“Great southern sunday brunch in a quirky setting” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sun in My Belly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 3,424 restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, European, Delicatessen, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Murray Hill Ave
Transit: Sun in my Belly is conveniently located one block west of the East Lake MARTA station.
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Great southern sunday brunch in a quirky setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I just arrived in Atlanta and was looking for a place for sunday brunch and ended up here- the cafe is in an old building on a side street on the edge of a residential neighborhood- very quirky little place, kind of how I imagined a typical southern cafe, with the water in the mason jars and the rags hanging from the ceiling. Yes, you have to wait, but they have this wonderful seating area with couches and coffee/end tables where you can enjoy your coffee while you wait. The food was good, although the biscuits weren't anything to write home about. Definitely check it out- it was a great experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia
“Great brunch spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband, friend, and I were spent the weekend in Atlanta visiting some friends who live there. We had a Saturday morning brunch at this restaurant. The wait was about 40 minutes for 5 people but it was worth the wait! The mimosas and food was delicious! I had the Kirkwood breakfast, loved the eggs and bacon! My husband and his friends all got sandwiches, and commented on how much they enjoyed their food. The next we’re back in Atlanta, we definitely want to come back to this place. The service was great, and the prices were reasonable. Enjoy!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stopped here halfway through our Sunday bike ride for brunch/breakfast and it will now be a favorite. We sat outside on the patio and I enjoyed the delicious Belly Benedict, seasoned with a bit of spice, cooked exactly as I asked, and with a melt in your mouth buttermilk biscuit. Very good latte. Service was good. The Marta train whizzing by from time to time could be a little jarring but did not detract from the food - or our plan to return for dinner.

Largo, Florida
“Don’t We all Need more Sun in our Bellies?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Sun in My Belly is located in a cool neighborhood location just west of downtown Decatur. The setting is fun, the servers are friendly and the food is delicious. The salmon entrée was especially wonderful. We were also very favorably with the reasonable prices. I would definitely like to return for their popular breakfasts. I need some more Sun in My Belly!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stopped here for breakfast. I had scrambled eggs, biscuit, and bacon. Pretty standard, but each item had a little extra that made it great.

Visited July 2013