewery/Pub right outside the door. Close to many things in Buckhead, with the ability to have a shuttle take you to many of the eateries and malls in the area. Across the brand, Hyatt has really made strides with the Hyatt Place name in not only making it a better alternative to other budget brands, but also one of the best alternatives to the other business brands. One of the strides is a fully integrated Audio Visual interface that allows you to connect your iPad or Lap top, or other devices to the large screen TV in the room. Great for presentations and the such.

This interface was one of the main reasons why I selected the HP over Embassy Suites, or the Grand Hyatt and Westin, which was closer to the "heart of Buckhead."

Checking in was effortless, and we were able to get two rooms right next to each other. The front desk staff is REALLY friendly and helpful. And while all of them were always smiling and helpful, Arianna (I think that is her name) REALLY stood out and probably kept me sane as the stay started go from great to "oh what now?"

I like that the HP has now taken points from the higher end of the brand such as the Andaz and now the front desk act as a concierge checkin in a way and come from around the desk to hand you your room key and give you a mini tour of the facilities, instead of just pointing. But if you are in a rush and want to save time, you can still check in and check out at the kiosks.

I had three main issues during this stay though, and why the low marks. As I told the young lady when I was checking out, this was the worst stay I have ever had at this HP, or any other for that matter. Yet, they probably have one of the best front desk staff that I have seen in a long time.

1) The main purpose I selected this property was because of the audio/visual set up. The first room that we checked into, the connection was not receiving power. I put the trouble call in, and 6 hours later when we got back to the room, the only thing that was done by the Maintenance was put an extension cord to the desk. When the maintenance came back to the room, the guy simply told me, "oh, it doesn't work." REALLY? I don't know too many people that put in trouble calls for working items. He then said that they would have to remove the wall to access the power for it. Which frustrated me even more, because while I would probably assume, that 80% of the guests that stay at the property never even use the connection, for the 20% that does, what then? Really would you like to get on an airline that only got to the destination, 80% of the time?

The front desk was expeditious in giving us another room on the same floor, but because of the time, was unable to keep us and our guest together, which I understood. When we got to the second room, there was power to the switchboard, except this time, the board was not connected to the TV. I did manage to get it working correctly and was able to use it.

2)One of the perks of the Gold Passport program with Hyatt was the ability to have a late check out of 4pm which is one of the most awesome things out there in my opinion. Especially on late travel days. The ability to go out and sleep in the next day, makes for a very restful stay. That is until you get a knock on the door that has DND on it at 1220p asking if you are checking out. I told him that we had a late check out, and had no more issues and went downstairs to verify so. Got the new keys for our room and our guests' room after finding out that their door was knocked on as well. What became down right unbearable though is that our guests had two more calls and an entry, even with the DND on the door.

3)Entry on a DND without calling to the room first, I think is unacceptable. I did not find out about it until we were well on the road, or I would have turned around as well.

That being said, the young lady on checkout did all I felt she could, and within 20 minutes, the Property manage had called me on my cell phone to try and make it right. I can't say that I would never stay at this property again, and because of the service, I would even STILL recommend the property, but really hope that this property can not only get refreshed in its rooms, as it is one of the older HPs in the brand, but also have some training done with the support staff. The Maintenance and the Housekeeping staff are just as important, if not more vital as the front desk/service staff as far as customer experience goes.

p.s. and while it isn't as big as the three things I mentioned, I ordered a Chocolate Lava Cake from the desk. She was about to serve it cold, REALLY? Even when she heated it up, the lava never melted. Let's work on that.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that end with 14/16 for they are right behind the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I just left this hotel on yesterday and its a VERY nice hotel. There was a lot of things I liked about this hotel and few things that I disliked! I liked the fact that it is 5 min from everything downtown Its one turn from Peimont ave which takes you anywhere downtown in mins! I also liked that it was VERY up to date! The rooms look EXACTLY like the pictures and the self parking was a huge success since most places you have to pay for parking. The room was spacious and if your travelng with kids you would have enough room to seperate you from the kids. The ONLY thing I didnt care for was the bed! It killed our backs the firs night so we slept on the sleeper sofa the second night! The breakfast was not a breakfast I dont know what to call it PLUS other guest were picking up things with their hands and not the tongs so I think they need someone there watching that. All and all this was a nice hotel EVERYONE is VERY helpful

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a great stay here. I am very picky on my hotels and this place lived up to my standards! The room was very clean and spacious! The hotel staff were all helpful and polite.

Great location: There is a brewery/resturant is next door which is convienent. Buckhead area was a safe, fun area to stay in.
Free shuttle service: quick and helpful
Fee Parking
Free breakfast.
Great price

Room Tip: Choose a room on floor 5 or up
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nicely presented hotel with friendly staff. I would have given an excellent rating however when I checked in and went to my room the bed looked as though someone had been laying on the bed under the cover (not between the sheets). As I was checking in very early I guessed that this would be fixed before that night. It wasn't and when I went to shower I found there were no bath towels only hand towels.

I expect a little better from Hyatt.

Overall this is a very nice hotel with big rooms, a reasonable breakfast and good parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at Hyatt Place Buckhead for a couple of nights and thought it was decent, but lacking in a couple of areas.

What we liked:
(1) Free self-parking.
(2) Spacious, comfortable rooms with lots of counter space.
(3) Good rates for the area.
(4) Convenient location.
(5) Lobby was peaceful when we passed through and halls remained pretty quiet, although one evening, there was a noise like vacuuming. I have no idea what it was, but it didn't go on very long.

What we didn't like:
(1) Level of clean:
Little bits of stuff on the carpet and a disturbing 4 hairs on the sheets our first night.
(2) Noises:
A couple of times both nights there was a LOUD buzzing through the TV, disruptive enough to garble the picture and make us scramble for the "mute". It seemed like it was interference from something else, but not sure what.
Air conditioner kept us up the first night. Second night we turned the fan from "AUTO" to "ON" mode and that reduced the noise from it kicking on and turning off.
(3) Breakfast:
More like a continental breakfast. Egg-cheese-meat sandwiches were under a warming light, but no supply of just eggs or just sausage.
(4) Service:
My request for freshly changed sheets (remember the hairs?) was followed with an "uh huh", then a lot of silence, then "anything else?".

Other thoughts:
Windows do not open so if you like it cool at night you may need the A/C, even during cooler months.

Finally:
Because of the hairs in the bed and the reaction to my only request I hesitate to recommend it, although if it were not for those things I would give it a higher rating.

Room Tip: If you want A/C on, turn the fan to "ON" through the night so that it makes less noise whe...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Buckhead? Share your experiences!