“Very comfortable, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 190 Hotels in Atlanta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

When we booked our stay it was The Mansion on Peachtree. Only when we arrived at the door did we find out it had become a Mandarin Oriental - not a problem as had we known Atlanta had a Mandarin we would have booked it! The hotel is not too large, we had a very comfortable room, excellent service and the spa and pool was great. We stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of May after arriving from the UK and then a final night at the end of the month before flying home.
The bar is small but friendly, similarly the restaurant is also small but perfectly comfortable with good food. Ideal for a couple of days to get acclimatised and use as a base to see some of Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
IOP, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during the Fourth of July. Where do I start? We drove up to a large circular courtyard and were greeted by 4 smiling gentlemen eager to assist us. Once inside, we met Tessa who checked us in. She was extremely friendly and went over and above to get us settled in comfortably and quickly. Thanks Tessa! We then went upstairs to see our beautifully appointed room. The room and bathroom were immaculate and I am a stickler for that! The bathroom was very large and luxurious. I can't stress enough how new and clean everything was!
We were visiting to run the Peachtree Road Race. We came downstairs the morning of the race to find bananas, lemon infused water and safety pins. These are a must before a race and they had taken care of it. Every employee we encountered was top notch!
We took advantage of the hotel car to go to dinner one night. It was nice to have that service when you don't want to bother with traffic and directions. This was complimentary!
We will definitely be back one day soon! What a treat this was!

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you from all of us at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta for the fabulous review of your stay with us during the Peachtree Road Race. We love having the runners with us and do whatever we can to ensure they have a great time not only at the race but during their visit with us as well. Your comments are genuinely appreciated. Thank you.

Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

While the facility is very nice (probably 5 star), the service is way behind what would normally be expected of a five star hotel. First example, I booked a later flight and my wife had come to town to meet me. My office had booked through Amex the room in my name. She got there before me, and they refused to let her check in. Did not offer an accommodation like calling me to verify she could, blamed Travelocity, which I have never booked through and simply tols her she would have to wait. Just dumb that they assumed she was not telling the truth and not even bother to call me. Amex disputes the hotel's claim of booking through Travelocity. Next, didn't explain anything about the hotel, where anything was, including my room. Just poor customer service overall. The hotel is very nice though and my suite was very good. The hotel us a recent acquisition for the Mandarian Group, they just have not gotten up to speed with the Atlanta St. Regis or buck head Ritz. Will avoid in the future until better reviews show up...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Rooms at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to express your comments on TripAdvisor. Please know that the security of our guests and their personal information is top priority for us and was important in the circumstances that occurred. I would very much like for us to have the opportunity to speak with you personally to discuss this incident in greater detail. If this would be convenient for you, please send an email to our Director of Rooms, Roberto Marchetto at rmarchetto@mohg.com so that we may contact you at your convenience. Your impression of Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta is of utmost importance to us.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed at the Mansion in March 2012. It appeared it is now changed to be Mandarin Oriental, so I cannot comment on the recent changes in the service and rooms. Back in March it was a real ***** hotel, excellent service and wonderful rooms. The beds rock! I also used the Spa ---- exceptional service!!! The downside is that you cannot park your own car, and the breakfast was pretty expensive. Other than that - I can highly recommend!

The location is excellent, right in the heart of Buckhead. I have lived 4 years in Buckhead, so I wanted to come close to where I had lived and -The Mansion was the right place. I will be there again - if I can afford it....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We booked a last minute trip to Atlanta and decided to stay at the Mandarin Oriental on Peachtree Street for 2 nights, right in the heart of Buckhead. What a great location-near restaurants and the famous Lenox Mall. Upon pulling up in the hotel courtyard, we were greeted warmly by the valet and doorman, I was impressed the minute we got our of our car. The door was opened for us and we were led to the front desk to check in. I can't say enough about the staff at this hotel. They were so friendly and made us feel so welcome. We booked a standard room through American Express and were given an upgrade to a deluxe room. We were offered the use of the hotel car service-available on a first come first served basis. We were asked if we had dinner reservations and needed recommendations. Our room was on the 14th floor and was huge and beautiful! I have nothing negative to say about it. We had a large entry with dressing area and closet-lots of storage for clothes and suitcases. The bedroom was huge, with a desk area and chair and king bed. A very large window let in tons of light. Complimentary water bottles were left on the bedside tables and a fruit tray was our gift from the hotel management. Our Amex amenities included free wifi, but I think it was $9.95 per 24 hrs-not too bad. The bathroom was huge, with double sinks and lots of counter space. There was a large soaking tub and separate shower. After dinner we went to the bar for a drink. It was quiet and cosy-not too big. There are 2 TV's which were playing sports. The bartenders were really helpful in recommending drinks, etc...just a lovely time. Breakfast was really good. We had a continental breakfast included in our package ($30 credit). Everything we ordered was delicious-especially the omelet.
There was a piano player in the foyer during the evenings-soothing and relaxing. The public area was lovely with a beautiful fireplace and intimate sitting areas.
The best attribute this hotel has is it's staff and their level of service. Every time we encountered an employee, we were greeted by name. The door was held for us and we were asked about our plans for the day or where we were having dinner. The restaurant and bar staff-same! 5 star all the way!
We did have an issue the first night-upon coming back to our room after dinner and drinks, we smelled cigarette smoke coming into our room through the connecting door from the room next door. I called down to the front desk and reported this and was told there was indeed someone in that room. My husband is highly allergic to smoke and we were offered to move to another room. They couldn't have been nicer. The manager even called us the next morning, as my husband was pretty upset about this. We did end up and move to another room, which wasn't ideal at midnight. The entire hotel is non-smoking, and this person shouldn't have been smoking in his/her room. I hope the hotel management said something to them. This was the only negative experience we had during our stay, and it wasn't the hotel's fault.
We didn't check out the spa or gym, but I'm sure they're just as high quality as the rest of the hotel.
I would highly recommend the Mandarin Oriental Atlanta if you want a relaxing and elegant experience.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are beautiful. We booked a standard room and were upgraded to a deluxe room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert L, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Your very detailed review of your visit to Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta was truly delightful to read. I agree that our colleagues are our “best attribute” and we are extremely proud of them. I do want to express my sincere apologies for the cigarette smoke issue and assure you that it was addressed appropriately with the guests involved. Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta is a non-smoking hotel and we are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced by moving to another room due to this unacceptable incident. Your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

We look forward to your return and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor.

Savage, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This Hotel is great for the quiet and relax. Skip the pricey Sedan pick up it was a waste and the driver Antonio was not attentive. As ladies we carried our own bags from baggage claim to car. He did not offer and said the water he had was out of reach. Save the $105 and catch the Train to Buckhead $2.50 in less than 40 min. Our arrival made up for the bad sedan service. Doorman were prompt and ready. Front desk was quick and even set up dinner with their own car ready to take you within 2 miles. Their driver was much more attentive and friendly. Room was big and spacious and the turndown service was great. If you are a runner take advantage of the 6 mile route.Beautiful Site.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
What a less than positive way to begin your visit! I am just happy to know that our hotel car and driver made up for the poor service you received from an outside service. We receive so many compliments on our drivers who we are proud to have on our staff. Thank you for your compliments of Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta and for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to our beautiful city.

Regards,

Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here last year when it was the Mansion on Peachtree.

Everything u could expect from a 5 Star hotel.

Service - Excellent
Rooms - Large and very comfortable
Location - Right in the middle of Buckhead

We stayed for 5 nights in July and it was perfect - nothing negative comes to mind.

Tip - they used to have a hotel car which will happily bring u anywhere in the area - I suspect this is still the case.

Looking forward to going back in November

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta? Share your experiences!