“Excellent Bistro” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peasant Bistro - CLOSED

Peasant Bistro
250 Park Avenue West, Suite 104, Atlanta, GA 30313 (Grant Park)
404-230-1724
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Grant Park
Cross street: Baker St
Transit: We are easy to get to from either the Peachtree Center station on the north/south line or the Omni/GWCC station on the east/west line.
Chapel Hill
“Excellent Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stopped here just before 6pm on a weekday; not too crowded. Our waiter was consistently attentive and helpful. We had the salmon and a chicken dish - both good choices. Portions not large, but what you would expect at a Bistro. Tables are available outside overlooking Olympic Park.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Woking, United Kingdom
“Tasteful bistro, food good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Friendly service, tastefully designed and smart casual ambience set our expectations high. The food was good but could have been better. The bourguignon was with fresh, well prepared vegetables but not quite enough sauce and not as rich as you would expect of a bourguignon. The steak and frites were also good but a little over salted. The tarte au citron was the disappointment of the night because the pastry was as hard as rock rather than crunchy and crispy. Good rather than average, but not very good.

Visited November 2012
Clearwater, Florida
“Lovely Restaurant, Delicious Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

You can't go wrong with a Peasant restaurant in Atlanta. This was our first time to the Peasant Bistro downtown. We went on a Monday night, a little early. It was not crowded at all. We sat upstairs. It was nice and quiet and well lit. The waiter was very attentive. The food was delicious though some of the portions were small. Two of us had scallops, one had chicken and one had beef shortrib bourguignon. The bourguignon was short on beef and long on noodles. They also have a nice wine list. Overall, we enjoyed it very much.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Good attempt, but not quite a fine dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I visited Peasant Bistro recently to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Having lived in Northern Europe, we were excited to be tasting some fine French food along with some fine dining customer service. The food overall was really good, but the service was spotty. Our server was pleasant but I couldn't shake the feeling that he was just counting the hours 'til closing. The candle on our table remained unlit until halfway through our appetizer course. The appetizers were the best part of the meal! I chose the duck confit which was a very generous portion that was served with a fig mille feuille that was the perfect flavor compliment. The duck was perfectly cooked. My husband was really pleased with his foie gras, which incidentally did not arrive until I was halfway finished with my duck. It's these little missteps that add up and ultimately take away from the whole experience. I chose the scallops provencal which were perfecting cooked and flavored, very good. My husband was not as pleased with the steak, saying it was an inferior cut for the price. We opted to share the profiteroles for dessert as they are a good indicator that the chef knows French cooking (in our opinion). The cream puffs were fine, but the lack of chocolate sauce was SAD! And we were sad as a result! But the restaurant comped the dessert because I had told them it was our anniversary, which was a nice gesture.

Overall, the restaurant was pleasant, the ambiance was elegant and low lit, (although the music choice was a little strange: 70s funk, which I happen to like). The wine list was varied albeit small. Would be a nice romantic outing in downtown Atlanta. Hopefully their staff will step it up and offer service at the same level as the food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jefferson, Georgia
“It was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband has the BLT and it was made with fried green tomatoes and was phenominal!! I had soup, and it was a cold soup that tasted like salad dressing. There was other things on the menu I would like to try so we would go back. Its definitely a bistro type style.

Visited December 2011