“Five-Star Buckhead property delivers outstanding meeting services” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta

Drive in, Stay Late Offer
Ranked #1 of 188 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Ilinois
“Five-Star Buckhead property delivers outstanding meeting services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My team and I chaired an advisory board meeting at the Mandarin Oriental Atlanta. Everything, from the guest rooms, to the meeting rooms to the catering services was outstanding. It is refreshing to be served healthful, tasty choices, rather than the usual starch, fatty pablum. The spa and gym are fabulous. The only hitch I ran into was the non-delivery of my luggage to my room. Staff are attentive and polite without being obsequious and overbearing. One of my best hotel experiences ever.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We enjoyed having you and look forward to welcoming you back.

Robert Lowe, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I'm planning for my trip to Alanta and I call the Mandarin. The woman who answered the phone was AWESOME (her name is Shavonne). Well to say that's the best customer service Ive received in a long time. She was very helpful I mean se told me all the different discounts I could use. That just goes to show that this hotel will go out there way to help in anyway. So if you call to get info or book I would ask for Shavonne by name . Thank you Shavonne and Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I have forwarded your fabulous review and compliments of Shavonne to all of our colleagues along with my thanks to Shavonne for being a true ambassador for Mandarin Oriental. We genuinely appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor so that we are able to share it with the staff as well. We all look forward to welcoming you to Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend at this hotel in February. The customer service was over the top. We stayed in a king room with city views. The room was very well appointed, the bed was super comfy, the bathroom was luxurious. The workout facility was top notch as well as the spa. We ate dinner in the restaurant and we were very impressed with the quality and presentation. This is the best in Atlanta.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us so much and thank you for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor. We value the comments we receive and appreciate it when a guest takes the time to share them. We look forward to your return.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We live in Atlanta, but needed a weekend away from our small children to just be a married couple. I frequent hotels throughout town for conferences, events, etc. and we have stayed for nights away at some of the other top tier hotels here. Without question, this is the nicest and most beautiful hotel in Atlanta. The location is perfect unless you're here for a game or other events Downtown. But for shopping, great food, easy walks to restaurants and more, this is the place to stay. The spa is top notch and is among the best in the city in and of itself. The service here is just wonderful. My wife was having lunch in the café and was speaking with the concierge casually, just about the weather. When she asked her what the occasion was and my wife mentioned her birthday, the concierge came had someone come over with a dish of handmade truffles that were amazing. We didn't ask for anything and she was just having a lunch from the bar at a table. They just wanted to say happy birthday. Wow. People constantly greeted us, held doors, followed up, etc. All of the things a luxury hotel is supposed to do.

The rooms and bathrooms are gorgeous. Pictures cannot do them justice. The bed is unbelievably comfortable. I could just go on and on about this hotel. We will be back here for our next fun weekend out and I will continue to recommend it to friends and family who are coming into town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I loved reading about how our colleagues were able to ensure that your birthday was special. We love being able to surprise a guest in that way and always appreciate it when it is so much enjoyed. We are looking forward to continuing to welcome you on special occasions and/or just to get away together.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stay at the Mandarin every time I am in Atlanta for business. It has a great location and walking distance to many restaurants.

What I am struck by every time is the level of service from every employee. The valets are polite, professional and gracious. Anyone behind the counter is extremely helpful. If you just stand somewhere in the hotel and look around, many employees will walk up and ask if they can help you. Service from top down is fantastic.

Rooms are great, comfortable and newly renovated. This is one of the few hotels where I sleep well. Bathrooms are well appointed with nice furnishings and wonderful towels.

One of the best features of this hotel is its gym. Plenty of room and lots of machines. It is always very clean with lots of towels and bottled water everywhere.

This is my favorite hotel for business in the U.S. Can't say enough about it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We can't tell you enough how much your review of our hotel means to all of the colleagues here at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta who work so hard every day to make every guest visit special. Your review is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon and often.

Sincerely, Robert Lowe, General Manager
philadelphia area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I don't usually stay in luxury hotels because I have four kids and think the other guests would kill me so this is a new experience for me. I loved the lobby, I loved the service (though check-in took a long time...thank goodness we were upgraded by the end of it.) They recommended bars to go to when they found out it was the first time in 10 years that I was spending a night without my kids.
Really, I actually looked up where they got their pillows and mattresses because I loved it. And I told my husband I wanted their tub (we were on the 15th floor but I don't know what type of suite).
It is a little annoying to pay for valet service when you are paying $400 a night for a room. But the valet service people were very prompt and polite.
Admittedly, we staggered back to our room very late because we had visited some of the bars they had recommended (we took a cab and I was more tired than inebrieated) but the maid had done the turndown service. Very nice but I couldn't figure out how to turn out the lamps and my husband was pretty much useless. So I ended pulling the plugs on all of them!! And I was about to call the front desk and complain about the crazy people playing loud jazz at 2 am until I realized that the maid had turned out the radio beside the bed. Thank goodness I realized that before I was the lunatic calling them.
Also, since I had wasted my brain cells figuring out lamps and radios, I forgot to pull the drapes and the morning sun came in with a vengeance! The only night in years I could sleep in and the bright lights had me out of bed at 7:30. So pull those drapes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your visit with us. We always enjoy having the couples who are on "retreat" and try to make sure that they have a wonderful time. We appreciate you sharing your comments with TripAdvisor and please continue to return to Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm giving this hotel 5 stars ONLY because 10 stars (what they REALLY deserve!) isn't an option! What a FABULOUS establishment! From start to finish, the staff didn't miss a beat. I booked a surprise visit for myself and my husband and I really can't say enough about this beautiful hotel. We had the Valentines Package, and their staff was absolutely amazing!The rooms are clean and the staff has an incredible knack for attention to detail. We arrived to our room complete with the rose petal turndown service and after leaving only for dinner, we returned to champagne and chocolates. Their staff remembers your name and the service in the bar was excellent as well. Room service was also a treat and wonderful as well.This is, without a doubt, the very BEST hotel in Atlanta. I would not hesitate to book another visit, and am so happy that we had the opportunity to experience what it is to TRULY be treated first class. Mandarin Oriental will definitely be our choice whenever we travel! BRAVO!!!

Room Tip: We were in a corner superior King room---loved the view from the 12th floor! It was amazing to see t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
It was so great to read your review of the Valentine's experience you had with us and I have ensured that it is being shared with all of our colleagues who work so hard to make our guests' visits extra special. Thank you for taking the time to share your accolades with TripAdvisor and know that we are looking forward so much to welcoming you back again, often.

Robert Lowe, General Manager

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta? Share your experiences!