“A perfect ten year anniversary honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“A perfect ten year anniversary honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

From the moment we were met at our car by the valets to finding a handwritten card in our room from the manager wishing us a happy anniversary along with a beautiful chocolate mouse with shimmering sugar, this hotel experience was an education in "how the other half lives" (more like the half a percent!). It was simply flawless. One must accept that the entire experience is going to gouge your pocketbook and gouge it very well, but if you can suspend your horror and enjoy every little luxury, you will have a full time job because there are so many luxuries to enjoy! One of the great joys - and great pocketbook gougers - was room service. They have a wonderful menu of popcorn and snacks like terra chips to accompany (the also pocketbook gouging) movie selection. We also indulged in a spa treatment each. I could have left after just putting on the luxe bathrobes in the spa and felt pampered, but I got a facial with Angela which was just envigorating and lovely. My husband, a spa virgin when we arrived, had a very civilized experience having the exfoliating pedicure. We were jello after that and returned to our room and dropped into those gazillion count sheets to recover. The hotel has such a tranquil and pampering that to have a spa treatment feels like serious exertion. Later in the afternoon we discovered the cool breezy porch off the bar and had some bellinis and mojitos. The hotel is in walking distance to fantastic shopping (both Lenox and Phipps malls) as well as tons of restaurants. We had sushi at MF Buckhead and then had drinks at Whiskey Blue across the street at the W. Every single hotel employee seemed to have mastered the art of courtesy and attentiveness all while respecting your space and not being intrusive or over the top. All in all it was an altogether divine way to part with a nice chunk of change in honor of our ten year anniversary.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
St Louis Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

This is an elegant hotel that pays attention to detail. As soon as we pulled up we were treated like royalty. Every front desk attendant went out of their way to make us feel special with a friendly greeting and made sure every request we had was immediately acted upon.

The exterior

The Mansion on Peachtree is an Atlanta boutique hotel in the affluent neighborhood of Buckhead. American architect, Robert A. Stern designed this high slender 42-story property from classically inspired limestone and cast stone for dramatic effect. The property amenities include a dining room, a fitness center, a swimming pool, room service, and high-speed Internet. The hotel also offers a business center, meeting rooms, and interior corridors.

Room

The soft and squishy king size bed. Loved it! The rooms are comfy and spacious with very comfortable beds, top notch lines, and wonderful down filled pillows. Just a helpful hint the TV is located behind the picture. Point the remote at the bottom corner and click. The picture will slide and the TV will appear.

Bathroom

The bathroom was enormous and well appointed. Huge soaking tub in front of a flat screen tv, double vanities, and a stand up shower big enough for two.

Restaurant

NEO

The NEO restaurant is also top notch for breakfast, lunch or and dinner! A warm, upscale, contemporary Italian restaurant. The soothing English Garden is a lovely background for any time of day. Breakfast fare is fairly standard, reaching to the level of eggs Benedict for its most daring dish. Lunch is salads and panini, with some delectable options such as the fried calamari and artichokes. The first-rate Roma soup with basil is offered at both lunch and dinner. Pastas shine, especially the Maine lobster pappardelle with lemon grass, an unexpected flavor in an Italian dish. Be sure to call ahead for reservations. Breakfast for two was $49.00.

Craft

My expectations were too high and I really, really wanted to love Craft and, instead, paid a high price for less than special food. When our waiter approached us he seemed hurried with lack of knowledge. My husband and I decided to go with our instinct and order salmon which ended up not being anything special and short ribs which were a complete let down. The sides were average , but you have to pay extra for them Service turned from rushed to no service at all. Our beverage drinks sat empty and no one cared enough to ask how we were enjoying our meal. The only time I saw the waiter was when he took our order and after we requested our bill he flopped it onto the table. You are definitely paying for the chef's name, not the food. I was disappointed.

Room service.

We called on them every time our tummies growled for food, and they kept us filled with delicious vittles day and night.

Bar

The bar is on the smaller side and narrow, but very comfortable, warm and beautiful. . They have a great inventory of liquor, including hard-to-find/rare bottles such as Chartreuse PEV and make very tasty drinks (custom ones, too). Two of their specialties are the Lady Sapphire and the Bellini which I did not try, but will definitely do so in the future. Be warned though, prices are not for the faint of heart.

Be sure to ask for the ginger snap cookies. Wonderful!! As everything about Mansion on Peachtree exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

We were in Atlanta only for the weekend for a concert and I stumbled upon the website of this hotel. The reason I chose it was because it had a spa and we would be without kids and wanted some pampering. And we were not disappointed! This is one of the nicest hotels we have every stayed at, and we travel extensively. The staff at the front desk were so helpful and courteous, and we had requested an early checkin, which they were able to accomodate with no issues. The concierge was very helpful in finding us transportation and dinner reservations. We had a corner suite, which was very nice. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was very spacious and very clean. We made spa appointments and were so very glad that we did. We have been to many spas, and this ranks right up at the top of the list! The only downside to our trip was that it was very cold and rainy the entire time, so we could not get out and do much exploring on foot. But we made up for it by staying in our beautiful room and enjoying some movies on t.v.

The only complaint I have about our stay were our meals at Neo. We had lunch there the first day, which was nice, the food was good, but the service was a bit slow. Then for breakfast on our last stay we had to wait 15 minutes just for a waiter to acknowledge us. After that, it got a bit better, but not much and the food was only mediocre.

But overall, I would definitely go back, I would just not eat at Neo, as there are so many other wonderful restaurants in Atlanta to choose from anyway.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Girl_6385
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

This was my third time and while I can certainly rave about the concierge, there were issues with everyone else....checking in at 4:00 the room was not ready. I was using a program that offered upgrades but it was not mentioned to me and I had to ask. That room was also not ready and would take an hour. I opted to wait and I was walked to the bar and offered a complimentary cocktail. The room reeked of smoke and I was told this was due to people smoking on the balcony and the smoke filtering is and was promised they would send someone to spray a neutralizer. They never came.
The spa was an equally disappointing experience. Using the whirlpool at 9:30 in the morning there was a tray of washclothes but they were missing water and ice. I had to locate an attendant (I never saw one the whole 2 hours I was in the spa) the massage was okay but not great. I was a frequent guest of a close by chain and will be choosing them from now ow. The hotel also appears to be now catering to the african american community.....largely in the spa. This is not a problem but I did feel like I was tolerated only.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Central America
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

I booked this hotel after reading all of the showering of praise here at Trip Advisor. Things started falling apart when I tried to make a reservation with a special request for a limo to pick me up at the airport....no one ever got back to me...I had to call three times to finally get it right. When we did get there the service was much better though except for the snippy attitude with an employee in room service. We then stayed here a few weeks later and again we had another round with room service when we tried to order a bottle of wine upon arrival (the one in the room was corked) I was told that mostly 80% of the wines were not available and that they had new wines....I said to bring me a list...they didn't have one.....so they just brought "whatever". When I went to dinner at the restaurant they told me they had the wine I was looking for....(didn't understand why Snippy didn't offer it??) The next day our flight was canceled and I called downstairs to notify them of that around 5:00 AM and told them to keep me posted if they had information from the airport. . I then get a call a couple hours later that my limo was waiting to take me to the airport......? I said that they were aware that my flight was canceled!!! They told me I would have to pay a small fee for them coming to the hotel (even though I gave them three hours notice and NO flights were leaving Atlanta) ...I got home and sent an email explaining the situation and they have never responded to me to this day (just like when I tried to make the reservation) ....the charge is still on my bill for the whole amount. and I am going to have to report it to AMEX. The next day when I was checking out there was another guest in the lobby screaming at the top of his lungs at the front desk staff about how horrible the service was.....guess I wasn't the only one. The Neo restaurant was excellent and the Spa was also very good.....I am going to Atlanta again in June and I will not be staying here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Mansion for only one night, but it was a great experience. I am usually a stickler when it comes to staying in hotel rooms, but this hotel by far has increased my confidence in the hotel industry. This hotel prides itself on customer service, It was a shame that we only stayed for a night. The location is great, once we arrived to the hotel we dropped our bags and walked across the street to Lenox mall for some shopping at Macy's. The rooms are gorgeous, my only complaint was about our noisy neighbors, but the manager took care of that ASAP. I have never stayed a hotel that I felt like I short changed myself by not staying longer( especially after touring the 29 Spa). I really appreciated how the hotel payed attention to how special this trip was for my husband and I. I definitely recommend The Mansion. P.S. The Neo restaurant has great breakfast!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

Simply put, this hotel and its staff blew me away. After staying at a truly dismal hotel in Jacksonville, I was relieved to find myself in true luxury. Everything about is property was top-notch. I could go on and on about how great my experience was, but I’ll save that. I’ll just say that I recommend this for anybody who wants to know what it feels like to feel like a king.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta? Share your experiences!