“Romantic and Immaculate” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta
“Romantic and Immaculate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We live in Atlanta, but needed a weekend away from our small children to just be a married couple. I frequent hotels throughout town for conferences, events, etc. and we have stayed for nights away at some of the other top tier hotels here. Without question, this is the nicest and most beautiful hotel in Atlanta. The location is perfect unless you're here for a game or other events Downtown. But for shopping, great food, easy walks to restaurants and more, this is the place to stay. The spa is top notch and is among the best in the city in and of itself. The service here is just wonderful. My wife was having lunch in the café and was speaking with the concierge casually, just about the weather. When she asked her what the occasion was and my wife mentioned her birthday, the concierge came had someone come over with a dish of handmade truffles that were amazing. We didn't ask for anything and she was just having a lunch from the bar at a table. They just wanted to say happy birthday. Wow. People constantly greeted us, held doors, followed up, etc. All of the things a luxury hotel is supposed to do.

The rooms and bathrooms are gorgeous. Pictures cannot do them justice. The bed is unbelievably comfortable. I could just go on and on about this hotel. We will be back here for our next fun weekend out and I will continue to recommend it to friends and family who are coming into town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I loved reading about how our colleagues were able to ensure that your birthday was special. We love being able to surprise a guest in that way and always appreciate it when it is so much enjoyed. We are looking forward to continuing to welcome you on special occasions and/or just to get away together.

Robert Lowe, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stay at the Mandarin every time I am in Atlanta for business. It has a great location and walking distance to many restaurants.

What I am struck by every time is the level of service from every employee. The valets are polite, professional and gracious. Anyone behind the counter is extremely helpful. If you just stand somewhere in the hotel and look around, many employees will walk up and ask if they can help you. Service from top down is fantastic.

Rooms are great, comfortable and newly renovated. This is one of the few hotels where I sleep well. Bathrooms are well appointed with nice furnishings and wonderful towels.

One of the best features of this hotel is its gym. Plenty of room and lots of machines. It is always very clean with lots of towels and bottled water everywhere.

This is my favorite hotel for business in the U.S. Can't say enough about it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We can't tell you enough how much your review of our hotel means to all of the colleagues here at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta who work so hard every day to make every guest visit special. Your review is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon and often.

Sincerely, Robert Lowe, General Manager
philadelphia area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I don't usually stay in luxury hotels because I have four kids and think the other guests would kill me so this is a new experience for me. I loved the lobby, I loved the service (though check-in took a long time...thank goodness we were upgraded by the end of it.) They recommended bars to go to when they found out it was the first time in 10 years that I was spending a night without my kids.
Really, I actually looked up where they got their pillows and mattresses because I loved it. And I told my husband I wanted their tub (we were on the 15th floor but I don't know what type of suite).
It is a little annoying to pay for valet service when you are paying $400 a night for a room. But the valet service people were very prompt and polite.
Admittedly, we staggered back to our room very late because we had visited some of the bars they had recommended (we took a cab and I was more tired than inebrieated) but the maid had done the turndown service. Very nice but I couldn't figure out how to turn out the lamps and my husband was pretty much useless. So I ended pulling the plugs on all of them!! And I was about to call the front desk and complain about the crazy people playing loud jazz at 2 am until I realized that the maid had turned out the radio beside the bed. Thank goodness I realized that before I was the lunatic calling them.
Also, since I had wasted my brain cells figuring out lamps and radios, I forgot to pull the drapes and the morning sun came in with a vengeance! The only night in years I could sleep in and the bright lights had me out of bed at 7:30. So pull those drapes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your visit with us. We always enjoy having the couples who are on "retreat" and try to make sure that they have a wonderful time. We appreciate you sharing your comments with TripAdvisor and please continue to return to Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'm giving this hotel 5 stars ONLY because 10 stars (what they REALLY deserve!) isn't an option! What a FABULOUS establishment! From start to finish, the staff didn't miss a beat. I booked a surprise visit for myself and my husband and I really can't say enough about this beautiful hotel. We had the Valentines Package, and their staff was absolutely amazing!The rooms are clean and the staff has an incredible knack for attention to detail. We arrived to our room complete with the rose petal turndown service and after leaving only for dinner, we returned to champagne and chocolates. Their staff remembers your name and the service in the bar was excellent as well. Room service was also a treat and wonderful as well.This is, without a doubt, the very BEST hotel in Atlanta. I would not hesitate to book another visit, and am so happy that we had the opportunity to experience what it is to TRULY be treated first class. Mandarin Oriental will definitely be our choice whenever we travel! BRAVO!!!

Room Tip: We were in a corner superior King room---loved the view from the 12th floor! It was amazing to see t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
It was so great to read your review of the Valentine's experience you had with us and I have ensured that it is being shared with all of our colleagues who work so hard to make our guests' visits extra special. Thank you for taking the time to share your accolades with TripAdvisor and know that we are looking forward so much to welcoming you back again, often.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I booked a 50 minute massage and must say that the massage part lasted about 20 minutes. The other 30 minutes were filler activities. The customer service overall was not as good as the Mansion on Peachtree had been.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
I want to offer my sincere apologies to you for the experience you had in The Spa which is certainly not acceptable to us. Our spa manager would very much like to discuss this with you to understand more of the details of what occurred so that we can address it immediately with the staff. If you would please call the hotel (404-995-7500) and ask to speak with the spa manager, she would be extremely grateful to speak with you. Again, I do apologize and hope that you contact us.

Pinckney, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed here and celebrated by wife's birthday, the service and room were top notch all the way, we were more than pleased. The only issue we had is that when we went down for dinner they did not have their regular menu available so we left and went to Prime, the food was excellent and the hotel provided transportation.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor if available
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We love being a part of a special occasion and doing everything possible to ensure that it is extra special. I'm delighted to know that we achieved that goal for you and your wife and thank you for sharing the experience with TripAdvisor readers. Regarding the issue of the menu, I will be speaking with our chef to determine why this occurred. Again, thank you for your review.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Nice rooms, strange layout but this may be because they are condo units too, at least our suite.
Homey feel, staff always greets you by first name and is VERY attentive. Hotel seems a bit quiet for my taste but I guess a lot of people prefer that; I prefer a vibrant restaurant and bar/lobby scene. But my biggest pet peeve was the room service. It was very plain, well executed but extremely limited. The preperation was good, but I felt this was probably a waste of a talented kitchen staff! Tea service was lackluster, something really strange for a Mandarin Oriental, that kinda sums up my in room dining impression.
Als had a nice crib and baby toiletries for us which was nice.

Room Tip: Watch extras like internet and parking, like an extra 40-50 a day! Also my suite (700sf) felt crampe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I have read your review and appreciate your comments and suggestions. Our goal is to ensure that ever guest has a perfect stay and we never cease working to ensure that experience for each guest. Please return again so that we can have another opportunity to make your stay as perfect as possible. Again, thank you for your comments.

Sincerely, Robert Lowe, General Manager

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta? Share your experiences!