“Hard to get back to routine after MO” 5 of 5 stars

Drive in, Stay Late Offer
Ranked #1 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Huntsville, Alabama
“Hard to get back to routine after MO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

From the beginning to the end - what an experience. Stayed 3 days with total ease and perfect hospitality. Loved the macaroons as welcome gift.
Had breakfast everyday downstairs and am missing that wonderful touch. We also had lunch and that too was great.
The rooms were nicely decorated but they need to increase tv size. We had the corner large room and the rest of our stay was A+.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Great to hear that you loved your stay with us and the Macaroons as well! Keep returning for more surprises!! Thanks so much.

Robert Lowe, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed 3 nights and were treated like royalty. Everyone is very friendly..at the desk, in the lounge, at the Spa, and at the courtesy car. You feel like they are family after a couple of days. Any questions we had or services that we requested were handled quickly and with finesse. So nice to deal with people who obviously care about their quality of service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Your comment that you began to "feel like family" hit home for us! We strive to make all of our guests feel at home and like they are part of the Mandarin Oriental family. So nice to know that we succeeded. Thank you for graciously sharing your experience with TripAdvisor readers who value so highly our guests' comments. Please return again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have stayed at this location previously and each time is fantastic. Their attention to detail is amazing and my husband and I always enjoy our visit. I always make a point to use the Spa while there and I understand why it is so highly rated. It's fabulous! This recent trip I had a massage with Amber. She was fantastic!! Best massage to date. She listened and delivered on my requests. I highly recommend the Spa, even if not utilizing the hotel - very relaxing.

Our stay alone was very relaxing. The rooms are always beautiful - bed is comfortable and amenities are always taken care of nicely. I even had a not-so-nice situation happen when I managed to cut my foot in the bathroom (fault was my own) and they happily/quickly supplied a first aid kit. Extremely helpful in my time of clumsiness :-)

The Mandarin is by far my favorite place to stay in Atlanta and it's extremely close to all the main attractions. They even offer a complimentary driver to take you anywhere in Buckhead. My husband and I love it and will return frequently!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Such a great review and thanks so much for your compliments of the hotel and of Amber in the Spa. I read every TripAdvisor review and welcome all comments and compliments as they play a large part in our continuous drive for perfection. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have stayed at this location before when it was the Mansions. Great location and excellent service then. We stayed there this weekend and it is still very nice and I would recommend it. But we did have one issue that we were shocked to experience this morning: We ordered 2 American breakfasts ($40 before tax) We wanted to substitute 2 omelets for the scrambled eggs. The person taking our order had to check with his manager to see if he could do this. We were told no. My husband told them we would pay the difference/upcharge. He had to ask his manager again and she said no, not unless we would pay $16 for each omelet, on top of the $40 we were already paying. This of course is totally absurd and we were shocked they chose not to honor a simple customer request.

It's the small things like this that make the difference. You would think that a hotel could spare about .20 cents in eggs to make a customer a happy and loyal one, especially when the room cost is $300+ for one night. Very short sighted of the Mandarin to do things like this. Remember Mandarin Oriental, it's the small things.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
The experience you have described is definitely not our policy or the way we handle a request such as yours. You are correct, it is the "little things" that count and we take great pride in focusing on those important "little things" that make for a Mandarin Oriental experience so special. For this reason, I would like to speak with you personally to obtain more details in order for us to properly address the issue internally with the appropriate staff as a training tool. Please call me at 404-995-7530 so that we can discuss what occurred in more detail and I can personally extend my apologies.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When i booked this it hadnt yet been taken over by MO. so was a surprise on arrival, would have been nice to have been emailed in advance. Room large, well equipped and usual mandarin oriental style and facilities. Pool area makes use of the basement.. but nicely done. Spa good as expected. within close distance of shopping area, only gripe is the additional expense of parking. When i have paid this much to stay i dont expect it to be so painful! We had breakfast, but not as impressed as i expected. service slow and had to ask multiple times for things which was frustrating...did not feel cared for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback and we hope to be welcoming you back again in the very near future.

everywhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great property in the heard of Buckhead's shopping area. Parking is valet only and pricey. Rooms are fairly large and well furnished. I stay at the Mandarin in HK every now and then, so am using that as a comparison.

When I checked into the Atlanta hotel, I found the room did not have bottled water. I had to ask for it, and it was promptly delivered. Second, the bathroom was missing amenities that are always in the HK Mandarin (shaving kit, tooth brush, etc). While I have no doubt they would have been delivered had I asked, I would have liked them there. The soaps in the shower were Shanghai Tang brand - not great - and the tops were very difficult to take off. One of the chairs in the room had some stains on it, which is inexcusable. The first night I returned to the room at 9:15, and there was no turndown service. When housekeeping showed up, they said turndown service ends around 9:30, which seems extremely late.

The TV was not directly in front of the bed, and in fact was positioned on the wall at a very strange angle and could not pivot. While it was not uncomfortable to watch, it seemed strange.

The concierge was very helpful as was the front desk staff. I was expecting a high priority fedex package and I did not receive any indication that it had been delivered. I was out of the hotel and called in to check on delivery. I asked them to send to my room. When I returned to my room, the package was not there, and I had to go down again to retrieve it. Not very helpful.

I did not try the restaurants or the spa.

I had a good rate and would return again, but its not a slam dunk. Hopefully they can improve to the standards that their hotels in Asia set.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
As you might imagine, it was so disappointing to read your review and learn that we failed to meet your very understandable expectations. I want you to know, however, that since taking over the management of the hotel in May, 2012, we are extremely excited about some wonderful Mandarin Oriental inspired changes that we have made and are planning to make and hope that you will continue to return to enjoy them as they occur. Thank you for your comments and please return soon.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had to travel alone without my husband to see my son. I selected the Mandarin based on its elegance and service. I got so much more. They treated me with the greatest respect and care. Service was excellent. They were gracious, kind and went out of their way to be accommodating. I felt very safe and secure. The spa, pool, fitness center, sauna, whirlpool was an oasis of luxury and relaxation. The massage experience was physically, mentally & emotionally healing. The Mandarin is not a hotel, it is an experience of luxurious living. You can close the door to the outside world, live in luxury, get pampered and come home reenergized.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It is great to know that you have discovered the experience we provide to our guests. I hope we will be "taking you away" again soon! Thank you for sharing this with TripAdvisor.

Robert Lowe, General Manager

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta? Share your experiences!