“Great zoo!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoo Atlanta

Zoo Atlanta
800 Cherokee Ave, Atlanta, GA 30315 (Grant Park)
404 624 5600
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This extraordinary zoo, one of the oldest in the U.S., underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in the 1980s and is still expanding. Its landscaping replicates the natural habitats of the numerous animals, some of which are endangered species. Two panda bears from China delight the crowds, and groups of gorillas separated by moats do their own share of entertaining.
Greenville, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Great zoo!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Drove down here from the Carolinas to check out the zoo and we were not disappointed at all. We arrived in the morning and stayed till almost closing time, and we were barely able to see everything, I still think we missed a few things. Lots to see and do!!

The animals looked great, their areas for living looked pretty good. The only animal in the zoo that we felt sorry for was the elephant. He was by himself and had his head just sitting against a rock. All the other animals in the zoo were in packs or groups and seemed much happier. They need to add another elephant or something, but what do I know.

There were lots of animals of all shapes and sizes to see. There is no lack of beauty here. They have a lot of information posted by each animal which is interesting for those who like to learn more, such as which ones are endangered and specific reasons why. There is also some fun stuff for younger ones such as a bounce house which requires a ticket, (all rides require a ticket, which is $2.50 I believe) a 5 minute train ride, and a carousel. They also have some places to eat, we stopped at the pizza place and were all surprised that the pizza was actually really good. The gift shop is nice, lots of choices but cramped in parts. I think their selection of stuff to choose from was fun. The people we ran into or talked to that worked there were very friendly and helpful. There is also two shows offered to see which is a bird show and a reptile show. We got into the place late due to crazy parking so we had to pick one show to see and chose the reptile show, I would not recommend it. I don't know how good the bird show is, but it has to be better than the reptile one. They show you one snake and then a possum, bugs, and rats. We were hoping to see more reptiles.

Overall we all enjoyed this zoo, I highly recommend it for a day outing with or without kids. The only thing we did not like was the parking situation, there was absolutely no where to park. It was crazy and people were getting mean and honking and fighting in the lot. It was silly. I think they need to find a way to expand the parking somehow.

Hiram, Georgia
29 attraction reviews
“Clean, but small zoo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I went to this zoo when I was a little girl and I remember it being much bigger. I guess it was because I was a lot smaller and younger. I took my daughter and she had a good time. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly, however there just wasn't much to see. The lions weren't out and there were several exhibits that were closed. The animals that were out and the easiest to see were the elephants, giraffes, pandas, and gorillas. Don't get me wrong, there were other animals, such as birds and goats, but we didn't come here for that. We went to the St. Louis Zoo in August and it is 4 times bigger and better than this one. I don't think we will be going back here any time soon, if at all.

Visited November 2013
Columbus, OH
9 attraction reviews
“Small zoo, but unique animals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The zoo is not large, but offers a unique collection of animals. There are your staples (giraffe, elephant, etc.), but also an interesting collection of birds, reptiles, and of course, the pandas. The zoo is easy to navigate by walking, offers several free shows and demonstrations throughout the day, and is surrounded by a very nice park. The staff were courteous and friendly. Overall, it was a very pleasant visit.

Greenville, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
“Best zoo we have ever been to :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a great zoo to visit for all ages. The animal displays are great, because they showcase the animals in an environment that seems real. Awesome lion exhibit. The male lion in the pack got up on the rock and roared when we were there; just like the Lion King! The pink flamingos are beautiful. There are so many snakes on display that I had to keep walking, because it was so creepy. My kids got to see one eat a mouse! We were there for well over three hours and had a great time :)

Reading, Pennsylvania
52 attraction reviews
“Giant Panda worth the price of admission”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Atlanta Zoo has wonderful exhibits that get you up close to the animals. These exhibits include apes, monkeys, giraffes, zebras, rhinos, just to name a few. However, the real gem at Zoo Atlanta is the Giant Panda exhibit. The exhibit includes 3 pandas that are in glass enclosures really close to visitors. These pandas are highly visible on their tree trunks. The one panda was busy eating bamboo and walking around that he passed directly in front of me, only separated by a piece of glass. That was awesome. The pandas are most active early in the morning (when I visited) or early evening. The panda cubs will be on exhibit November or December. Zoo Atlanta also has an excellent children's area complete with a carousel and train. My family and I spent about 3.5 hours here.