“Enchanting” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Step into a world of magic and serenity at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, where features like the Fuqua Orchid Center treat visitors to a rare collection of high-elevation orchids never before grown in the southeast.
Austin, Texas
“Enchanting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

For me, the botanical gardens provided a sweet escape from the hubbub of downtown Atlanta. Nestled in nature and trees, I could find my favorite bench, walk the grounds and simply be. Perfect for healing and inspiration.

• Polish first
Daytona Beach, Florida
12 attraction reviews
“Hadn't planned to go and SO glad we did!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

We decided to go to ABG at the spur of the moment. We were staying in a downtown hotel, so we took MARTA to Arts Center station and then caught the 36 bus. This was very easy to do on the way there but on the way back we found it was a 40 minute wait for the bus, so we hoofed it- it took a long time. Anyway, that was pretty much my only negative comment and I included it only for informative purposes for other visitors who don't have a car or want to taxi. I thought the gardens were very lovely, well maintained, enjoyed the canopy walk and the tropical/greenhouse/oirchid section the most. AAA discount was helpful (2 dollars off each). The swings near the rose garden are peaceful and lovely. Would visit again. It is not nearly as large as some other gardens I have visited (Keukenhof, Butchart) but it is lovely for what it is and very much recommended.

Dallas
77 attraction reviews
“Go for the orchids not the canopy walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

We finished out our City pass exploration with a visit to the botanical gardens. It was fun to wander through and check things out. The orchid center was definitely worth the trip --- it was really cool. I don’t know that I’ve seen that many different orchids in one place anywhere in the US. The canopy walk was a different view, but wasn’t all that exciting. Normal admission is $15. For a local, it would be a great place for a picnic!

Atlanta
5 attraction reviews
“Just ok - better off doing something else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We live in North Atlanta, and had not been in 4-5 years. We had a coupon so we thought we'd give it a try.
We get there and 'Kelly' at the front informs us that the $2 off coupon is only good for one person. Give me a break! So you have to bring a stack of $2 coupons for a family?
I tried to argue the point, but Kelly could care less. We were not customers, we were a nusiance.
So not off to a good start.
As we were walking the trails, my wife pointed out that the Fernbank walks were nicer, and free.
We had recently been to Callaway gardens and even got a hotel night for $99. It was gorgeous there, and they don't stick it to you for parking.
To be fair, the Gardens at the 'Botanical Gardens' are nice, and the enclosed areas are nice as well. If you live in Atlanta and have never done it before, it maybe worth trying once. For us it is 45 minutes away, and there are too many other places we'd rather go.
The reviewer who said it was expensive and was done in 3 hours was spot on. We did it in about 2 1/2 with 2 adults and a 9 year old.
My wife asked if I was disappointed, and I replied it was ok, but it will be another 5 years before we go back.

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Canopy overrated ..... June is probably not the best time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Enjoyed gardens and conservatory. Canopy was disappointing, Better to go when flowers are blooming.