“Great Room Better Service” 4 of 5 stars

Drive in, Stay Late Offer
Ranked #4 of 189 hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sunset, South Carolina
“Great Room Better Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was my first visit to this Hotel. As I pulled in to the "motor-court" I was greeted as I was a most important guest. The team at reception was great. Attentive and helpful. Friendly but respectful. The room was great-- the bed better. Everything was spotless. The bar staff was also "top-flight". The next morning I found that I needed a late checkout for myself and 2 traveling companions. Before I finished asking the request was granted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor and please continue to return often.

Sincerely

422 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I travel to Atlanta often for business and this is my go to palace. It is indeed my home away from home. The staff are amazing..the rooms are beautiful and very very clean. While there are other hotels on Peachtree which are nice - the customer service and friendly staff is what sets this hotel apart. There is a certain charm there. For me, this property, partially due to the staff, has its very own personality. I often joke that the entire staff must wait outside my room for me to call b/c seconds after putting down the phone - someone is already ringing the bell to cater to me. Oh and make sure you treat yourself - the spa is AH MAZING!! on my last trip I learned that one of the young women who work that has left t pursue a different career and I felt like I was missing a friend..lol.. the food is excellent - the drinks are WOO-HOO... do have the georgia peach..with a fresh slice of peach floating in the drink...yumm! I am VERY picky and HARD to please ( ask my friends and fam who still tolerate me) and this hotel does it for me...why are you still reading this review?? go on!.. book your room already!!!!

Room Tip: every room is beautiful for special occassions - book a tower room and hang out on your personal pat...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Still smiling after reading your review! Love especially the last sentence. Hope to have you back again soon. Thank you.!

Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I stayed at. Huge rooms with very spacious bathrooms and bathrobes, wonderful spa and swimming pool, unique breakfasts, very friendly staff and everything you would need for home away. Live music on Fridays in the bar and in front of nice restaurant. Few hundred meters away from MARTA (metro station) and about 2 minutes walk to Lenox Mall, if you would like to buy something for your family. Really huge recommendation, stay there if you are going to Atlanta. Also very fresh hotel with great taste in furnishing. Rather I quiet place, but you can get action close by. Thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thumbs up for your great review! Thanks so much. Please return soon.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Pros: Very lovely hotel and spacious room.
Great location; across from Lenox Mall. Basically attached to Del Friscos restaurant which has great food and drinks.
Nice bar with live jazz music.
We were celebrating my husbands birthday and they surprised him with a special complimentary birthday dessert in the room.

Cons: For the price of the room I was surprised there wasn't an iPod/iPhone docking station in the room as most nice hotels provide these in rooms now.
I left a necklace on the bathroom counter in the room. It wasn't until we were on our way home that I realized I had forgotten it. I immediately called the hotel to let them know exactly where I had left it and described the necklace. They checked with housekeeping but they said they didn't find anything. It was my fault for forgetting it but very disappointing to learn that someone took it instead of doing the right thing and turning it in especially in a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I appreciate your review and thank you for your feedback. I have checked with our security again and we still do not show that the piece of jewelry you described in November has been turned in to us. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will continue to visit Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta.

Sincerely, Robert Lowe, General Manager
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

As they would probably say in Atlanta "I really lucked out!" when I was allocated a room at this wonderful haven in Atlanta for our corporate annual sales conference. I would go back time and time again if I ever have the opportunity. Apparently until a year ago, this was the Mansion Hotel (out at Buckhead), and was then taken over by Mandarin Oriental, and now provides all the class, sophistication and outstanding service that you could ever dream of. As a previous review says, this hotel and the staff surpass all that I have encountered in other 5-star hotels. The hotel is one of those places that gives even a somewhat jaded frequent business traveller, new enthusiasm to go to new places. The rooms are large and luxurious (but in no way ostentatious) calm, the food was excellent and the staff are simply amazing. Every single one of the staff that I encountered was pleasant, articulate and very happy to chat about whatever topic... they seemed to all be completely natural and not part of a Mandarin Mould. The doormen are lovely and look after you so well - they even have a drive who will run you wherever you want to go (locally). Reception staff are efficient and very personable. My only regret was that my rather intense work schedule meant that I didn't get to experience the spa which is earning a reputation as the "best in Atlanta". I did dip a toe in the pool, the environment of which was also very tranquil and relaxing. To another reviewer's point, the TV set up is a bit lacking - as they say, no listing to find out what channel is where, and no international stations either - I couldn't even find BBCWorld (though maybe I just missed it!!). I cannot really think of any real place for improvement - all I can say is I hope that when I next land in Atlanta for whatever reason, there is a room available for me at this truly outstanding hotel.

Room Tip: I was on 10th floor, and had a large light lovely (standard) room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Your review made my day extra special! Thank you for the time you took to inform TripAdvisor readers of your experience. We look forward to your next visit and hopefully, as you said, you will be able to enjoy our fabulous spa. Again, thank you!

Sincerely, Robert Lowe, General Manager
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a three-night getaway. We took advantage of the "Suite Temptations" package that granted us one free night after purchase of two nights in one of their many suites. We opted for the thousand-plus square foot Premier Terrace Suite on the 12th floor. Between the two balconies on opposite ends of the suite were abounding comforts with timeless decor. I cannot imagine a room better suited to comfort and relaxation. Even more impressive than the facilities was the service. From the moment we pulled up our every whim was granted by a well-trained, professional and oh-so courteous staff. We only left the property once in our four days there. Thank you, Mandarin. We will be back next year.

My only suggestion for improvement is with the television entertainment. There is no description of the services in the hotel guest book and once I figured it out, I was surprised to learn there were no movie channels such as HBO. I also experienced some difficulties with the main television freezing up. All in all, a minor consideration.

Room Tip: Premier Terrace Suite has two balconies and is worth every penny.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your great review. We have noted your concerns about the TV and are addressing them. You compliments of the hotel and especially of the staff are very much appreciated. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family while in town on business. The location is fantastic. Close to the Marta so that the family could travel downtown while I was in the office. It is in walking distance to good shopping and several terrific restaurants - if you choose.

The room was lovely. Very quiet. Spacious. Very well appointed and comfortable. Prior review said the soap, etc had too strong an odor. I did not think so, although I only used the soap.

The lobby area is small, which is refreshing in its simplicity and peacefulness, although I cannot.imagine it at a peak check in or check out.

The hotel staff was excellent. Friendly, gracious, and genuine. I know many upscale restaurants that could learn some things from you.

The spa was very nice. It was one of the best pedicures that I have ever had.

Trust the hotel front desk with restaurant recommendations. Interestingly many coincided with tripadvisor recommendations.
I enjoyed myself very much.

• Stayed July 2013
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you and your family and to know that you will be returning again. Thank you from all of us at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta for taking the time to submit your feedback to the readers of TripAdvisor. It means so much to us all.

Robert Lowe, General Manager

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta? Share your experiences!